PDA

View Full Version : Too Snow Much Fun

Blondie
February 13th, 2014, 02:33 PM

Hello Folksies

Here I am - frozen to the max - walked up The Hill from Mom's this morning - no boots - what was I thinking? After a strong pot of coffee, along with some delish grits, gravy and biscuits, I decided to head out and make my first official snow person in years and years. She ain't too purty but she has lotsa pizazz. It is difficult to tell by the pic but she stands almost 4 foot tall. We have about a good 10 inches and it is still putting it down here in my area. Roads are ridiculous, we still have power, thank the Good Lord and I trekked back down The Hill after making this Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm snowie to put on a big pot of chili. I will let Moms make the cornbread.

I'll be back when I can. Josh and I had a wonderful snow ball fight, and found out that Gracie loves to chase snowballs and eat them. I wanted to make snow angels but my body ain't quite ready for that full monty of snow - YET.

Making the best of a cold situation, and I am smiling!

WendyI
February 13th, 2014, 02:42 PM
THAT is an AWESOME snow person!! I love her! Considering how much snow we get up here, we're not nearly so inventive! Great Job!

K. McEuen
February 13th, 2014, 02:43 PM
Blondie, throw the snowballs against the house, just a little higher than Gracie can reach. It's fun to watch them try to get the half snowball lump off the wall. The lab I used to have had a blast in the snow. Spike, the weiner dog hates the snow, because - well, important parts of his anatomy drag in the snow and he's not too keen on that.

auntiemern
February 13th, 2014, 02:59 PM
What a beautiful snow lady. Glad to hear you all are doing well. Stay safe and warm, and know I am praying for that, as well as continued power.

Carol336
February 13th, 2014, 03:06 PM
Rebecca is simply adorable....and you my dear are having way toooo much fun...or not!!!
I put a crock pot of split pea soup on at 6:30 this morning and we just had a bowl - delish!!! I sent
my DH out to deliver some to the men in the neighborhood that have been out shoveling all morning, well snow blowing is more like it, but it's still mighty chilly out there.

Back to my sewing....making some click bags for door prizes for our monthly crop (scrapbook). I got 8 of them all cut out yesterday, so I just need to whip them up today....should have them done in no time at all.

Stay warm everyone

EnumclawGramma
February 13th, 2014, 03:19 PM
So glad to hear your enjoying your Winter Blondie! I love your snowy creation, especially the rose in her cheeks! BRRRR!!!!

Come back when you can, enjoy this bonus time with the family.

CountryHut
February 13th, 2014, 03:52 PM
just entirely 2 - 2 cute . . . now make her into a quilt . . .

grannyann
February 13th, 2014, 03:55 PM
I think as we get older we forget we are allowed to get out there and have some snow fun. She is beautiful. Now you need to make
a snow angle.

Jean Sewing Machine
February 13th, 2014, 04:07 PM
So cute! You certainly know how to make lemonade out of lemons! Have a great fun day or days in the snow!

MayinJerset
February 13th, 2014, 04:25 PM
just entirely 2 - 2 cute . . . now make her into a quilt . . .

Yes, let us see a snow quilt out there.

EmmaB
February 13th, 2014, 05:05 PM
She's adorable. Now, just plop right down in the snow and make your angel. It'll only take a minute.

debinmalaga
February 13th, 2014, 05:31 PM
Love your snazzy snow lady, Blondie :-). We are over a foot so far here and it's still snowing like mad, we may see 18 inches or more. What makes matters sad is we spend bad weather days in town at a cruddy little apartment behind our auto repair shop. Beats driving up the mountain to the house, but the house is where my sewing room is! I didn't pack a single bit of hand work; I could have lugged a machine or even just my Go! Baby and a bag of scraps! But I have nothing, so I am skulking around here on the forum looking at everyone else's endeavors.

MRoy
February 13th, 2014, 05:40 PM
She's adorable! She should be around for quite a while after the rest of the snow is gone. Stay safe and enjoy your chili and cornbread!

grannyann
February 13th, 2014, 09:36 PM
I just read my post and see I wrote angle instead of Angel. It has been one of my off days today.

bkthomas
February 13th, 2014, 09:45 PM
Speaking of snow quilts, have you ever seen this?!

Artist Simon Beck Creates Intricate Snow Art by Walking for Miles (http://www.viralnova.com/simon-beck-snow-art/)

PeggyM
February 13th, 2014, 09:51 PM
That's awesome! (Is he responsible for crop circles, too?) :)

WendyI
February 13th, 2014, 10:07 PM
Speaking of snow quilts, have you ever seen this?!

Artist Simon Beck Creates Intricate Snow Art by Walking for Miles (http://www.viralnova.com/simon-beck-snow-art/)

Kathy! THAT is AMAZING!! Dude has WAY too much time on his hands though! LOL! I wonder how he keeps track of it all...lol track...sorry, bad pun there!