PDA

View Full Version : Goodnight Owls

Mpyles
February 12th, 2014, 01:44 AM
Hi owls! I am off to bed early but wanted to tell you all to have a hootin good night!

toggpine
February 12th, 2014, 01:55 AM
Hi Mary!

The whole family is sick, so Night Owling may be off the agenda for a while.
Although the Dr. put me on steroids to dry up the ear & sinus infections. He said it should take care of the hives too. The last time I took them I couldn't sleep for a couple of days. Ugh!
Now that I think back on it, I may be more of a night owl than I'd like!

Sew Perfect
February 12th, 2014, 02:54 AM
Hi Mary!

The whole family is sick, so Night Owling may be off the agenda for a while.
Although the Dr. put me on steroids to dry up the ear & sinus infections. He said it should take care of the hives too. The last time I took them I couldn't sleep for a couple of days. Ugh!
Now that I think back on it, I may be more of a night owl than I'd like!
Hey y'all...not much night owling for this girl lately. Irits is a pain in the eye...literally! Hope you and your family get to feeling better real soon.

MayinJerset
February 12th, 2014, 03:39 AM
68195 Hey, I finally can Hoot as a Night Owl again, the past 4 nights our internet connection was out for hours. Wonder if I can get a refund for those hours, just think I'll file that complaint in The Fat Chance folder.

Sorry some aren't feeling well, hope you feel better soon. Keeping my fingers crossed as DH and I haven't been sick yet this Winter. I think it's just too cold out for me to get sick as I usually get very sick when the weather turns nice sunny and warm. I'll be laying in bed moaning while a soft warm breeze floats in the window and I can hear people walking and talking nearby.

Been catching up with my emails and will take a gander at what's been happening on the forum today. Miss all you guys when my connection is broken

Simply Quilting
February 12th, 2014, 03:45 AM
I just got on the forum for the late evening. I got the strips sewn for the Irish Chain but when I went to iron them - tried it with a dry iron - the seams didn't want to lay down on the back. So I decided to stop that (the very slow cooling iron has to cool completely before adding water) and start on my Mom's birthday quilt. I got one set of 4 blocks to go done. It is going to be a throw quilt made from 4 Front Porch charm packs.

bubba
February 12th, 2014, 03:58 AM
Oh, I'm so sorry you are on steroids! Those things make me super duper hungry!! Last time I was on them for two weeks and I could not get food in my mouth fast enough after about the third day. One night, Monkeyman drove me to McD's. It's just two miles from our house, on the other side of I5. I got myself a happy meal and started eating it as soon as it was in my hot little hands. It was gone by the time we hit the overpass!!! That is only about a six block distance....

It's bedtime for me as I work in the morning. All I did today was sleep in, have lunch w/Monkeyman, work on my applique, cook/eat dinner, and work on the applique again. Didn't even watch TV!

Lindagie
February 12th, 2014, 04:04 AM
Haven't seen any Night Owl actiivity for a few days on here; did I miss it?
Hope everyone regains their good health soon. This winter has been kind of bad for people being sick it seems.
We had a long day and evening, so think I will get some zzzzzsssss now since I have to be up early to watch our grandson in the morning. Gotta sleep fast so Good Night all!

Hulamoon
February 12th, 2014, 09:15 AM
Just hooting in. It's close to two and I'm catching up on the Olympics I recorded. Poor Bob Costas and his eyes. Matt Lauer had to take over.

I keep thinking about May's carrot/leek soup so I have been looking at some recipes. I found one that was the same, but there was some wine and herbs added. May's calls for no cream and this calls for sour cream. I'm going to stir some in a little cup to see if it makes much difference.

Look at me getting all chatty about soup. You guys are all probably sound asleep. lol Well back to skating :)

MayinJerset
February 12th, 2014, 10:07 AM
Lorie, Here's my recipe if you want to try it. Made it yesterday without the leeks as I didn't have any. May

Creamy Carrot Soup w/o Cream

2 cups chopped leeks
1 cup chopped onion
3 T butter or veggie oil
4 cups chopped carrots
3 cans low sodium chicken broth
s/p to taste

Sauté the leeks and onion till soft in the butter. Add the carrots and broth, bring to a boil, lower heat and cook until carrots are soft. Puree with hand held blender or cool and put in regular blender. Add s/p to taste.

This cooks up really fast depending upon how thick your carrots are. When leeks aren't available or too expensive so I use 3 cups of onions. Some times I use veggie broth or chicken broth with roasted veggies, whatever I have on hand. Goes great with a sandwich or some Ritz. I like to drink it from a big thick mug.

Hulamoon
February 12th, 2014, 11:00 AM
Thanks May! I bought the carrots and leeks, so I'm going to make it today:)

I found a really cool product if you (or anyone ) makes soups a lot. I was on a hunt for veggie stock and was getting really discouraged. A clerk at one store was going all out for me looking for some. I said that's okay. She ran after me to the checkout to give me something. What a dedicated employee! Anyway she handed me a jar and it was $6.00. Sure I'll take a chance! She went to so much trouble for me after all. lol

This stuff is amazing! When I looked this up they have so many flavors!. I've used it four times and it is the best. Mind you I only used the veggie one so far.

Superior Touch (http://www.superiortouch.com/retail/products/better-than-bouillon)

bubba
February 12th, 2014, 12:02 PM
That better than bullion stuff is fantastic!!! I've been using it since it came out three or four years ago. If you have a Costco nearby, they sell the beef and chicken ones there. There is an Asian store up in Seattle, and they carry vegie, turkey, pork, about six different flavors. All I buy are the chicken and beef. Oh, and the jars at Costco are about 2x the size!