PDA

View Full Version : The Waltons

Learner quilter
February 15th, 2014, 08:03 AM
Ralph Waite dies.. Good Night Daddy. x

RoseMA
February 15th, 2014, 08:54 AM
I was sad to see he passed. Didn't see much in the news either which was also sad.

Learner quilter
February 15th, 2014, 08:59 AM
I saw it on BBC on-line... One of my favourite programmes.. We have 4 episodes on a Saturday . Next one is starting , Spring fever next one is A Walton Easter. A day of The Waltons AND quilting , joy....

buckeyequilter
February 15th, 2014, 10:06 AM
I watch the Walton's all the time :) I have it on in my sewing room (along with some other shows). On the channel I watch there is going to be some sort of tribute tomorrow.

songbird857
February 15th, 2014, 10:40 AM
Shirley Temple, Sid Caesar, and Ralph Waite in one week.... sheesh... all beloved and fine actors

bhaggerty
February 15th, 2014, 11:26 AM
Another American treasure lost

Bubby
February 15th, 2014, 12:16 PM
Rest In Peace, John. You will be missed.

GrammaBabs
February 15th, 2014, 12:20 PM
what wonderful talents we've been blessed with in our time... The Walton's my favorite.. right now the Hallmark channel has something on demand that is so nice to have on while knitting or crocheting when I want to be sitting.. When Call the Heart.. check it out.. produced by Micheal Landon Jr.... of Little House on the Prarie fame.. another great show..

BellasQuilts
February 15th, 2014, 01:19 PM
RIP John, you will be missed.

auntiemern
February 15th, 2014, 02:33 PM
RIP you will be missed. I don't think I ever missed an episode of the Walton's. Most recently he played Gibb's dad on NCIS. They has a piece on FB yesterday.

alliek
February 15th, 2014, 03:42 PM
We still love the Waltons! I gave the CD set to my DH for a Christmas gift one year. He loved it. We also loved Ralph Waite on NCIS. He had his struggles in life, but was a fine, fine actor and will be missed.

BobW
February 16th, 2014, 01:20 AM
Ralph Waite also had a recurring role on Days of Our Lives as Father Matt. In fact he was mentioned yesterday, and it hasn't been but a few days since he was on the show. I know they tape in advance, so he may even be back.