PDA

View Full Version : What is your "guilty pleasure" shows on TV?

soul60s
February 10th, 2014, 06:00 PM
We all have our favorite shows but not all shows that are our favorite are always the most popular. So what are yours, popular or not, past or present?

Mine are:

The Walking Dead
Being Human
Bitten
The Originals
The Tomorrow People
The Big Bang Theory

and my all-time favorite from the past that I STILL watch and laugh at is..... Gilligan's Island!

What are yours? Fess up! :icon_popcorn:

Amber
February 10th, 2014, 06:03 PM
Downton Abbey
The Goldbergs
NCIS
Almost Human
Big Bang Theory

soul60s
February 10th, 2014, 06:10 PM
Downton Abbey
The Goldbergs
NCIS
Almost Human
Big Bang Theory

I've been wanting to see Almost Human just haven't gotten around to it. I think it is on a night that one of my other shows is on. When is it on?

Lilly
February 10th, 2014, 06:13 PM
I watch all the bride shows on Friday; Friday=bride day. And House Hunters International and The Brothers that remodel and Cousins undercover.

Bubby
February 10th, 2014, 06:14 PM
My faves are Downton Abbey (sigh!) and Big Bank Theory.

soul60s
February 10th, 2014, 06:21 PM
I watch all the bride shows on Friday; Friday=bride day. And House Hunters International and The Brothers that remodel and Cousins undercover.

I am a DIY network and HGTV fanatic myself. Love Rehab Addict, Renovation Realities (we can relate to that one!), Property Brothers and a bunch more.

Auntpiggylpn
February 10th, 2014, 06:21 PM
Big Bang Theory
Mike & Molly
2 Broke Girls
Ink Master
Best Ink
Amazing Race
Roseanne
Will & Grace
and the ones I am most ashamed of admitting, which really makes them "Guilty Pleasures" are the court shows: Judge Mathis, Judge Judy, Peoples Court etc (hanging my head in shame)!!!

However, we rarely watch TV shows in real time. We DVR all of our shows and watch when we can. I get really aggravated when I am watching a show in real time because I can't fast forward thru the commercials!!!

GinnyKNC
February 10th, 2014, 06:23 PM
NCIS - I just can't get enough of Mark Harmon! I swear the older he gets the better looking he gets.
Blue Bloods
Boston's Finest

Dexter use to be my real guilty pleasure but it ended last season.

I don't have a lot of time for TV so I have to watch what I can now :(

Pandabear
I have too many to name. I watch a ton of tv, especially when I sew. I'm a crime drama junkie.

Criminal Minds (my favorite.)
Agents of Shield
Persons of Interest
Elementary
The Following
NCIS & NCIS:LA
Almost Human
Rizzoli and Isles
Blacklist - love James Spader. Dislike the woman agent

The supernatural stuff
Supernatural
Sleepy Hollow
Lost Girl
Ghost Hunters
Bitten - not a fan. Read the first two books so the show is not doing it for me

My only 'reality'
Project Runway
Face Off

There are a couple comedy's thrown in there, but not many.
Big Bang Theory
Sean Saves the World
Dads
Brooklyn Nine-Nine

British shows(some maybe be old and no longer on, but I get them through Hulu)
Sherlock
Midsomer Murders
Luther
The Body Farm
The Thorn Mysteries

The one show I will always watch, no matter what, is Scooby Doo.

bubba
Anything on HGTV;
Survivor;
Amazing Race;
Bachelor/Bachlorette;
Revenge;
Blue Bloods;
CSI's/NCIS on Tuesday nights;
oh! and Shark Tank and Undercover Boss!

Just rememberer -
The Middle,
Whatever show has Tim Allen on Fridays,
and the one w/Sophia Vegara.......(I'm not big on tv show names!)

And my old timer shows -
Golden Girls
I Love Lucy and
Little House on the Prairie!!!

sewbizzy
Downton Abbey
Face Off
American Pickers
Duck Dynasty
Game of Thrones
and I still enjoy reruns of Seinfeld

soul60s
February 10th, 2014, 06:25 PM
Big Bang Theory
Mike & Molly
2 Broke Girls
Ink Master
Best Ink
Amazing Race
Roseanne
Will & Grace
and the ones I am most ashamed of admitting, which really makes them "Guilty Pleasures" are the court shows: Judge Mathis, Judge Judy, Peoples Court etc (hanging my head in shame)!!!

However, we rarely watch TV shows in real time. We DVR all of our shows and watch when we can. I get really aggravated when I am watching a show in real time because I can't fast forward thru the commercials!!!

I DVR a bunch too because hubby works at night and misses them all in real time. The beauty of DVRing is fast forwarding. I laughed at your comment about being ashamed. LOL No judging here (pun intended) :icon_rofl: I have been known to watch a few of them too.

soul60s
February 10th, 2014, 06:26 PM
NCIS - I just can't get enough of Mark Harmon! I swear the older he gets the better looking he gets.
Blue Bloods
Boston's Finest

Dexter use to be my real guilty pleasure but it ended last season.

I don't have a lot of time for TV so I have to watch what I can now :(

Dexter was one of mine too. I forgot about that. Oh yeah, 24 also. It's coming back on!

soul60s
February 10th, 2014, 06:28 PM
Downton Abbey
Face Off
American Pickers
Duck Dynasty
Game of Thrones
and I still enjoy reruns of Seinfeld

See now that I am reading all of these responses, I have so many more.... Game of Thrones!!! April 6th.

Madeforyouinma11
February 10th, 2014, 06:35 PM
Oh man! I have so many! I DVR a lot and then I have Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime too!
Downton Abbey
Arrow- Love!
Betrayal
Blacklist
American Horror
Revenge
Sleepy Hollow
Revolution
CSI- NCIS-Criminal Minds
Greys Anatomy
Sherlock
Midsommer Murders
Whitechapel
Big Bang Theory- love Sheldon
Game of Thrones
Banchee
Walking Dead
All of the Project Runways
All of the Master Chefs - love the new junior version
Lifetime Movies
Orange is the New Black
Man, I could go on and on. I find new shows and watch all the seasons straight through and then look for more.
Oh, and I loved Dexter and can't wait for 24 to come back.

soul60s
February 10th, 2014, 06:37 PM
I have too many to name. I watch a ton of tv, especially when I sew. I'm a crime drama junkie.

Criminal Minds (my favorite.)
Agents of Shield
Persons of Interest
Elementary
The Following
NCIS & NCIS:LA
Almost Human
Rizzoli and Isles
Blacklist - love James Spader. Dislike the woman agent

The supernatural stuff
Supernatural
Sleepy Hollow
Lost Girl
Ghost Hunters
Bitten - not a fan. Read the first two books so the show is not doing it for me

My only 'reality'
Project Runway
Face Off

There are a couple comedy's thrown in there, but not many.
Big Bang Theory
Sean Saves the World
Dads
Brooklyn Nine-Nine

British shows(some maybe be old and no longer on, but I get them through Hulu)
Sherlock
Midsomer Murders
Luther
The Body Farm
The Thorn Mysteries

The one show I will always watch, no matter what, is Scooby Doo.

Scooby Doo! LOL..... Love it. Bugs Bunny, another fav of mine. I am a child of the 60's & 70's. Oh yeah....my other shameful guilty pleasure.... The Monkees and Lancelot Link, Secret Chimp (no relation to the Monkees, LOLOL)

soul60s
February 10th, 2014, 06:40 PM
Oh man! I have so many! I DVR a lot and then I have Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime too!
Downton Abbey
Arrow- Love!
Betrayal
CSI- NCIS-Criminal Minds
Greys Anatomy
Sherlock
Midsommer Murders
Whitechapel
Big Bang Theory- love Sheldon
Game of Thrones
Banchee
Walking Dead
All of the Project Runways
All of the Master Chefs - love the new junior version
Lifetime Movies
Orange is the New Black
Man, I could go on and on. I find new shows and watch all the seasons straight through and then look for more.
Oh, and I loved Dexter and can't wait for 24 to come back.

