PDA

View Full Version : Got My Freak Out Today

mommadeb
February 14th, 2014, 04:30 PM
I just finished talking to my daughter and she told me of her day yesterday at work. Apparently a man was murdered in a room about 50m from where her and another lady were working. After the deed, the guy ran into their room, grabbed some stuff and ran out again. Then someone else came in and said that Mr. X was hurt real bad. Supervisors and such went running, police, etc and apparently Mr. X had been stabbed several times and died at the scene. She did not go into that room and I am glad of that. I think that would have overloaded her.

Newport: Employee fatally stabbed at Bailey Nurseries - TwinCities.com (http://www.twincities.com/crime/ci_25137705/newport-police-investigate-fatal-stabbing-employee-at-bailey?source=rss_viewed)

They had grief counseling today for employees and my daughter is doing ok. Still a bit stressed out though. I would not wish a situation like that on anyone.

Sorry, I just had to get this out and my DH is at work.

dwil23
February 14th, 2014, 04:45 PM
I understand. So scary. I'm glad your DD is okay. It just goes to show you never know what the next minute holds.

(((HUGS)))

GrammaBabs
February 14th, 2014, 05:19 PM
THANK GOD your DD is alright.. you just never know what is in the future... we must grab each moment and feel good about what we DO have!

Pandabear
February 14th, 2014, 05:22 PM
Yikes! Many hugs to your daughter.

Vonnie
February 14th, 2014, 05:29 PM
Goosebumps! So glad your DD is okay. Give her and yourself time to settle down. Maybe ask her if she wants to sleep at home for a while?

K. McEuen
February 14th, 2014, 06:05 PM
And people wonder why I lock the doors to the office I work at, especially when I'm here alone.

SewLiz
February 14th, 2014, 06:14 PM
That's scary. Glad your daughter is ok. Sorry for the family of "Mr. X". What a sad world we live in.

mommadeb
February 14th, 2014, 07:03 PM
Wish I could. She's in Minnesota and I'm in Iceland. Wish I was there to hug her myself. She lives with my sister. Her boyfriend canceled his trip today(he works at the same place but had the day off yesterday) to be with her and her best friend from Iowa already had plans to come up for the weekend, so she has lots of support around her.

Goosebumps! So glad your DD is okay. Give her and yourself time to settle down. Maybe ask her if she wants to sleep at home for a while?

mommadeb
February 14th, 2014, 08:48 PM
Here is the update:

Bailey nursery employee 'hated' co-worker; now charged with murder - TwinCities.com (http://www.twincities.com/crime/ci_25144480/newport-nursery-stabbing-victim-idd-co-worker-charged?source=most_viewed)

Also, my DD didn't tell me earlier but now she told me that she was working next to the killer yesterday. As in bumping elbows close before it all happened.

easyquilts
February 14th, 2014, 09:15 PM
You must be do relieved that your daughter is OK.... What a trauma for both of you..

mommadeb
February 14th, 2014, 11:47 PM
Thanks all for your thoughts.

Mpyles
February 14th, 2014, 11:53 PM
Goodness! Such craziness in the world! So glad your daughter is ok! Prayers for her and you.

rebeccas-sewing
February 15th, 2014, 12:10 AM
What a bizarre situation! He got rid of someone he hates and now will spend time in jail. I wonder if he feels it was worth it? That poor family! Actually I feel bad for both families. So glad your daughter is okay.

mommadeb
February 17th, 2014, 05:46 PM
The employees at the nursery went back to work today. I'm sure it will be a tough one. So far my DD says she's doing ok.

BobW
February 17th, 2014, 05:52 PM
I hope your daughter has someone local to comfort her. I would suggest if you can Skype spend some time with her and just let her know how much you love her. It seems the world just gets crazier. It is such a shame the man was killed but thank heavens no one else was hurt.

Just goes to show you, you never know how much time we have and that we should let the ones who are dear to us know how dear they are often.

auntiemern
February 17th, 2014, 08:18 PM
How scary that must have been. So glad your DD is alright. That would certainly be enough to shake anyone up.

Wwena
February 18th, 2014, 06:11 PM
How horrible is that! :( Glad your daughter is ok.

mommadeb
February 19th, 2014, 02:25 PM
Here is a story about the man that committed the crime. So sad. A moment of anger has changed many lives forever. He deserves whatever punishment he gets and for that I do not feel sorry for him. I do feel sorry for him in the decision that he made. I talked to my daughter more and she said he was a real nice guy and she never had problems working with him, which she did often.

Ruben Rosario: Cuban boxer's next bout: landing full-time work, getting his family here - TwinCities.com (http://www.twincities.com/news/ci_18395563?source=email)