PDA

View Full Version : What is the significance of the duck?!

WendyI
February 14th, 2014, 03:56 PM
I just had a very quick peek at the new tute that was posted and for the hundredth time wondered, what is the significance of the quacky duck just before Jenny Doan starts speaking in all the tutorials? Anyone know? Al?? Are you lurking?

Every time I watch one I wonder this....so now I'm askin! ANYONE?!??

MayinJerset
February 14th, 2014, 04:31 PM
Now you have me wondering too. So what is the answer? Inquiring minds need to know.

RoseMA
February 14th, 2014, 04:33 PM
:icon_hi:
I've been wondering that since I saw it the first time too.

Pandabear
February 14th, 2014, 04:46 PM
From what I gather it was just for funsies

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/general-discussion/21789-m%2Aqc-tutorials-anyone-know-significance-quack.html

K. McEuen
February 14th, 2014, 06:06 PM
It's a chicken ... that quacks.

Al just stuck it on the first tutorial as a goofy thing and it's been there ever since.

SallyO'Sews
February 15th, 2014, 07:54 PM
Well, not gonna' lie, the duck quacks me up! :icon_hihi:

HandsOffItsMine
February 15th, 2014, 08:15 PM
That duck is annoying! Just like at the carnival/arcade...I been wanting to shoot it!!! lol

bkthomas
February 15th, 2014, 10:40 PM
From what I gather it was just for funsies

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/general-discussion/21789-m%2Aqc-tutorials-anyone-know-significance-quack.html

He He....Wendy, you've asked this before!!!

Miss Sheri
February 15th, 2014, 10:47 PM
It seems that they had thought of axing the duck at one point but response indicated that it should stay.

Ginny B
February 15th, 2014, 11:17 PM
I love the quack. :) And when dh hears it, he knows I'm watching a tutorial and asks me what it is.

CountryHut
February 16th, 2014, 01:27 AM
MSQC tune is SO funny! - YouTube (http://youtu.be/x0zG0yptLzQ). . baby giggles at the quack

BobW
February 16th, 2014, 12:25 PM
Sometimes a quilter just has to quack. If it quacks like a duck and looks like a chick Jenny is telling us to pay attention, she is getting ready to teach us something. LOL

Jess1377
February 16th, 2014, 01:32 PM
Its such a fun little quack! It makes me smile and I smile even more when I watch the video. My son also knows the quack and what it means!

ozziepuppy
February 16th, 2014, 04:11 PM
Well, most chickens cluck. However, this chicken quacks. My interpretation is that what follows is NOT "the same old thing" but a tutorial that demonstrates an unexpected, new, or easier way to do something (just like a quacking chicken is somewhat unexpected).

Of course, I may be reading too much into it, but that is how I interpret it! I love it--I think it is really cute, funny, and symbolic! :)

ncgrammie
March 15th, 2014, 09:50 AM
My bad....I thought it was a chickadee. I love the quack. It’s like a burp at the end of a good meal, it’s like the boom after fireworks goes off, it’s like the MSQC logo popping up. They all belong together perfectly (well, maybe not the burp) I love it. Brilliant touch.