I am thinking about canceling Cable and just getting Hulu and Netflix. I have Amazon Prime already. I am willing to pay for current episodes of Walking Dead and Game of Thrones but need to make sure I can get them. I know my son pays 1.99 per episode of The Walking Dead but Game of Thrones is HBO so I don't know if I can get those.

starlover
February 10th, 2014, 06:41 PM
I don't watch much anymore ~ but the ones I like now are NCIS, Elementary, and the Voice.
Other than that, I love to watch old movies and westerns. (Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Parent Trap, etc.) Not TV shows, but still entertainment on the TV.

soul60s
February 10th, 2014, 06:42 PM
I don't watch much anymore ~ but the ones I like now are NCIS, Elementary, and the Voice.
Other than that, I love to watch old movies and westerns. (Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Parent Trap, etc.) Not TV shows, but still entertainment on the TV.

I am a HUGE Clint Eastwood western fan! He was soooo hot!

Iris Girl
February 10th, 2014, 06:44 PM
wow I feel like the odd ball here. Not a tv watcher at all. I like chopped and cut throat kitchen when I can catch them. Sienfeld is ok, spongebob on occassion, sometimes big bang theory. But nothing on a regular basis. except chopped and cut throat kitchen. Rest I can take or leave.

soul60s
February 10th, 2014, 06:54 PM
wow I feel like the odd ball here. Not a tv watcher at all. I like chopped and cut throat kitchen when I can catch them. Sienfeld is ok, spongebob on occassion, sometimes big bang theory. But nothing on a regular basis. except chopped and cut throat kitchen. Rest I can take or leave.

I've never heard of chopped and cut throat kitchen.

bubba
February 10th, 2014, 06:56 PM
There is a new show coming out that I think I am reallllly going to like - Resurrection......can't wait for it to start!

MomGram
February 10th, 2014, 06:59 PM
I watch most of the ones already mentioned. But my guilty pleasure is all my teenage son and his friends fault...Teen Wolf. I walked in one day while they had it on and I had to go get the first season and watch it all in a day. Love it.

buckeyequilter
February 10th, 2014, 07:06 PM
OK....here goes. About the only time I have my TV on is when I'm in my sewing room. DH always has the main one on Fox.

Andy Griffith
Little House on the Prairie
The Waltons
Rosanne
Golden Girls
Judge Judy
Judge Joe Brown
Dharma & Greg (when I can find it)
Everbody Loves Raymond
Married With Children
Two and a Half Men

soul60s
February 10th, 2014, 07:17 PM
There is a new show coming out that I think I am reallllly going to like - Resurrection......can't wait for it to start!

What is it about? Reality, sci-fi, crime?

soul60s
February 10th, 2014, 07:20 PM
I watch most of the ones already mentioned. But my guilty pleasure is all my teenage son and his friends fault...Teen Wolf. I walked in one day while they had it on and I had to go get the first season and watch it all in a day. Love it.

That's hilarious! :icon_rofl:

soul60s
February 10th, 2014, 07:26 PM
OK....here goes. About the only time I have my TV on is when I'm in my sewing room. DH always has the main one on Fox.

Andy Griffith
The Waltons
Rosanne
Golden Girls
Judge Judy
Judge Joe Brown
Dharma & Greg (when I can find it)
Everbody Loves Raymond
Married With Children
Two and a Half Men

Now Shirley, I thought you traded him in for a sewing machine!!!! :icon_slap: There is another reason for trading! :icon_rofl:

I love Married with Children, 2 1/2 Men and Golden Girls (hilarious).

Genny
February 10th, 2014, 07:37 PM
Big Bang Theroy. And the one soap that I watch daily "Bold and Beautiful"

Iris Girl
February 10th, 2014, 07:58 PM
I've never heard of chopped and cut throat kitchen.

From the cooking channel

Nidan_07
February 10th, 2014, 08:03 PM
Good Question :

The newies would have to be (in no particular order)

Downton Abbey
Revenge
Homeland
Big Bang theory
There are more, but these are the must see ones.

The oldies:
H.R. Puffin Stuff
Bewitched
I dream of Jeanie
Keeping Up Appearances
Who's Line is it Anyway?
The Vicar of Dibley
Married with children...forgot about that one. DH's favourite
Love all the old time cartoons, too. Looney Toones, Road Runner, Wacky Races.....Warner Bros

There are more, but these are the ones that spring to mind. I have all series (except for who's line) on DVD, so can put them on in the sewing room whenever the mood takes me.
Lately, I find the more light hearted, the more I enjoy it.

Pandabear
February 10th, 2014, 08:17 PM
Scooby Doo! LOL..... Love it. Bugs Bunny, another fav of mine. I am a child of the 60's & 70's. Oh yeah....my other shameful guilty pleasure.... The Monkees and Lancelot Link, Secret Chimp (no relation to the Monkees, LOLOL)

There is no shame in the Monkees!! NO SHAME!

I love them. I have my 15 year old hooked. Next up...Laugh In.

I'm a child of the late 70s, 80s. I was totally born in the wrong era.

Pandabear
February 10th, 2014, 08:19 PM

I'm waiting for this one too. It has Kurtwood Smith (Red from That 70s Show).

MRoy
February 10th, 2014, 08:30 PM
Downton Abbey
Criminal Minds
Law and Order (every version)
NCIS
American Pickers
Chopped and Restaurant Impossible (I don't like to cook, but I like to watch the cooking channel :icon_beuj:)
Reruns of M.A.S.H, Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman, Touched by an Angel, Golden Girls
I'm also watching reruns of Dr. Phil on OWN since I retired. When I worked I didn't get to watch the show (no DVR).

soul60s
February 10th, 2014, 08:51 PM
There is no shame in the Monkees!! NO SHAME!

I love them. I have my 15 year old hooked. Next up...Laugh In.

I'm a child of the late 70s, 80s. I was totally born in the wrong era.

I have seen a few reruns of laugh-in and loved them. Funny how humor changes over the years.30 years from now and people are going to think of today's comedies as tame.

Ginny B
February 10th, 2014, 08:53 PM
Downton Abbey
Castle
Blue Bloods

Some PBS shows:
As Time Goes By
Keeping Up Appearance
The Vicar of Dibley
The Cafe
New Tricks

Oldies:
I Love Lucy
Everybody Loves Raymond (ok, that's not so very old)
The Waltons
Murder She Wrote

Those are mine. :)

soul60s
February 10th, 2014, 08:53 PM
Downton Abbey
Criminal Minds
Law and Order (every version)
NCIS
American Pickers
Chopped and Restaurant Impossible (I don't like to cook, but I like to watch the cooking channel :icon_beuj:)
Reruns of M.A.S.H, Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman, Touched by an Angel, Golden Girls
I'm also watching reruns of Dr. Phil on OWN since I retired. When I worked I didn't get to watch the show (no DVR).

I used to watch M*A*S*H all the time too.

CraftyBarb
February 10th, 2014, 08:56 PM
I have so many, but some of my most favorites are:
NCIS & NCIS LA
The Golden Girls
Fraiser
Mr Ed - I love this show, but it is not on that much
Flea Market Flip

Auntpiggylpn
February 10th, 2014, 08:59 PM
I DVR a bunch too because hubby works at night and misses them all in real time. The beauty of DVRing is fast forwarding. I laughed at your comment about being ashamed. LOL No judging here (pun intended) :icon_rofl: I have been known to watch a few of them too.

