PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday is always a good day to smile

Blondie
February 11th, 2014, 07:51 AM

Hello Folksies!

It's Tuesday. All. Day. Long.

Ever wake up and feel like it's gonna be one of those days? My Dad used to say, I can feel it coming on, baby. Either way, I woke up this morning with a feeling of everything is gonna get screwed up today. Most likely because Luscious got up way before me for a change, he had the news on loud enough so he could hear it in the bathroom and all I could hear was snow, ice and more. Like, leave me alone and let me sleep! Where's my coffee? Don't speak to me yet. While I wanted to say all of the previous. I merely eased into my fuzzy slippers and scuffed down the hall, trying to remember what I did with a big wad of binding.

Since it seems that we are in for more weather sometime today, tonite or whenever it arrives, I want to be ready for some serious hand stitching in case the power goes out. Our last bout gave us on The Hill about 4 inches and it was gone in about 4 days. This storm has been predicted to give us between 6-8 inches with ice. I am hoping to be prepared. As if my mind works that way. Trust me, it doesn't always work in anyway. I mean, if my main consideration is to find binding so that I can be ready to stitch through possible days without electricity, what is wrong with me? lol.

Prayers, blessings and smiles to each one here. Extra for those in need. Now it's your turn. So smile already!

EnumclawGramma
February 11th, 2014, 08:23 AM
Morning Blondie! I've been sitting here for an hour waiting for you.....what took ya so long? I've decided that when I wake up at this hour, rather than lay there and try to fall back to sleep, tell myself that 5 or 6 hours is enough, don't fight it and get up and be happy! So here I am!

Doggies just came in from their morning outing with rain on em'. That's my weather forecast. The snow is gone, makes me happy! I hope that's it for this year but I have my doubts. It's been such a mild Winter for us compared to what everyone else has been getting.

I turned all my volunteer paperwork in to the hospital yesterday and by the afternoon got a call to come in and get my uniform and intake stuff. It took the volunteer coordinator all of 2 hours to do my background check??? Am I that boring? Or do they just really need volunteers? At any rate, I go in Thursday. They have to do blood work to make sure I have enough chicken pox immunities in me. How weird. But ok. I will be working in the gift shop for starters.

I am hoping today is the day to get back into my sewing room. I got a lot done yesterday so I can do it with a clear conscience. We'll see how this plan works.

Off to get it going. Have a wonderful Tuesday, smile and give random hugs. Cuz it feels good! Prayers and hugs all 'round if you want/need!

MayinJerset
February 11th, 2014, 08:29 AM
I plan to 68090 because it isn't snowing today and some snow on the icy walks melted with yesterday's sunny afternoon.. I'm sure the snow heading Blondie's way will soon be visiting us so I'm plan to enjoy today to the fullest. BFF is coming over today with lunch, we've cancelled my Bday lunch so many times because of snow and/or icy conditions that she decided to bring lunch here, She can pull in our driveway and it is a short dry path to our front door.

Need coffee and I have to make it myself as DH is sleeping soundly. Also need to check the crock pot of butternut squash soup I started around midnight, it was to cook on Low for 7 hrs and should be about done by now. I'll be back as soon as I have my wake up coffee.

Carol336
February 11th, 2014, 08:30 AM
Good morning Blondie...hope by now you've had some coffee and are feeling better about facing the day.
The white stuff is supposed to hit us tomorrow evening and into Thursday.....ugh!!! My big thing to do in a snow storm is make soup....so gotta make sure I have everything on hand to start a pot simmering the minute I see that first flake.

Somehow I threw my back out yesterday.....can hardly move, and sitting makes it worse, so sewing is probably not on my agenda for a couple of days. I could do some cutting though - get ready for the sewing part - yes that sounds like a plan.

Have a lovely day everyone.

Carol336
February 11th, 2014, 08:32 AM
Good morning Blondie...hope by now you've had some coffee and are feeling better about facing the day.
The white stuff is supposed to hit us tomorrow evening and into Thursday.....ugh!!! My big thing to do in a snow storm is make soup....so gotta make sure I have everything on hand to start a pot simmering the minute I see that first flake.

Somehow I threw my back out yesterday.....can hardly move, and sitting makes it worse, so sewing is probably not on my agenda for a couple of days. I could do some cutting though - get ready for the sewing part - yes that sounds like a plan.

Have a lovely day everyone.

wow - as I was writing this....2 more people posted. Good morning everyone!!!!

Monique
February 11th, 2014, 08:57 AM
Good morning everyone.

Blondie, I pray that you don't get the ice. That just makes things very nasty. We are expecting a little snow on Friday, maybe leftovers from your storm.

