PDA

View Full Version : Great News

Pattycake
February 11th, 2014, 02:52 PM
This is very off topic, but I wanted to share my good news. I was diagnosed a year ago with the most aggressive breast cancer. Yesterday I had my one-year checkup and was declared cancer free! I give God the glory. I serve a mighty God.

This particular cancer, inflammatory breast cancer, has no lumps and often no symptoms. It grows in sheets. I had no symptoms that would have caused me to think I had cancer. All women over 50 have microcalcifications in their breasts that look like grains of salt. When reading my mammogram a perceptive radiologist saw a few of them grouped together which he said could be something or nothing. He said I could come back in 3 months for another mammogram or have a biopsy. I chose the biopsy which was a good choice as this cancer doubles its size every 3 months. I give you these details to encourage each of you to get your yearly mammogram. It can save your life.

pcbatiks
February 11th, 2014, 02:56 PM
That is great news!! So happy for you.......God is good!

SallyO'Sews
February 11th, 2014, 02:56 PM
Rejoicing and praising God with you!! :icon_happy:
Blessings ~ Sally \0/

Genny
February 11th, 2014, 03:13 PM
This is very off topic, but I wanted to share my good news. I was diagnosed a year ago with the most aggressive breast cancer. Yesterday I had my one-year checkup and was declared cancer free! I give God the glory. I serve a mighty God.

This particular cancer, inflammatory breast cancer, has no lumps and often no symptoms. It grows in sheets. I had no symptoms that would have caused me to think I had cancer. All women over 50 have microcalcifications in their breasts that look like grains of salt. When reading my mammogram a perceptive radiologist saw a few of them grouped together which he said could be something or nothing. He said I could come back in 3 months for another mammogram or have a biopsy. I chose the biopsy which was a good choice as this cancer doubles its size every 3 months. I give you these details to encourage each of you to get your yearly mammogram. It can save your life.

I'm so happy to hear you are cancer free!

MRoy
February 11th, 2014, 03:38 PM
That's wonderful news!

GinnyKNC
February 11th, 2014, 03:56 PM
Wonderful News!

Jean Sewing Machine
February 11th, 2014, 03:57 PM
So happy to hear your good news!

Iris Girl
February 11th, 2014, 03:59 PM
Wonderful News!

Sew Perfect
February 11th, 2014, 04:01 PM
Such good news...thank you for sharing!

Bubby
February 11th, 2014, 04:23 PM
I'm rejoicing with you...yes, we do serve a mighty God! I faithfully get a mammogram every October.

Monique
February 11th, 2014, 04:31 PM
Blessings indeed. A reason to celebrate.

HandsOffItsMine
February 11th, 2014, 04:55 PM
A blessing indeed! I'm glad that you shared your good news as well. There are quite a few of us who are/have battled that bad monster "BC" and we need to encourage everyone to get those annual check ups.

Prayers to those sisters who are waiting for answers and those who are battling the beast - know that we are here for you!

Huggers, Ruby

grannyann
February 11th, 2014, 05:10 PM
So happy for you. Congrats.

Loonwatcher
February 11th, 2014, 05:29 PM
Great news! Hip hip hooray!

Learner quilter
February 11th, 2014, 05:29 PM
I had a Mammogram appointment for the beginning of January, I cancelled it as I was working. 2 ladies here have posted about mammograms recently, I think someone up above is reminding me to call for another appointment. Time to look out the phone number.

Madeforyouinma11
February 11th, 2014, 05:48 PM
That's wonderful news! I'm so happy for you. I need to call for my appointment..I go in March every year.

Preeti
February 11th, 2014, 06:22 PM
great news indeed! so happy for you.

PeggyM
February 11th, 2014, 08:29 PM
That is great news! You must feel so relieved.

easyquilts
February 11th, 2014, 09:02 PM
I know about IBC, from hanging out on the Breastcancer.org forum, which came highly recommended to me. It was a great help when I had DCIS.

You really are lucky.... Very lucky... IBC is mean.... I 'm so happy for you.... Congratulations on dancing with NED (no evidence of cancer).

ozziepuppy
February 11th, 2014, 09:24 PM
That is wonderful! And a good reminder to those of us who are "overdue" for mammograms!

Auntpiggylpn
February 11th, 2014, 09:25 PM
WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!!

ilive2craft2
February 11th, 2014, 09:41 PM
What wonderful news! A couple of friends and a cousin of mine have all been treated for bc and I now faithfully get my mammogram every year. I used to put it off, but it just takes a few minutes.

turena65
February 11th, 2014, 10:54 PM
What a miracle... so happy you received a clean bill of health! :)

Mpyles
February 11th, 2014, 10:59 PM
Patty,

So good to hear! My sister was diagnosed with inflammatory breast cancer just after her 39 th birthday. Sadly, though she fought a heck of a fight she passed away just a few months before her 43rd. I am so happy to hear you are winning your fight, thank you for making everyone aware!!

AuntieVic
February 11th, 2014, 10:59 PM
Yes that is great news. I always go for my mammogram, but have never heard that advice. Thanks to you I will not forget if I ever get asked if I want to wait for 3 months, or have a biopsy.

stationarymom
February 12th, 2014, 04:30 AM
Congratulations! on being cancer free.