My other half is a 3rd shifter also! That's the main reason we got the DVR. We like to watch certain shows together so we save them for days off and then do a marathon!

soul60s
February 10th, 2014, 09:01 PM
My other half is a 3rd shifter also! That's the main reason we got the DVR. We like to watch certain shows together so we save them for days off and then do a marathon!

That is what we do. Another show I like a lot is Modern Family. That hasn't been mentioned here yet.

Karena1984
February 10th, 2014, 09:09 PM
Scandal
Nashville
The originals
Svu
Reign
Dracula
Haha I love sister wives!
I also watch a lot of bio and history channel!

auntiemern
February 10th, 2014, 09:31 PM
Criminal Minds
NCIS
NCIS LA
The Law and Order Group
Many of the older shows.
NYPD Blue was one of my favorites.

But my most guilty pleasure is show that not one single person here has mentioned, lol. Sons of Anarchy. I watch that one alone, when no kids or DH are around. DH does not like it, and way to graphic for the kiddo's. It even has a MA warning after every commercial, before it starts again. I have every past season on DVD as well. So there ya have it, lol.

soul60s
February 10th, 2014, 09:32 PM
Scandal
Nashville
The originals
Svu
Reign
Dracula
Haha I love sister wives!
I also watch a lot of bio and history channel!

Glad to see another The Originals fan! :icon_wave: Since you like Reign, did you ever watch The Borgias with Jeremy Irons? Showtime should have never canceled it. It was so well made (costumes, writing, acting).

soul60s
February 10th, 2014, 09:35 PM
Criminal Minds
NCIS
NCIS LA
The Law and Order Group
Many of the older shows.

But my most guilty pleasure is show that not one single person here has mentioned, lol. Sons of Anarchy. I watch that one alone, when no kids or DH are around. DH does not like it, and way to graphic for the kiddo's. It even has a MA warning after every commercial, before it starts again. I have every past season on DVD as well. So there ya have it, lol.

Okay, okay, I deserve a :icon_slap:. That is a really great show too!

Karena1984
February 10th, 2014, 09:39 PM
Glad to see another The Originals fan! :icon_wave: Since you like Reign, did you ever watch The Borgias with Jeremy Irons? Showtime should have never canceled it. It was so well made (costumes, writing, acting).

Loved it!!! Was obsessed with the Tudors too!! The white queen was really good as well!!!

bubba
February 10th, 2014, 09:58 PM
That is what we do. Another show I like a lot is Modern Family. That hasn't been mentioned here yet.

Yes!!! That is the one I said w/Sophia Vegara...could not remember the name of it!

I was just thinking last night about shows we watched as kids.

Every week, we would watch Lawrence Welk. My grandma was on the show once and got to dance with him!

And on Sunday nights, who didn't watch the Wonderful World of Disney?

Anyone else remember Here Comes the Brides? I have that series on DVD.
And Coach? Have some of those too!
And a show I did not know about till it was almost over was Monk. Have the entire series now! Love that show!

And a new one I watch is Switched at Birth.

Still missing All My Children. The one they did on the internet just was not the same.

SallyO'Sews
February 10th, 2014, 10:06 PM
White Collar
Sherlock (the one on PBS. I like "Elementary" on CBS also, but not as much)
Blue Bloods
Person of Interest
NCIS
Undercover Boss (I know, doesn't go with the others, but I just like it)

Older Shows:
Rockford Files
Mary Tyler Moore show
Monk
the Waltons
Murder, She Wrote
St. Elsewhere
Bob Newhart show (in all of its incarnations)
Murphy Brown

soul60s
February 10th, 2014, 10:12 PM
Loved it!!! Was obsessed with the Tudors too!! The white queen was really good as well!!!

Cesare was so hot and Lucrezia was gorgeous. Everyone was phenomenal on that show.

Lindagie
February 10th, 2014, 10:13 PM
There are waaaaaay to many that I watch and DVR, so I'll name a few that I never miss.
Sleepy Hollow, Black List, Grey's Anatomy, Revenge, Person of Interest, Blue Bloods. I also like Mike and Molly, Big Bang Theory.
We have also watched Intelligence and Almost Human this season.
I loved Cheers, Becker, and Coach. Kids programs; loved Rocky the Flying Squirrel and Bullwinkle. I even have a Boris and Natasha watch that my DD found one time. Love it!
A guilty pleasure that I really hate admitting to: Passions, until they cancelled it; and Housewives of New Jersey. I also tape Young the Restless every day; have watched this one since it started.

Rhonda D. Matzker
February 10th, 2014, 10:14 PM
Despite what my sister (auntiemern) thinks, I don't watch television. When I do though I watch Glee and the new HBO show True Detectives with Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson.

soul60s
February 10th, 2014, 10:16 PM
White Collar
Sherlock (the one on PBS. I like "Elementary" on CBS also, but not as much)
Blue Bloods
Person of Interest
NCIS
Undercover Boss (I know, doesn't go with the others, but I just like it)

Older Shows:
Rockford Files
Mary Tyler Moore show
Monk
the Waltons
Murder, She Wrote

I used to watch The Rockford files when I was a kid but hated that he was beaten up in every episode. Only thing hubby remembers about the show is the car he drove. Hubby is a motorhead.

soul60s
February 10th, 2014, 10:18 PM
There are waaaaaay to many that I watch and DVR, so I'll name a few that I never miss.
Sleepy Hollow, Black List, Grey's Anatomy, Revenge, Person of Interest, Blue Bloods. I also like Mike and Molly, Big Bang Theory.
We have also watched Intelligence and Almost Human this season.
I loved Cheers, Becker, and Coach. Kids programs; loved Rocky the Flying Squirrel and Bullwinkle. I even have a Boris and Natasha watch that my DD found one time. Love it!
A guilty pleasure that I really hate admitting to: Passions, until they cancelled it; and Housewives of New Jersey. I also tape Young the Restless every day; have watched this one since it started.

Was Passions a soap about a witch or something?

Lindagie
February 10th, 2014, 10:21 PM
Yes, that is the one; it was so ridiculous you had to love it!

soul60s
February 10th, 2014, 10:22 PM
Yes!!! That is the one I said w/Sophia Vegara...could not remember the name of it!

I was just thinking last night about shows we watched as kids.

Every week, we would watch Lawrence Welk. My grandma was on the show once and got to dance with him!

And on Sunday nights, who didn't watch the Wonderful World of Disney?

Anyone else remember Here Comes the Brides? I have that series on DVD.
And Coach? Have some of those too!
And a show I did not know about till it was almost over was Monk. Have the entire series now! Love that show!

And a new one I watch is Switched at Birth.

Still missing All My Children. The one they did on the internet just was not the same.

OMG Lawrence Welk. I was a wee one but used to love watching for the pretty ball gowns. And I think it was on before Disney on Sundays, Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom! Those two were great. But then again we had all of 3 channels to watch so you loved it regardless.

soul60s
February 10th, 2014, 10:28 PM
Yes, that is the one; it was so ridiculous you had to love it!

I never watched it but my mom used to love it. Thanks for bringing back that memory. I miss her so much. Been almost 9 years and it's bittersweet memories.

Cathy F
February 10th, 2014, 11:02 PM
I don't watch much TV, but when I do I love HGTV and all the home remodeling shows.

PeggyM
February 10th, 2014, 11:18 PM
I am a DIY network and HGTV fanatic myself. Love Rehab Addict, Renovation Realities (we can relate to that one!), Property Brothers and a bunch more.