I worked on the square in a square quilt yesterday. I ended up buying some yardage from Fabric Shack (shipping is not bad to Canada) to make borders. When I started making this quilt I had two of each charm packs and jelly rolls. Now that I have the first one done, I was checking out the second batch and low and behold, the squares got mixed up somehow. Someone was coordinating squares and it seems she took out from one pile to put in the other pile. Well now it just doesn't match up. I know I am not making much sense here, but trust me, she did screw it up. I have to rethink that second pile.

That is what I will be doing today while I await my parcel. I hope it comes quickly.

Hubby will be off to work in a while. YAH!! I had forgotten what it was like to have the whole day to myself.

Have a wonderful day friends.

Bubby
February 11th, 2014, 09:02 AM
Morning Everyone,

Blondie, enjoy your day. There's no way to prepare for ice except to decide to stay indoors. Our weather is bitter cold but it is supposed to warm up as the week progresses. There's a possibility of 50 degrees or so on the weekend.

Carol, sorry to hear about your back. Jeff did that last week hanging up his robe. When you have back issues it takes nothing significant to mess it up.

I plan to go back to bed after Jeff leaves for work. I still have the bug I've had for two weeks or so and it seems to be getting worse. Jeff has tomorrow off for some presidential holiday and then he works Thursday and Friday and has the weekend and Monday off for another holiday. I know he's going to bug me to sew his Double Slice quilt blocks together so I can get it to Reggie. I have to figure out what to do for borders and backing.

Did you all see Sandy's great grandson!! He's so adorable!

Wishing everyone a safe and warm day. May enjoy your belated birthday lunch. Hugs....

CrazyMtnLady
February 11th, 2014, 09:11 AM
Good Morning everyone... did not want to wake up this morning.. It is way to cold to get out from under my covers. Have a nasty head cold that has had me down for a few days. Feeling light headed...well more than normal...LOL.. and just achy all over. But can't put it off any longer.. cats are out of food and eating the dog food...but sometimes I think they like that better than their own. LOL and need some food in the house. So a trip to town is in order later today. :(

Hope everyone is doing well.. haven't been on much.. So prayers go out to all in need. I think of you all often.

Have a great day.

EnumclawGramma
February 11th, 2014, 09:21 AM
My smile contribution for the morning:

aliaslaceygreen
February 11th, 2014, 09:22 AM
REALLY want the snow. Everyone but us got it this year. Even VA Beach got triple the amt we got! I have some photos I REALLY want to take, that require snow... and I could use a snow day. ...although I know just about everyone else is against the idea!
Have to really declutter this studio, and not leave spaces for Tatiana to crawl into... she is getting just a little silly with the hiding on the back of shelves...knocking things down as she goes at least, so I can locate her, but...

Iris Girl
February 11th, 2014, 09:24 AM
Morning All! Have to work today and tomorrow is class I have a new comer for class tomorrow, always fun when new people come!Then weds night into thursday looks like a snow day for me as my son just said 12 to 18 inches of this blasted white stuff. Spring oh spring where are thou?. working on my courthouse steps lap quilt as it is tomorrows class, just need to quilt 3 more blocks and bind. Then I think I will put it in a box for PICU will be great for an older child as its all scrappy. hope everyone stays warm and dry . Hugs to those that need and want them.

bhaggerty
February 11th, 2014, 09:25 AM
Hope you all stay warm! It has been bad weather here as well, but nowhere near what you guys are experiencing. Cold and rainy, but at least no ice!
Busy with kids, so no time to sew much around here! Do not have to go to work tomorrow, so maybe a little time to get into my sewing room then!
Have a great day all!

EmmaB
February 11th, 2014, 09:40 AM
Good morning!!!

I hope the ice stays away Blondie. Snow is one thing but ice is a whole other ballgame! I'd say you are a true quilter if you're main concern is your binding! LOL Be sure to have enough cookies or whatever snack you like to go along with it! Most of the time, snacks are my main concern.

I got a workout last night getting my trashcan pulled to the front of the house. Tuesday is trash day. First of all, it was frozen to the ground. I had to do a football player hit to the side to get it unstuck. Then I had to pull it through the snow. I had one of the girls outside with me and she made the whole thing worthwhile. I think she thought the trash can was a monster trying to get her or something and she kept barking at it.

I think it was bubby that reminded me of the 3-day weekend coming up! I knew this but forgot that I knew it, hee hee. This reminder just totally made my day!!

Stay safe and healthy today good people!!

buckeyequilter
February 11th, 2014, 10:05 AM
Good morning....

