PDA

View Full Version : Back from holiday

Wwena
February 11th, 2014, 04:06 PM
We had a great time in Los Christianos, Tenerife (one of the (Spanish) Canary Islands off the Maroccan coast). My kids REALLY loved the waterslides at one of the hotel pools and we liked watching them. I didn't get nearly as far crocheting my afghan as I had thought, even though I did spend some time on it (by the pool, nice!!). I think I didn't realise how big a project I chose lol. It's all good though. I like it!

I wanted to share just a few pics with you. :)

We went for a stroll the first morning, to get our bearings (we arrived really late the day before). We knew from hearing live singing well into the night, that we were right smack in the party district. Partying retirees mostly though, the median age is quite high. :) We realised that we were really close to some very fine beaches as well. This is the closest beach, featuring me and my kids David and Alice.

We only spent a little time actually on the beach though since the pool area at the hotel was so nice. Did I mention the slides...? ;) David can't swim yet and although the pool with the slides was kinda shallow he wore his "puffar". Apparantly they made him really strong!

There were two large pools as well that the kids and DH liked - or the heated one at least! The one that wasn't heated was a bit too cold... It's winter down there after all, even if we can't really tell it other than by how short the days are. This is my DH and the kids in the large pool. I like the pic, they all have such attitude! :D

We lived really close to the very southwest point of the island, where the surf was great. We went looking at the surfers there one windy night. David in particular, found them really fascinating.

The very last day (yesterday) was quite cloudy and just before lunch we decided to rent a car and have a family outing (our friends decided to stay home). We went for a long drive around the whole island and I have loads of pictures from the dramatic landscape that don't do it justice at all (Planet of the Apes was shot here, among other movies). We didn't go as far up as the Teide, since the view (from Spains highest mountain) probably wasn't that great on a cloudy day - as the peak is above or in the clouds. We did get high enough to actually drive through some clouds though and they were cooooold and quite dense. Did anyone read Stephen King? :D (Oh and I never saw that many banana plantations in my life. Ever.)

We went home today and had a REALLY early start - 4.15 am the bus left for the airport. Needless to say we are really tired, but after a week away from the forum I had to check in. That's addiction for you! ;)

I might have left Spain for this time, but I went to my salsa class tonight, so I don't feel the withdrawal quite yet! Going to try and scan the board now. :)

*waves*

Bubby
February 11th, 2014, 04:21 PM
Glad you had such a wonderful holiday!

Jean Sewing Machine
February 11th, 2014, 05:01 PM
Sounds like such an awesome trip! Thanks for sharing your pictures!

KerriS
February 11th, 2014, 05:50 PM
Beautiful pictures, thanks for sharing..

Tenerife is a wonderful island, did you visit the LoroParque at Puerto de la Cruz?

Shirley
February 11th, 2014, 07:14 PM
Anna, great pics, thanks a bunch for sharing.

Wwena
February 12th, 2014, 02:20 PM
Beautiful pictures, thanks for sharing..

Tenerife is a wonderful island, did you visit the LoroParque at Puerto de la Cruz?

We did not! It was quite far from where we lived and my kids aren't that into zoos. I don't know why not lol.

Madeforyouinma11
February 12th, 2014, 03:54 PM
Looks like you had a wonderful time.
What afghan are you working on? Did I miss your post on it?

SallyO'Sews
February 12th, 2014, 04:13 PM
So happy you had a fun vacation, Anna!! Great to have you back. Your family is beautiful, and so are you!

Wwena
February 12th, 2014, 05:33 PM
Thanks so much!!

I haven't posted a pic of the afghan, just a post asking about other crocheters. :)