I'm with you, Joanne. I want to be Nicole Curtis when I grow up!

starlover
February 10th, 2014, 11:21 PM
I forgot about my two all time favorites.

Doc Martin
and
Monk

redcaboose1717
February 10th, 2014, 11:43 PM
I like reality shows
Discovery ID
48 Hours
20/ 20
Dateline
Snapped
Solved
On The Case w/ Paula Zahn
Homicide Detective W/ Lt. Joe Kenda
Karma's A B*tch!
19 Kids & Counting
The Little Couple

Me TV ....( this is a station for all the old shows in the 50.60's,70's 80's channel 296 if you have Comcast, and live in Michigan
Petticoat Junction
Donna Reed
Leave It To Beaver
Perry Mason
Lost In Space
Alfred Hitchcock Hour
Twilight Zone
I Dream Jeannie
There's another channel for Old Shows....just came out ....If you have Comcast ( and live in Michigan ) it's 295
All In the Family
Sandford and Son
etc.....

Dr. Phil
Where Are They Now ( Oprah Winfrey's OWN channel )
Rachel Ray
Hardcore Pawn
Hardcore Pawn Chicago
Forensic Files
Nancy Grace

I have 2 days that I don't watch TV.....I sew and read.....These shows listed are show both DH & I watch.....When we have time.

Pandabear
February 10th, 2014, 11:44 PM
OMG Lawrence Welk. I was a wee one but used to love watching for the pretty ball gowns. And I think it was on before Disney on Sundays, Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom! Those two were great. But then again we had all of 3 channels to watch so you loved it regardless.

My mother-in-law still watches Lawrence Welk repeats. She remembers when it was on when she was younger. She gets a kick out of seeing it now and loves the music.

I remember Mutual of Omaha!!

Older shows I used to see in repeats and can watch on TV Land:
Emergency ( it's funny to see doctors and nurses go into surgery with only a mask and no gloves and whatnot.)
Adam 12
Quincy
Kojack
Kolchak - the Night Stalker
Colombo

AuntieVic
February 11th, 2014, 12:27 AM
I watch The Big Bang Theory, and I sure do miss 24.

soul60s
February 11th, 2014, 12:33 AM
I'm with you, Joanne. I want to be Nicole Curtis when I grow up!

I'd be happy just to have her figure! :icon_hihi:

soul60s
February 11th, 2014, 12:36 AM
I watch The Big Bang Theory, and I sure do miss 24.

Monday, May 5th. Mark your calendar.

soul60s
February 11th, 2014, 12:38 AM
My mother-in-law still watches Lawrence Welk repeats. She remembers when it was on when she was younger. She gets a kick out of seeing it now and loves the music.

I remember Mutual of Omaha!!

Older shows I used to see in repeats and can watch on TV Land:
Emergency ( it's funny to see doctors and nurses go into surgery with only a mask and no gloves and whatnot.)
Adam 12
Quincy
Kojack
Kolchak - the Night Stalker
Colombo

I used to watch all of those. Night Stalker used to scare me. I had to be about 6.

soul60s
February 11th, 2014, 12:42 AM
I like reality shows
Discovery ID
48 Hours
20/ 20
Dateline
Snapped
Solved
On The Case w/ Paula Zahn
Homicide Detective W/ Lt. Joe Kenda
Karma's A B*tch!
19 Kids & Counting
The Little Couple

Me TV ....( this is a station for all the old shows in the 50.60's,70's 80's channel 296 if you have Comcast, and live in Michigan
Petticoat Junction
Donna Reed
Leave It To Beaver
Perry Mason
Lost In Space
Alfred Hitchcock Hour
Twilight Zone
I Dream Jeannie
There's another channel for Old Shows....just came out ....If you have Comcast ( and live in Michigan ) it's 295
All In the Family
Sandford and Son
etc.....

Dr. Phil
Where Are They Now ( Oprah Winfrey's OWN channel )
Rachel Ray
Hardcore Pawn
Hardcore Pawn Chicago
Forensic Files
Nancy Grace

I have 2 days that I don't watch TV.....I sew and read.....These shows listed are show both DH & I watch.....When we have time.

I totally forgot about Lost in Space. I never missed an episode. I liked To Catch a Predator. That was about as close to reality TV as I got on a regular basis.

soul60s
February 11th, 2014, 12:43 AM

Doc Martin
and
Monk

I don't know what Doc Martin is but Monk is funny!

snippet
February 11th, 2014, 12:47 AM
What I watch and what I record are often two different things. I record more than I watch, but I do it in case I have time. Like that ever happens!

I watch all the time:
Big Bang Theory
Dancing With the Stars
Duck Dynasty
Grey's Anatomy

I also record:
Glee
Bad Ink
Boardwalk Empire
Chopped
Copper (not on anymore)
Episodes
Fish Tank Kings
Food Network Star
Inside the Actor's Studio
Last Man Standing
Longmire
Modern Dads
Sewing with Nancy
Shark Tank
Survivor
American Bible Challenge (don't know if it's on anymore)
The Crazy Ones
The DayTripper (PBS show about Texas day trips)
Treehouse Masters
True Blood
True Detective

I also record Letterman, The View, and the Ellen DeGeneres show. I use them when I sew and need company.

Rhonda D. Matzker
February 11th, 2014, 12:51 AM
OMG!!! PLEASE DON'T TAKE THIS THE WRONG WAY-But how do you guys have time to watch that much television?

Pandabear
February 11th, 2014, 01:19 AM
I used to watch all of those. Night Stalker used to scare me. I had to be about 6.

I got them all in repeats so I was a little older when I watched Night Stalker. And only with my dad.

When X-Files was on, I used to make my dog watch it with me because no one else would.

Madeforyouinma11
February 11th, 2014, 01:28 AM
Criminal Minds
NCIS
NCIS LA
The Law and Order Group
Many of the older shows.

OMG! How could I have forgotten Sons of Anarchy! We love that show!

Madeforyouinma11
February 11th, 2014, 01:32 AM

I really want to watch this one too..sounds like it's going to be really good.

Madeforyouinma11
February 11th, 2014, 01:33 AM
What is it about? Reality, sci-fi, crime?

Resurrection (U.S. TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resurrection_(U.S._TV_series))

Madeforyouinma11
February 11th, 2014, 01:33 AM

Doc Martin
and
Monk

I watched these too. Both were great.

Madeforyouinma11
February 11th, 2014, 01:37 AM
OMG!!! PLEASE DON'T TAKE THIS THE WRONG WAY-But how do you guys have time to watch that much television?

For me, I always have either the TV on in my sewing room or my iPad with either Netflix, Hulu or Amazon Prime on. I have to have something on while I'm sewing. If I'm sewing, I have headphones that I can put into my iPad so I can hear it. If I'm cutting, I don't need the headphones. I also watch a lot while I'm doing all of my handwork.

soul60s
February 11th, 2014, 01:59 AM
I got them all in repeats so I was a little older when I watched Night Stalker. And only with my dad.

When X-Files was on, I used to make my dog watch it with me because no one else would.

