PDA

View Full Version : My Awesome Weekend

Simply Quilting
February 10th, 2014, 10:54 PM
This weekend , my husband and I celebrated our 17th Anniversary by renewing our wedding vows. It was a very private affair with our three children, the pastor, and a friend to take pictures.

The other neat part was I got a new wedding ring set. The first set had became too small many years ago so I just wore a gold band. Last summer, my husband decided to get me a new set. We had a custom set made this fall/winter. He proposed again to me on Jan 26 and we renewed our vows on Saturday exactly 17 years after we got married.68071

After the ceremony, we went out to eat. Shortly there after, he had to head to work for the night. Just like when we got married the first time - no honeymoon. The first time, we got married on a Saturday, opened gifts with family on Sunday then back to college and jobs on Monday. We are planning to do a family vacation later on this winter.

On Sunday, he took the children to see the Lego Movie. This gave me some time to myself to work on quilting. I was able to get more strips sewn for the Irish Chain Quilt for our bed. :)

buckeyequilter
February 10th, 2014, 11:02 PM
Congratulations on 17 years and renewing your vows.

Cathy F
February 10th, 2014, 11:03 PM
Congratulations, and Happy Anniversary!

PeggyM
February 10th, 2014, 11:16 PM
Happy Anniversary, and best wishes for many more!

ilive2craft2
February 10th, 2014, 11:18 PM
How sweet is that? Happy Anniversary!

Mimis-quilts
February 10th, 2014, 11:19 PM
Happy Anniversary to you both! Congrats! And your new ring is beautiful!

Kgrammiecaz
February 10th, 2014, 11:33 PM
Awwww. How wonderful. Congrats to you both. How blessed you are, 17 years. Heres to many manymore to come

MayinJerset
February 11th, 2014, 08:06 AM
What a wonderful weekend for you and your family, do did something really special.

Iris Girl
February 11th, 2014, 08:09 AM
Congratulations, and Happy Anniversary!

Jean Sewing Machine
February 11th, 2014, 08:09 AM
Congratulations! Your wedding ring set is just beautful!

Amber
February 11th, 2014, 08:33 AM
Love the bling, but more impressive is the 17 years. Long marriages are not so easy in this day and age.

Bubby
February 11th, 2014, 08:49 AM
Congrtulations on 17 years of marriage and you vow renewal. Your new ring is lovely!!

SallyO'Sews
February 11th, 2014, 03:08 PM
Congratulations, and best wishes for many happy years to come.
Blessings, ~ Sally \0/

stationarymom
February 12th, 2014, 04:39 AM
Congratulations and Happy Anniversary. make sure to hang on to him he sounds like a real winner.

redcaboose1717
February 12th, 2014, 07:56 AM
My DH Terry said on our wedding day to my parents and his parents and our families at the reception that he wanted to re-do our vows every 5 yrs......
So, for the next 28.5 yrs we did just that. We would exchange our vows at church with our families and children, and we would take the immediate family out to dinner, and then we went to the Hotel where we originally spent out wedding night......the next day, we came home, and then took the kids back with us for the second night. ( we always purchased a week-end package the hotel offered )
We had planned on going to Germany ( where we lived as a new married couple while my DH Terry was in the service, stationed over there ) for our 30th anniversary.....but Terry died 11-01-02......after almost 28.5 yrs of an awesome marriage.
All of my gal friends were a little in awe that my DH Terry would even suggest that we re-exchange vows that often .....Terry was a hopeless romantic, and I cherish those memories from each and every time we re-exchanged those vows.
Our fairy-tale life was cut short.....Terry suffered from uncontrolled seizures....and one day he had a difficult seizure and we were had the unfortunate problem of being seen by a ER Dr. that didn't believe that Terry's seizures were as bad as they were....( he wouldn't listen to a word I said, never mind the fact that a couple of the nurses knew me ( we when to nursing school together ) and tried to tell the Dr. he was wrong.) So, my fairy tale ended the day my DH passed away.......

Over the years, we found out that there's a certain percentage of people who suffer from seizures that the medication they take doesn't work well after 2-3 yrs. This was the problem Terry often faced. He was scheduled for an appt. to start new meds when he passed away.

Congratulations !!! Your rings are really pretty.....in fact, I forgot to mention that Terry got me a new (bigger ) diamond for our 12th anniversary. He kept it a secret, only letting my dad "know" what he was doing ( he had to have help due to the fact he didn't drive, and my dad would take him to make the "layaway' payments on the new ring ! My Dad & Mom purchased a new wedding band unbeknownst to Terry for him as well. ) The reason we did the exchange on the 12 th anniversary was that Terry had been seriously ill 6 months prior, and he wondered at that time if his life would be cut short.....so, we re-did the vows on our 12th and 15th anniversary ( we had a small party on our 15th & 25 th anniversaries )

Thanks for letting me go back to those wonderful memories once more.......Congrats !

MRoy
February 12th, 2014, 08:06 AM
Happy Anniversary and Congratulations! Your rings are lovely.