DH made me smile this morning. I told him that I found a quilt shop, about an hours drive, that I want to go to. Well he was ok with it....then he showed me a couple of nights ago a gun/antique shop near the quilt shop. So this morning he said - we're only supposed to get an inch of snow maybe we can go over there this week-end......ummm....it was we'll go when the weather gets warmer....now he wants to go!!! He used my birthday as an excuse *haha* and since he wanted to do that well........I might just find something over there for my birthday!

For those of you wanting snow..we have snow piled on snow here. I have a nasty case of cabin fever....so it might be good to try to get out and go somewhere this week-end. Every week-end since Christmas has been snowy or bone chilling cold. Usually Wed. & Thurs. are nice days....but by Friday that's over with.

I have to send one of the Berenstain Bears quilts out today and brought it to work to do so....well my co-workers were impressed because this is the first time they have seen one of my quilts. A couple of them asked how long it took to make....ummm not too long, a few hours. They couldn't believe I could do a quilt in a few hours....I didn't tell them the charms were already cut - they didn't ask and I didn't tell.

Well time to get busy...am finally getting caught up! The holidays, weather days and funeral day really put me behind here at work. Have a great day! Prayers and hugs

Mpyles
February 11th, 2014, 10:10 AM
Good morning everyone! Had a horrible nights sleep last night...unusual for me as I sleep like a log. Wok up around 1... Dd had text me that she was at the er with her friends around 12:50...so that must have been it....that and the dog laying on me as when I awoke I was hot! Went back to bed and really woke up with the nasties this morning. You all are helping me to shake them off! We have a chilly day in store here but a warm up on the way. Next week we have forecasts in the 60s. Yeahhhhhhh! I don't need the weatherman to know this is one if the worst winters we have had in decades. Off to another location again today..yesterday I spent four hours entering one stores purchases into a spread sheet...today I will do another stores so I can get a comparison on what they are ordering...to see if their costs are in that. Usually when costs go up someone is stealing...but I haven't found anything yet... By the time I got done with the first store I was cross eyed.
Last night I did go to club as all the snow we got melted off the streets. I am starting a BOM of jo Morton's Prairie Rose, also a challenge project using a certain scrap of her fabric. We are going to do a display with those for the quilt show this fall. We are also going to learn needle turn appliqué...anyone know how?....I sure don't. But really excited to learn the method...as I suck at appliqué! Would really like to be able to do it so I can expand my abilities and possibilities!

Blondie thanks for the smile! The rest of you sweet ladies have a great day!!

Jean Sewing Machine
February 11th, 2014, 10:13 AM
Good morning all! The ice sure does make people crazy, this winter stuff can quit any time soon! My daughter who moved to Atlanta this past fall is bracing for another go round by working from home. Hope her DH could do the same, he was the one that was 9 hours on the road last month getting home. Yuck!

My friend and sewing buddy was still working on a big project, and today is the drop dead deadline. She still had a few things that needed to be done. She likes to work at my house because it is quiet, there's room to cut and lay out, and I have sergers! So she has been here most days, or at least part of days for weeks working on her project, a high school production of The Music Man. I made one set of outfits for the show for her, then got going on my quilt for my project. I'm finished with mine but she isn't finished with hers! The other day, she got the bad news that the 4 striped men's jackets she bought for her Lida Rose Quartet weren't coming, the Ebay seller had sold them out before she ordered, although the seller took her money for them. She wasn't notified about it, so she has to deal with getting her money back, plus she had to create something for the quartet to wear! We used curtain fabric from her daughter's room, and made vests! Did it sweatshop style, piece work, and they turned out so darling! I think they might be useful for our show this summer, The Wiz, since they are green plaid, and we are dressing all in green!

I was feeling kind of crummy yesterday from a little cold, so after I finished her vests, I was done for the day! Got lots of sleep and feel better today.

I hope to deliver my quilt today, and get to work on the other one for my client. I have 5 rows of my Xs and Os quilt done, need to do the other 10. They go together quickly, so I should be able to get them done this morning, before my energy leaves me!

Hope you have a great day! Sandy's little grandson Ezra is so precious, so glad he is here safely, even if it took him a while to make his entrance to the world! Good luck to those in the way of Mother Nature's temper tantrum, don't fool with Mother Nature! It's not nice! (remember that ad in the 70s?)

Granny Judy
February 11th, 2014, 10:15 AM
Morning, All. 68092

Click on image to enlarge..

shermur
February 11th, 2014, 10:25 AM
REALLY want the snow. Everyone but us got it this year. Even VA Beach got triple the amt we got! I have some photos I REALLY want to take, that require snow... and I could use a snow day. ...although I know just about everyone else is against the idea!
Have to really declutter this studio, and not leave spaces for Tatiana to crawl into... she is getting just a little silly with the hiding on the back of shelves...knocking things down as she goes at least, so I can locate her, but...