X-Files.... another one I loved (David Duchovny days)

maxwellthecat
February 11th, 2014, 03:09 AM
NCIS - NCIS LA - CSI Crime Scene Investigations - Grey's Anatomy - Castle - SVU - Mom - 21/2 men - The Millers

Person Of Interest - Big Bang Theory - American Pickers - Pawn Stars - Shark Tank - Flipping Houses - Mike & Molly

The Middle - Last Man Standing - Everybody Loves Raymond - My only Soap Opera that I watch: General Hospital

Discovery & History Channel - Best movie is: Funny Girl Thank goodness for DVR

stationarymom
February 11th, 2014, 03:15 AM
hi
mine are ncis,big bang theory, mike and molly.2 broke girls, law and order.castle.undercover boss.elementary.

shermur
February 11th, 2014, 03:17 AM
I could write a novel on the TV shows I've liked; but currently:

CSI (Crime Scene Investigation)
Intelligence
48 Hours

Two and a Half Men (I prefer the older ones)
The Big Bang Theory

And when these shows are on:
The Biggest Loser
The Voice

Favorites of the past:
Quantum Leap (finale on VHS)
Knots Landing (finale on VHS)
Emergency

soul60s
February 11th, 2014, 03:41 AM
NCIS - NCIS LA - CSI Crime Scene Investigations - Grey's Anatomy - Castle - SVU - Mom - 21/2 men - The Millers

Person Of Interest - Big Bang Theory - American Pickers - Pawn Stars - Shark Tank - Flipping Houses - Mike & Molly

The Middle - Last Man Standing - Everybody Loves Raymond - My only Soap Opera that I watch: General Hospital

Discovery & History Channel - Best movie is: Funny Girl Thank goodness for DVR

I am starting to like the millers.

soul60s
February 11th, 2014, 03:53 AM
hi
mine are ncis,big bang theory, mike and molly.2 broke girls, law and order.castle.undercover boss.elementary.

I love Max on 2 Broke Girls

pcbatiks
February 11th, 2014, 03:56 AM
Well it looks like Big Bang Theory is the big winner here! We love the show & have several seasons.

Also like to watch:

The Middle
Modern Family
Goldbergs........started to grow on me.
American Idol........this season it's actually enjoyable without the 2 divas from last year.

I love the interaction between the moms & kids on these shows. It's so funny when they get it just right!

Also like:
Psych
Monk
Doc Martin

Have Frasier seasons on dvd along with Wings.........love these 2 shows!

Of course we have Seinfeld episodes memorized along with MASH...........Mash season 2 was the best!

And from way.....way back.........does anyone remember the show Julia with her son Corey?!

Big fan of Wild Kingdom as a kid...........I'll go back to the camp while Jim wrestles this hungry bear & tags his ear! :D

soul60s
February 11th, 2014, 03:57 AM
I could write a novel on the TV shows I've liked; but currently:

CSI (Crime Scene Investigation)
Intelligence
48 Hours

Two and a Half Men (I prefer the older ones)
The Big Bang Theory

And when these shows are on:
The Biggest Loser
The Voice

Favorites of the past:
Quantum Leap (finale on VHS)
Knots Landing (finale on VHS)
Emergency

Hello my Pittie friend!

Ahhh... the 80's brought us Quantum Leap and I was right there watching it! I liked the older 2 1/2 Men also.

soul60s
February 11th, 2014, 04:06 AM
Well it looks like Big Bang Theory is the big winner here! We love the show & have several seasons.

Also like to watch:

The Middle
Modern Family
Goldbergs........started to grow on me.
American Idol........this season it's actually enjoyable without the 2 divas from last year.

I love the interaction between the moms & kids on these shows. It's so funny when they get it just right!

Also like:
Psych
Monk
Doc Martin

Have Frasier seasons on dvd along with Wings.........love these 2 shows!

Of course we have Seinfeld episodes memorized along with MASH...........Mash season 2 was the best!

And from way.....way back.........does anyone remember the show Julia with her son Corey?!

Big fan of Wild Kingdom as a kid...........I'll go back to the camp while Jim wrestles this hungry bear & tags his ear! :D

Lololol... just read that last line to my hubby and he laughed. Said yeah, poor b***ard would have to fight off something every week while everyone went somewhere else.

The only American Idol I watched was when Steven Tyler was a judge.

pcbatiks
February 11th, 2014, 04:17 AM
Lololol... just read that last line to my hubby and he laughed. Said yeah, poor b***ard would have to fight off something every week while everyone went somewhere else.

The only American Idol I watched was when Steven Tyler was a judge.

Nope...........sorry to disagree..........got to be Keith Urban! :D

bubba
February 11th, 2014, 04:59 AM
Just thought of another!

Cops

If you see reruns of ones filmed in Pierce County WA, from the 1990's, my voice is even on a lot of them!!

Pandabear
February 11th, 2014, 08:40 AM
If we're going 80s I'm adding Riptide, Simon & Simon, and The A-Team

mary3100
February 11th, 2014, 09:02 AM
The shows I like keep getting cancelled!
Breaking Bad
Weeds
American Horror Story
Bones
Game of Thrones ***
Grey's Anatomy
Grimm
Chicago Fire
Walking Dead
Revenge
Revolution
Parenthood
Last Man Standing
Mike and Molly
Modern Family
I was off TV for 10 years then got sucked back in about 5 years ago. I think I am tapering off again, it would mean more sewing time. I almost never watch shows on TV. I watch them the next day on my computer usually less commercials that way.

Pandabear
February 11th, 2014, 10:11 AM
Oh my goodness how could I have forgotten Grimm!! Monroe rocks!

Lindagie
February 11th, 2014, 12:39 PM
[QUOTE=mary3100;469450]The shows I like keep getting cancelled!

Me too. I liked several that were cancelled without warning; made me mad as nothing was resolved; like Deception and a few others from a few years ago that I can't remember the names of. I also liked 666 Park Avenue, although they did have a rush ending. It almost makes you not want to start watching a show for fear it will be cancelled just when you get hooked on it.

I watch reruns of Golden Girls and Everybody Loves Raymond; they both still crack me up! Great shows!

bubba
February 11th, 2014, 03:51 PM
Third Watch......
ER

Wwena
February 11th, 2014, 04:16 PM
I'm not sure I watch anything that I would call a guilty pleasure. :) I do watch some stuff that not many I know watch and I guess that would be:

Dr Who (from 2005 onwards)
Torchwood (Dr Who spinoff)
Top Chef and Top Chef Masters
West Wing (maaaany times)

I watched about three seasons of Being Human, it was ok. :) The Big Bang Theory is one of our favourite shows (I share that one with DH) and a lot of people I know watch it too. Being in the IT business I can totally relate to the nerdy characters of that show hehe. I'm pretty sure I've worked with them! :D

Sherlock is our favourite show at the moment. I've still not seen the last episode of season 3. And we miss Newsroom greatly.

Watching different Star Trek shows from TNG onwards I guess might count as a guilty pleasure. But I have too many nerdy friends to considder it unusual. ;)

And about favourite shows being cancelled... Need I say FIREFLY?!?

KathyCrofoot
February 11th, 2014, 04:16 PM
Some of my favorite shows, which I've been watching on Amazon Prime:

Army Wives
Flash Point
Numb3rs

Star Trek Voyager (any Star Trek but Voyager was my fav) Enterprise was a close 2nd

Right now not watching much current, only NCIS, NCIS LA (when I remember they're on), Intelligence and Blue Bloods. I like the old CSI (with Grissom), CSI NY, Criminal Minds and that's about it for prime-time. I do watch Auction Hunters and Storage wars when I remember to look for them.

We don't have DVR but do have Amazon Prime. There's a lot of shows on my watch list that I can't think of right now.

quiltsRfun
February 11th, 2014, 04:40 PM
Am I the only one here who's hooked on the Deadliest Catch? I love that show. I also watched Gold Rush and Ice Road Truckers in the past but not so much anymore.

Pandabear
February 11th, 2014, 04:44 PM
Someone said the word IT. That reminded me of the IT Crowd. Love it.

auntiemern
February 11th, 2014, 05:26 PM
Cil, I had a feeling we were soul sisters, lol.
OMG! How could I have forgotten Sons of Anarchy! We love that show!

