PDA

View Full Version : Prayer List - possible?

Lilly
February 11th, 2014, 12:28 AM
I know we all pray differently but I am getting a little lost trying to remember every person I'm wanting to pray for from the forum. It would help me so much to have a thread or something where after we get the request thread we could add the person to a permanent list that we could all refer to. Do you all think that is possible? Just thinking out loud here.

GinnyKNC
February 11th, 2014, 12:42 AM
I think this is a great idea.

Rhealene
February 11th, 2014, 12:50 AM
I like this idea also...

K. McEuen
February 11th, 2014, 01:09 AM
At one time there was a group for this. Arguments got started in the group and the leader closed it down.

Simply Quilting
February 11th, 2014, 01:50 AM
Lilly, I like the idea as well. If it is not a possibility of opening back up a prayer group, one idea is what I do at times is to keep a notebook near the computer to write down prayer requests.

Hulamoon
February 11th, 2014, 02:00 AM
How can arguments get started in a prayer group? That's very strange.

Kgrammiecaz
February 11th, 2014, 02:16 AM
I agree. Blessing can only come from a positive nature

kensington
February 11th, 2014, 02:21 AM
At one time there was a group for this. Arguments got started in the group and the leader closed it down.

Oh, that's nice.

Madeforyouinma11
February 11th, 2014, 02:35 AM
How can arguments get started in a prayer group? That's very strange.

I was thinking the same thing! How crazy....I knew there was a group and then noticed it gone but I had no idea that was the reason.

tdimitrov77
February 11th, 2014, 04:24 AM
At one time I thought....how can arguments get started in a quilting forum.....still pondering that one....but I think that a prayer list would be a great thing. It's really sad that something so good can be the breeding grounds for ill will and contempt. I think that Patience and understanding should be on the top of this list if made again.

HandsOffItsMine
February 11th, 2014, 08:52 AM
Wonderful idea. A specific open-ended thread or group setup, not sure what is easiest.

Lilly
February 11th, 2014, 12:35 PM
I think I can understand where the dissention could start. We have only to look at the history of Christianity to see good examples. Maybe we should just have a list of names - and people can link themselves to the the threads that are asking for the prayer. Then we can all pray as we want - and send our thoughts, prayers, good wishes or whatever -back to the thread. I'd like to see this be a positive experience for all of us. I would never want to offend anyone and I know how easily that happens. So I'm thinking just a list. But I'm a newbie so I'm hoping the Wise Oldies :) will chime in here.