PDA

View Full Version : Aw Sunday, you came too soon.

Monique
February 16th, 2014, 11:00 AM
Good morning everyone. It is a beautiful sunny day here this morning. It has been a pretty quiet weekend. I tried to sew yesterday but my heart really wasn't in it. I am trying a cash envelope wallet. This is the exact pattern I have been looking for and found on the net. Today we are going to the race track with friends. Sundays, they have all you can eat buffet followed by harness racing. Should be a fun day. And another meal I don't have to cook.

I work Monday and Tuesday, although I may be really tired tomorrow.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Jean Sewing Machine
February 16th, 2014, 11:30 AM
I'm off to a workshop on how to set up a quilting business! Hope I learn lots! I looked at and drooled over my dream quilt machine Friday. It's a big decision! I already told my kids they could do like Jenny's kids did and buy one for me! Needless to say, that idea didn't go very far!

I'll let you know what I find out!

MayinJerset
February 16th, 2014, 11:50 AM
Today I AM GOING TO SEW! YES! Somehow I always get distracted but this morning I'm going. You would think since the weather has kept me indoors so much lately I would be sewing up a storm but I haven't, nicer to snuggle under a quilt and read or hang out on the computer. I did do a lot of work for Project Pillowcases; simplified instructions worksheet and project info handout and letters/emails to a new LQS owner that agreed to be a Drop Off Site for pillowcases made by her customers. Left as 'optional" the idea of her hosting a Pillowcase Sew In at her shop sometime later this year. Good way to get customers into the shop and hopefully they will buy lots of her fabrics to donate to our project or go home and sew up lots of pillowcases to Drop Off at the shop.

pcbatiks
February 16th, 2014, 11:58 AM
Good morning everyone. We have had several pretty days here.......temps in the 60's. I would share them with all of you if I could. I've started 2 small wall hangings.........but like May said.........keep letting myself get distracted. I will be going to help sort more books in the morning........we sorted 3 days last week. The books always start coming in fast during the last couple of months before the sale.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Mom23
February 16th, 2014, 12:12 PM
Jean, Are you at Jackman's? I was there this past Thursday and thought about you. I should have called you and we could have met up! I usually go to their Illinois location but I drove a friend to the doctor on Ballas Road so I hit the Missouri store. It's very dangerous to walk in their doors!! Can't wait to hear how your day went.

Robin

I'm off to a workshop on how to set up a quilting business! Hope I learn lots! I looked at and drooled over my dream quilt machine Friday. It's a big decision! I already told my kids they could do like Jenny's kids did and buy one for me! Needless to say, that idea didn't go very far!

I'll let you know what I find out!