Wwena
February 11th, 2014, 05:28 PM
Am I the only one here who's hooked on the Deadliest Catch? I love that show. I also watched Gold Rush and Ice Road Truckers in the past but not so much anymore.

I used to watch Deadliest Catch during those breastfeeding marathons I had with my firstborn. It was usually the only thing worth watching on during the day, for some reason. And Hell's Kitchen. :D

Wwena
February 11th, 2014, 05:32 PM
Oh wait, I forgot the show I tape the most: QI.

(And of course I love Game of Thrones.)

And NCIS... Now there's a guilty pleasure of mine! Gotta love that Abby. :)

KerriS
February 11th, 2014, 05:47 PM
hmm.. for me it's

The Big Bang Theory
NCIS

Star-Trek especially Voyager but I like TNG too.. not too fond of the "old" Enterprise anymore..

Dr. House

I'm a celebrity - get me out of here

not too much... :)

soul60s
February 11th, 2014, 09:38 PM
Just thought of another!

Cops

If you see reruns of ones filmed in Pierce County WA, from the 1990's, my voice is even on a lot of them!!

Your voice? :V Not as a perp I hope. :icon_rofl:

soul60s
February 11th, 2014, 09:39 PM
If we're going 80s I'm adding Riptide, Simon & Simon, and The A-Team

Those were so popular then! Only one I saw was A-Team.

soul60s
February 11th, 2014, 09:40 PM
The shows I like keep getting cancelled!
Breaking Bad
Weeds
American Horror Story
Bones
Game of Thrones ***
Grey's Anatomy
Grimm
Chicago Fire
Walking Dead
Revenge
Revolution
Parenthood
Last Man Standing
Mike and Molly
Modern Family
I was off TV for 10 years then got sucked back in about 5 years ago. I think I am tapering off again, it would mean more sewing time. I almost never watch shows on TV. I watch them the next day on my computer usually less commercials that way.

Don't jinx them! There are quite a few that aren't canceled yet!

soul60s
February 11th, 2014, 09:43 PM
[QUOTE=mary3100;469450]The shows I like keep getting cancelled!

Me too. I liked several that were cancelled without warning; made me mad as nothing was resolved; like Deception and a few others from a few years ago that I can't remember the names of. I also liked 666 Park Avenue, although they did have a rush ending. It almost makes you not want to start watching a show for fear it will be cancelled just when you get hooked on it.

I watch reruns of Golden Girls and Everybody Loves Raymond; they both still crack me up! Great shows!

Golden Girls is hilarious. My son loves that show. He knows every line to every episode. The kid needed to get out more. LOL The Borgias on Showtime was canceled abruptly also. No ending. I was fuming!

soul60s
February 11th, 2014, 09:44 PM
Third Watch......
ER

Just reminded me, 3rd Rock from the Sun!

soul60s
February 11th, 2014, 09:47 PM
I'm not sure I watch anything that I would call a guilty pleasure. :) I do watch some stuff that not many I know watch and I guess that would be:

Dr Who (from 2005 onwards)
Torchwood (Dr Who spinoff)
Top Chef and Top Chef Masters
West Wing (maaaany times)

I watched about three seasons of Being Human, it was ok. :) The Big Bang Theory is one of our favourite shows (I share that one with DH) and a lot of people I know watch it too. Being in the IT business I can totally relate to the nerdy characters of that show hehe. I'm pretty sure I've worked with them! :D

Sherlock is our favourite show at the moment. I've still not seen the last episode of season 3. And we miss Newsroom greatly.

Watching different Star Trek shows from TNG onwards I guess might count as a guilty pleasure. But I have too many nerdy friends to considder it unusual. ;)

And about favourite shows being cancelled... Need I say FIREFLY?!?

I never saw Firefly and the only reference I have to it is Sheldon mentioning it on an episode of Big Bang. I loved all the Star Trek series, especially the originals. You're from Sweden so did you see the American version of Being Human?

soul60s
February 11th, 2014, 09:50 PM
Some of my favorite shows, which I've been watching on Amazon Prime:

Army Wives
Flash Point
Numb3rs

Star Trek Voyager (any Star Trek but Voyager was my fav) Enterprise was a close 2nd

Right now not watching much current, only NCIS, NCIS LA (when I remember they're on), Intelligence and Blue Bloods. I like the old CSI (with Grissom), CSI NY, Criminal Minds and that's about it for prime-time. I do watch Auction Hunters and Storage wars when I remember to look for them.

We don't have DVR but do have Amazon Prime. There's a lot of shows on my watch list that I can't think of right now.

Gotta love Amazon Prime! I sense a theme here.... crime shows??? And I didn't even go to detective school to guess that. :icon_beuj:

soul60s
February 11th, 2014, 09:53 PM

Hubby loves those. I can't watch Deadliest Catch because I can't swim and I freak when I think someone is about to get caught in the ropes and go overboard. Gold Rush and Gold Rush Bering Sea is really good. Ice Road Truckers was scary when they had to drive over frozen lakes and they'd show the ice cracking.

soul60s
February 11th, 2014, 09:55 PM
Oh wait, I forgot the show I tape the most: QI.

(And of course I love Game of Thrones.)

And NCIS... Now there's a guilty pleasure of mine! Gotta love that Abby. :)

What is QI? I never got into any of the NCIS shows. Sister loves them. I ended up buying her the seasons for christmas.

AuntieVic
February 11th, 2014, 10:50 PM

Thanks Joanne, I had not heard yet. I have it on my calendar now, I won't miss it.

Pandabear
February 11th, 2014, 11:08 PM
Shame on me! How could I have forgotten Firefly? The Man they call Jayne.

Glad to know I'm not alone in my love for it.

bdmsmith
February 12th, 2014, 02:48 PM
Matlock (my husband refuses to watch this one even though Andy Griffith is one of his favorites...he says he's seen them all...well so have I but I still like to watch them)
NCIS
Criminal Minds
Mystery Woman
Monk
CSI New York
Harry Potter movies---I watch these over and over in my sewing room
Numbers
Diagnosis Murder

**In the evenings with my husband we usually watch American Pickers, Pawn Stars, Ax men, Swamp People, Snapped---which I watch them and they're ok, but if I have my choice I'd rather watch one of the items from my list above....that is when my hubby isn't here and I have free reign with the remote.

soul60s
February 12th, 2014, 02:53 PM
Matlock (my husband refuses to watch this one even though Andy Griffith is one of his favorites...he says he's seen them all...well so have I but I still like to watch them)
NCIS
Criminal Minds
Mystery Woman
Monk
CSI New York
Harry Potter movies---I watch these over and over in my sewing room
Numbers
Diagnosis Murder

**In the evenings with my husband we usually watch American Pickers, Pawn Stars, Ax men, Swamp People, Snapped---which I watch them and they're ok, but if I have my choice I'd rather watch one of the items from my list above....that is when my hubby isn't here and I have free reign with the remote.

You need to have a bigger better TV in your sewing room so you have free reign over that one! Let's see if he wants to sit in there with the sewing machine running while watching his beloved shows (my hubby loves those too. I hate them). Make him jealous. LOL

soul60s
February 12th, 2014, 02:54 PM
Shame on me! How could I have forgotten Firefly? The Man they call Jayne.

Glad to know I'm not alone in my love for it.

The Man they call Jayne, is this an old show? Never heard of it.

bubba
February 12th, 2014, 03:05 PM
Your voice? :V Not as a perp I hope. :icon_rofl:

Yes....my voice!!! I'm a 911 dispatcher, coming up on 31 years in May.

bubba
February 12th, 2014, 03:06 PM
Oh, and I thought of another....

