PDA

View Full Version : A Chilly Night Owl Observation

MayinJerset
February 16th, 2014, 07:48 AM
I think it really happened here too! 68487

So cold and yesterday's all day snow ended with rain, then wet snow again so we're pretty frozen in. Lots of rain predicted for next week but with temps in the low 40's so maybe it will wash all this away. Never thought about moving south but if this keeps up much longer I'll be checking real estate ads down in the Carolina's.

Bubby
February 16th, 2014, 09:23 AM
May, The Carolinas didn't escape the arctic blast! The got hit hard and harder. One place you don't want to move to is Missouri. We live with messes like this all winter every year. We're the Ice Capitol of the USA.

dwil23
February 16th, 2014, 10:00 AM
Come on down to Florida, May! It didn't even freeze here this year. It has been kind of rainy lately, but nothing like you all have had. The down side of no hard freeze (defined as eight or more straight hours of 32 degrees or lower) means the bugs will be worse this summer.

MayinJerset
February 16th, 2014, 10:58 AM
Donna, Florida might be a choice but I need to find a spot with low humidity - suffered through several visits to Florida. Guess there isn't any spot that has all that we want.

pcbatiks
February 16th, 2014, 12:02 PM
Donna, Florida might be a choice but I need to find a spot with low humidity - suffered through several visits to Florida. Guess there isn't any spot that has all that we want.

May..........I was going to invite you to visit with me..........but I guess that is out because our humidity is terrible during the summer........some days it feels like more than 100%!

Genny
February 16th, 2014, 12:15 PM
We're in an Winter Weather Advisory for tonight and tomorrow for snow, sleet and freezing rain. It just keeps going on...and on...and on.......:icon_angry:

Iowa is also a place you may not want to move to...extremely cold in the winter and super humid in the summer. My daughter and her family lived in Colorado for a couple years and when they moved back she told me she had forgot how extreme the humidity was. You walk outside to water your flowers and in a matter of minutes you are drenched with sweat.

MayinJerset
February 17th, 2014, 10:04 AM
May..........I was going to invite you to visit with me..........but I guess that is out because our humidity is terrible during the summer........some days it feels like more than 100%!
One of our granddaughters and her DH moved to New Orleans last year and they want us to come for a visit as they now have their own home. DH thought we would visit them this summer, NO WAY. Is there ever a time of low humidity?

Also see by Ginny's post Iowa is out too.