PDA

View Full Version : Stay safe south and east coast

Doloris
February 11th, 2014, 03:24 PM

This is northern Alabama, with more coming tomorrow. Was supposed to be 1" to 2". Looks more like about 4" Everyone in the south and up the east coast stay safe.
For once it is going around Ohio and getting both my boys, one in Al and one in DC. Sometimes there is justice in all this madness. They are always making fun of all the mess they miss out on and we get. :).

songbird857
February 11th, 2014, 03:47 PM
:) expecting snow here on Thursday - you know it will be interesting if NOAA won't give amounts yet

GinnyKNC
February 11th, 2014, 04:02 PM
I'm originally from the North so the cold and snow shouldn't bother me... Right? Uhhhh WRONG! I moved South for a reason lol. It is so cold out today and started snowing around 9 am. We only received about 3 inches or so. Tomorrow and Thursday are supposed to be the worst. If we get the kind of snow they are talking about we will be in trouble lol. We don't have the equipment they have up North to get 6 to 8 inches. The problem I think will be the ice. The roads are really wet and it's below 30 - brrrrrrrrr. This wet cold makes my body hurt. My legs don't want to work today and my knees are just aching. Everyone be safe!

HandsOffItsMine
February 11th, 2014, 04:58 PM
Yikes Dolores, I'd say the weathermen don't know their measurements! lol

Ginny/Songbird/Dolores and who ever might be reading after this...

Please be safe and don't venture out if you don't have to. I'm staying in if I can - trying to get Don to do the same...

Carolyn
February 11th, 2014, 05:03 PM
Just checked with local PO to see if any quilting supplies had arrived. I was going to pick them up before the snow came. No luck, they will most likely arrive Thursday with most of the snow. Oh well, they will wait. If we get all they are projecting we won't be coming down the mountain for a few days! At least no ice is supposed to come here. Just stay at home and quilt everyone.

Mary Ruth
February 11th, 2014, 10:19 PM
No joke, Northern Alabama had a healthy snow. The weatherman promised more snow and ice beginning in the early hours. Redstone Arsenal is closed tomorrow. I can't remember the last time that happened. Quilting time!!!!

soul60s
February 11th, 2014, 10:25 PM
:) expecting snow here on Thursday - you know it will be interesting if NOAA won't give amounts yet

Ohhhh.... don't say that! :icon_tape: I don't want anymore snow. Did you hear there was an earthquake off Nantucket? Some reports say there were two. 2.4 around New Bedford and 4.1 off Nantucket. I had no idea of either.

PeggyM
February 11th, 2014, 10:33 PM
I'm worried about Ryan and Tabatha. He's just 30 minutes west of me, but they got the ice worse than I last week. Has anyone heard from him? It's apparently very hard to predict where "the line" is on storms in Maryland. I got four inches last week, and my boss, 38 miles south, got a dusting.

dizzyLiz
February 11th, 2014, 10:54 PM
I am so tired and worried. I worked today but left at 4. My Dad has severe COPD. His wife was put into the hospital Thursday with pnemonia. My family has been taking turns staying with Dad. Well Dad started feeling bad yesterday morning, by 1am he was in the ER, he has the flu. Sigh the entire family has been exposed. With this storm coming, I know we won't be able to go anywhere tomorrow & possibly Thursday. I called my doctor and he called in tamiflu as a preventive measure for myself, DD & her boyfriend. Well my niece was on her way to my dad's from work.......car broke down. My brother got her and she is safe with Dad. The car is on the side of the road......who knows about it as they have no money. I will concentrate on evryone is safe and hopefully no one will get severly sick during this storm. I'm just very anxious.......why do I feel responsible for all of them??? Pray for me and my family please. I just want this storm over with. The south is not prepared for this at all.

PeggyM
February 11th, 2014, 11:02 PM
Praying for you and your family, Liz. I hope the ice misses you.

Mpyles
February 11th, 2014, 11:04 PM
I am so tired and worried. I worked today but left at 4. My Dad has severe COPD. His wife was put into the hospital Thursday with pnemonia. My family has been taking turns staying with Dad. Well Dad started feeling bad yesterday morning, by 1am he was in the ER, he has the flu. Sigh the entire family has been exposed. With this storm coming, I know we won't be able to go anywhere tomorrow & possibly Thursday. I called my doctor and he called in tamiflu as a preventive measure for myself, DD & her boyfriend. Well my niece was on her way to my dad's from work.......car broke down. My brother got her and she is safe with Dad. The car is on the side of the road......who knows about it as they have no money. I will concentrate on evryone is safe and hopefully no one will get severly sick during this storm. I'm just very anxious.......why do I feel responsible for all of them??? Pray for me and my family please. I just want this storm over with. The south is not prepared for this at all.

Liz, breathe....it's in gods hands! Just take care if yourself! Hugs to you!!

dizzyLiz
February 11th, 2014, 11:23 PM
Thank you Mary. I'm going to take a deep breath, say a prayer. If that doesn't calm me down I'm taking a clonazepam LOL.

Good news is this; if the weather is as bad as predicted, I doubt i will make it to work Wed. & Thurs, and I'
m scheduled off Fri, Sat. & Sunday......clean house tomorrow, clean sewing room....it needs it badly, and three days of sewing. A vacation is just what I need.

Doloris
February 11th, 2014, 11:27 PM
I'm worried about Ryan and Tabatha. He's just 30 minutes west of me, but they got the ice worse than I last week. Has anyone heard from him? It's apparently very hard to predict where "the line" is on storms in Maryland. I got four inches last week, and my boss, 38 miles south, got a dusting.

Ryans last post was the 9th. hoping that baby doesn't decide to appear in the middle of a snow storm. He had no electric from the last storm, so I'm sure they are prepared for this one. My son is in Lorton Va, just south of DC and they are just playing the waiting game.

stationarymom
February 12th, 2014, 04:28 AM
i'm in central Mass they say we could get 8"-15"