Magnum PI

WendyI
February 12th, 2014, 04:06 PM
Wow...there's a lot of people watching Big Bang Theory aren't there!? Seems to be the most common. I love it also but we cancelled our cable because I hate commercials. So now I buy Seasons Passes on iTunes or the box sets and watch the entire season when I want:

Game of Thrones
Downton Abbey
The Originals
And my very guilty "teenage me" pleasure, Vampire Diaries...I am SO IN LOVE with Ian Somerhalder OMG! I am NOT someone who falls for movie stars...like EVER...I'm just not that kind of person. But if he was in front of me I think I would DIE!. SO GOOD LOOKING!

Also love
Hell on Wheels
Sherlock with Benedict Cumberbatch
House of Cards was SO GOOD on Netflix
Bought every season of BBT on DVD. Just waiting for the new seasons discs to be released.

Hate reality shows like Bachelor, Survivor, Duck Dynasty etc. but love nature shows like Planet Earth and Blue Planet. Have all of those and then some on Blueray.

Only thing old I can watch over and over and pretty much recite verbatim is M*A*S*H

Wwena
February 12th, 2014, 05:37 PM
I never saw Firefly and the only reference I have to it is Sheldon mentioning it on an episode of Big Bang. I loved all the Star Trek series, especially the originals. You're from Sweden so did you see the American version of Being Human?

I wasn't aware there was an American version! I watched the British one. I found it quite hilarious that the guy from the Baskerville Hound episode of Sherlock plays the werewolf in Being Human. :D

Firefly is really great, I'm still chocked it got cancelled after only one season (but ofc there's the Serenity movie which was made after that).

What is QI? I never got into any of the NCIS shows. Sister loves them. I ended up buying her the seasons for christmas.

QI is a British show headed by Stephen Fry. It's hilarious and nicely intelligent. I highly recommend it!

soul60s
February 13th, 2014, 03:21 AM
I wasn't aware there was an American version! I watched the British one. I found it quite hilarious that the guy from the Baskerville Hound episode of Sherlock plays the werewolf in Being Human. :D

Firefly is really great, I'm still chocked it got cancelled after only one season (but ofc there's the Serenity movie which was made after that).

QI is a British show headed by Stephen Fry. It's hilarious and nicely intelligent. I highly recommend it!
There is also an American version of Shameless. Have you caught it yet?

soul60s
February 13th, 2014, 03:24 AM
Wow...there's a lot of people watching Big Bang Theory aren't there!? Seems to be the most common. I love it also but we cancelled our cable because I hate commercials. So now I buy Seasons Passes on iTunes or the box sets and watch the entire season when I want:

Game of Thrones
Downton Abbey
The Originals
And my very guilty "teenage me" pleasure, Vampire Diaries...I am SO IN LOVE with Ian Somerhalder OMG! I am NOT someone who falls for movie stars...like EVER...I'm just not that kind of person. But if he was in front of me I think I would DIE!. SO GOOD LOOKING!

Also love
Hell on Wheels
Sherlock with Benedict Cumberbatch
House of Cards was SO GOOD on Netflix
Bought every season of BBT on DVD. Just waiting for the new seasons discs to be released.

Hate reality shows like Bachelor, Survivor, Duck Dynasty etc. but love nature shows like Planet Earth and Blue Planet. Have all of those and then some on Blueray.

Only thing old I can watch over and over and pretty much recite verbatim is M*A*S*H

I am lovin' me some Jon Snow and Elijah and Clouse.

Marta
February 13th, 2014, 10:45 AM
When I get State side I have to watch Jeopardy and Judge Judy. Here in Brazil I can watch a few of US programs --always behind time. Favorites are Criminal Minds ,Chicago Fire, and What not to wear. Last year we got nashville but I quess our cable co. Didnt buy new season. We get old seasons of Project Runway and Top Chef repeated a lot. I watch them anyway

Amber
February 13th, 2014, 11:03 AM
I've been wanting to see Almost Human just haven't gotten around to it. I think it is on a night that one of my other shows is on. When is it on?
Almost Human is on Monday nights.

soul60s
February 13th, 2014, 11:27 AM
Almost Human is on Monday nights.

Figures. Bitten and Being Human is on then. I record both of them for hubby but I have to watch them when they're on. It's like crack, addictive.

Lindagie
February 13th, 2014, 12:57 PM
I also remember watching Dark Shadows every afternoon back in the day. Loved that hokey soap! In the 80's our local PBS station had the entire series on so my DD watched it every evening and she got hooked on it too. When we were in Newport, RI, we just had to go to Salve Regina college and take pictures of the mansion that was used for the outside shots of the "new" house. We always went to a small town in Ct. near my son's home just because we loved it; I think it was Essex. We didn't realize til later that many of the outside shots of the wharf and the Griswold Inn were also used in the original series. If I had the money I would buy the entire collection of those shows. Am I the only weird person who loved that show? (I would also buy a place on the river in Essex)

Wwena
February 13th, 2014, 02:48 PM
Nope, no idea what Shameless is. :)

soul60s
February 13th, 2014, 07:05 PM
I also remember watching Dark Shadows every afternoon back in the day. Loved that hokey soap! In the 80's our local PBS station had the entire series on so my DD watched it every evening and she got hooked on it too. When we were in Newport, RI, we just had to go to Salve Regina college and take pictures of the mansion that was used for the outside shots of the "new" house. We always went to a small town in Ct. near my son's home just because we loved it; I think it was Essex. We didn't realize til later that many of the outside shots of the wharf and the Griswold Inn were also used in the original series. If I had the money I would buy the entire collection of those shows. Am I the only weird person who loved that show? (I would also buy a place on the river in Essex)

Did you got to Newport just to see the college? That's my stomping ground. Lived in Newport and Middletown my whole life. Didn't realize it was in the soap until last year.

soul60s
February 13th, 2014, 07:08 PM
Nope, no idea what Shameless is. :)

William H. Macy and Emmy Rossum star in it. Raunchy disfunctional family but very good show.

Lindagie
February 13th, 2014, 07:14 PM
No,we were visiting my son and DIL in Clinton, Ct. They took us all to see the big mansions in Newport, but DD and I knew that place was there so we had to stop and see it too. Newport is a beautiul place; bet it was awesome growing up there. Some of the mansions were SO over the top----and to think that the owners only lived there during the summer. I think there was only one that I would have been comfortable living in: the rest of them were just toooo big. I guess if someone else cooked, cleaned and did all the other work it would have been fine, back in that time.

bdmsmith
February 13th, 2014, 11:21 PM
Another show that I used to love and don't ever seem to find on our dish network channels is Hart to Hart....I loved that show and would watch it if I could ever find it on sometime.

Pandabear
February 13th, 2014, 11:32 PM
The Man they call Jayne, is this an old show? Never heard of it.

It was one of the episodes of Firefly. One of my favorites. They made up a whole song about Jayne. I had to look it up - The Hero of Canton, the Ballad of Jayne Cobb.

Dayna
February 14th, 2014, 02:07 AM
Right now I follow NCIS. Mmmmm Mark Harmon! and Once Upon a Time Captain Hook is all that and then some! I am ashamed to admit that my guilty pleasure used to be Gene Simmons Family Jewels. Never liked his band, but his reality show had me hooked. :0

bubba
February 14th, 2014, 02:23 AM
Anyone remember Homefront? I loved that show and it was only on two seasons I think.