Trish, I would ever be so happy if you would take what Kansas City has gotten over the past 10 days...snowmageden!!!! Bitter cold temps here! So much I could be doing at home...we're hoping to hear from Hubby's company about the move to Arkansas this week....I gets anxious not knowing what is to come.
And RIP to Shirley Temple...wonderful woman!

dwil23
February 11th, 2014, 10:44 AM
Good Morning, all!

Don't hate me - it's 59 degrees and the sun is shining brightly this morning. That will change tomorrow, I understand. Just dropped by before getting into bed. I got very little sleep yesterday and could hardly stay awake all night. First, I am going to have a heart to heart with a certain pit bull I know. I must explain to her that I am the one who brings home the bacon around here and it's really not fair that I only get about an 8" x 42" space to hang on the bed while she stretches out and makes herself comfortable. Throw in my Chihuahua, dachshund and Roo on my pillow, it doesn't make for a very restful sleep.

Got to get early to pick up my little Tasmanian Devil dachshund-JRT mix from the vet. She is getting a dental, but the real reason I took her is she must be under anesthesia to trim her toenails and they were so long she was starting to have trouble walking.

(((HUGS))) and prayers to everyone who needs them and please stay safe and warm if you are in the path of this next round from Old Man Winter.

HandsOffItsMine
February 11th, 2014, 10:53 AM
SNOW in ATLANTA...Big ol' flakes here in Dallas/Acworth, Zander has no school, Matt is telecommuting today and tomorrow at least.

Don worked 11 hours yesterday at Enterprise bringing in cars from outer areas, prepping for the need of rental cars from insurance company call ins.

Got a great deal on a L-Shape desk on the Daily Deal,50% Off with a 20 Minute Make A Decision - Extra18% Off on Sunday. $120 ended up being $49.19 with Free Delivery! Did this after 4PM EST and it was delivered today at 8:16 AM EST! Yea Staples!

Now to figure out if I can live with the faux wood color or if I need to whip up my satin texture chalk paint to match my studio décor. Would need to paint the wood table tops before assembly as they slide into the table/leg components.

Matt found me a great site to hold the Online Fundraiser Auction - I can customize the page to make it look like CEGB's FB and future web site, folks can bid up to the last minute, even off their mobile devices. I don't have to buy an annual subscription and they only have one flat percentage fee per item! :)

Some of items being donated are coming in or photos have been sent before they are being shipped...OMG folks are so talented and generous!

Amazing! Is all I can say!!!

Folks please be save out there...

Huggers, Ruby

dizzyLiz
February 11th, 2014, 11:15 AM
Well I'm about to go to work and we have a major storm coming. Already a inch on the ground and snowing to beat the band. Tomorrow is going to be ICE. My step mother is in the hospital and Dad had to go to the ER...he has the flu. Someone has to stay with him as he is on oxygen. We have enough tanks to last 60 hours if the power goes out. Understand here in the south snow is bad enough, ice shuts everything down. We simply don't have equipment to deal with it. Pray for my family.

MRoy
February 11th, 2014, 12:55 PM
Good morning! I think all the ice and snow is going to miss us this time. I sure hope so! It's cold as whiz here, but the sunshine is bright for the first time in days. I've been needing me some sunshine.

I went to the local Dollar General Store yesterday with a coupon on my phone for 50% off on housewares, including rugs. I wanted a larger rug in front of the studio door for wiping feet and thought I'd get new throw rugs for the kitchen too while they were on special. Got to the checkout and the coupon code wouldn't work...I came home, printed out a 50% off coupon from the DGS website that listed "rugs" and went back to the store (it's only a few miles from home). That coupon wouldn't work either but the manager gave me 50% off because the coupon had rugs listed on it. Saved me $30! It pays to be persistent.

Have a good Tuesday everyone! Enjoy the sunshine if you have it and stay safe if you have bad weather.

Simply Quilting
February 11th, 2014, 03:00 PM
Good Morning. Chiming in a little late in the morning. I've found it is best at times to get somethings done before hopping on here. I've got chicken pot pie in the oven that I made from scratch. I've not made one of them in a long time and got hungry for one after seeing an ad for a Banquet one.

It is still cold today but warmer than it has been and suppose to start a warm up tread. Looks like I will be able to get some windows open to air out the house. Love to be able to have fresh air in the house.

Plans for today include ripping out 3 sets of white on the stripes of jelly roll. The only thing I don't like working with white solid is the which side is the front side. I'm looking forward to ironing, cutting, and sewing the blocks together.

Have a great day and stay safe for those who are dealing with snow and ice. :)