Happy Days

nell
February 14th, 2014, 10:40 AM
Yes, I really like Homefront--was sorry when it went off the air. Right now I am hooked on Downton Abbey. Also watch a lot of HGTV and American Pickers.

soul60s
February 14th, 2014, 06:51 PM
No,we were visiting my son and DIL in Clinton, Ct. They took us all to see the big mansions in Newport, but DD and I knew that place was there so we had to stop and see it too. Newport is a beautiul place; bet it was awesome growing up there. Some of the mansions were SO over the top----and to think that the owners only lived there during the summer. I think there was only one that I would have been comfortable living in: the rest of them were just toooo big. I guess if someone else cooked, cleaned and did all the other work it would have been fine, back in that time.

Took my cousin to see Rosecliff (mansion that was in the movie The Great Gatsby) and the Marble House. The woman who lived there was a huge activist for women's right to vote. They even have the original dishes she used to organize. They are white with blue writing that says something like Vote Women or something like that.

soul60s
February 14th, 2014, 06:52 PM
Another show that I used to love and don't ever seem to find on our dish network channels is Hart to Hart....I loved that show and would watch it if I could ever find it on sometime.

Have you tried Netflix or Hulu?

soul60s
February 14th, 2014, 06:54 PM
Right now I follow NCIS. Mmmmm Mark Harmon! and Once Upon a Time Captain Hook is all that and then some! I am ashamed to admit that my guilty pleasure used to be Gene Simmons Family Jewels. Never liked his band, but his reality show had me hooked. :0

lololol..... Kiss was one of the first albums I ever owned. No shame here, no judging. It's fun!

Michelle M
February 15th, 2014, 04:23 PM
Oh my goodness, what a great question!!
Revenge
The Middle
Sherlock
The Mentalist
Person of Interest
The Good Wife
Parenthood
The Biggest Loser
Untold Stories of the ER
Any kind of true crime show

AuntieVic
May 5th, 2014, 11:48 PM
I just got done watching the first two hours of the new 24. I am glad I did not miss it, thanks Joanne for reminding me to mark my calendar.

MayinJerset
May 6th, 2014, 03:44 AM
Someone said " I also tape Young the Restless every day; have watched this one since it started."

Used to watch it many years ago when it had Snapper.

Monique
May 6th, 2014, 07:13 AM
I don't watch a lot of 'tv' I download almost all of my shows.

Grey's Anatomy
Young & Restless
Hell on Wheels (waiting for a new season)
Downton Abbey
Turn (hubby got me onto this one)
House of Cards
Swamp people
Storage Wars
Pawn Stars

Favorite mini series was The Hatfields and the McCoys.

mary3100
May 6th, 2014, 08:31 AM
My TV pleasures are:
Game Of Thrones
The Walking Dead
Vikings
Weeds
Silicon Valley
Believe
Grimm
Crisis
Rehab Addict
I usually watch my showes the next day online. That way I have only 1/4 of the commercials if any!

aliaslaceygreen
May 6th, 2014, 08:49 AM
Well, I do have a thing for those boys on Property Brothers....
Am just starting Game of Thrones, could never get into Downton, I think I just wasn't in the right frame of mind.
Will watch West Wing forever, it's OK if we are all lip synching the show...

But, I am on pins and needles waiting for Outlander to come to Starz this summer.....!!!!!

irishrn
May 6th, 2014, 05:14 PM
Sad to say Almost Human has been cancelled. I really liked it.
Then there is:
The Good Wife
The Mentalist
Revenge
Castle
Grey's Anatomy
Rizzoli and Isles
Perception
Resurrection
Believe
Bones
Blue Bloods
Scandal
Black Box
Intelligence
The Newsroom
Motive
The Big Bang Theory
Major Crimes
Under the Dome
And since they are all on DVR at different times of the year I manage to sew while I watch them!!!

irishrn
May 6th, 2014, 06:38 PM
Oh my. I forgot Crisis and Unforgetable!!!!!

Dollyquilts
May 6th, 2014, 06:53 PM
I love GeoWild and NatGeo, Justified and Downton Abbey. Love Call the Midwife. Just about any series produced by BBC.

sassygranny
May 6th, 2014, 08:18 PM
Oh, gosh...we have a LOT of "must watch" shows. Some of them are quality shows and I don't feel guilty about them at all...like Downton Abbey and The Blacklist. Sherlock. Castle.

But, then there's Dancing with the Stars. Deadliest Catch. Royal Pains. Torchwood. And, somehow...we end up watching Wheel of Fortune every dang night! :)

Love them all!

Navy Wife
May 6th, 2014, 08:55 PM
I watch NCIS and NCIS LA, Downton Abbey, and Big Bang Theory. I love the ME network, and watch all the shows from the 60's and 70's there like MASH and Bonanza. Other than that I listen to the Sirrus channels on DISH, or watch old movies on AMC. I just can't get used to the language and blood and gore on today's shows. Even have to turn off NCIS sometimes!

Angelia
May 6th, 2014, 08:57 PM
I watch old shows on Amazon Prime. My favorite is...wait for it...Buffy, The Vampire Slayer! I'm an English teacher, and the writing on Buffy is so very good. All of Joss Whedon' s show have spectacular writing.

SallyO'Sews
May 6th, 2014, 11:43 PM
Person of Interest
NCIS
Elementary
Crisis
Suits
White Collar

MayinJerset
May 7th, 2014, 12:03 AM
One show that DH and I watch every weeknight is Jeopardy. It is on at 7pm in our area so we either eat dinner before Jeopardy or we eat dinner after Jeopardy.

soul60s
May 7th, 2014, 09:26 PM
Well, I do have a thing for those boys on Property Brothers....
Am just starting Game of Thrones, could never get into Downton, I think I just wasn't in the right frame of mind.
Will watch West Wing forever, it's OK if we are all lip synching the show...

But, I am on pins and needles waiting for Outlander to come to Starz this summer.....!!!!!

Just got done watching the brothers. Did you know they are 6'5"???? Tall, handsome and they have money. A girl couldn't ask for much more.

Lovebugswoman
May 7th, 2014, 09:38 PM
Big Bang Theory
Mike & Molly
2 Broke Girls
Walking Dead
Game of Thrones
The Good Wife
Mad Men
Downton Abbey
Breaking Bad (before it ended)
and we're watching Lost from the beginning

There are others and most are PVRed so I have no idea what night they actually air on. I am usually surfing the net while watching. Oh and Family Feud because I like Steve Harvey and I'm right more often than the contestants.

Lilyjo
May 8th, 2014, 03:37 AM
NCIS
Stargate SG1 (repeats)
Star Trek the original series (repeats)
Enterprise (repeats)
Sherlock Holmes ( Jeremy Brett)
Miss Marple (Geraldine McEwan)
Poirot
Kirsty Allsop's craft programmes

redcaboose1717
May 8th, 2014, 05:37 AM
I started watching The Young & The Restless beginning the VERY first day it started.( my parents made fun of me at the time....then my mom / dad & oldest sister got hooked on the show as well. )
In 1985, I started working a second job, and believe it or not, haven't watched TY&R since that time. Last week, I turned on TY&R and couldn't make heads or tails of the show....the only person I recognized was Nikki.....( Melody Thomas Scott )
I agree, I liked the show much better when Snapper, the Fosters, The Brooks etc. were a part of the show.

I haven't watched a soap opera in years......I didn't know that the "old" Soaps are no longer on TV (The Guiding Light is one my mom watched every day.....I remember when Joan Crawford's daughter Christina was on that show.....
I am a big fan of Discovery ID ( 48 hours, Unusual Suspects etc. ) I also like the show called " Snapped" that you can find on REELZ and OXYGEN.
I also have to admit that I like ME TV ( Mid-Michigan Entertainment Television ) and ANTEN ....which have all the "old " shows every day, such as All In The Family, I Dream of Jeannie, M*A*S*H, Twilight Zone, Jack Benny Show .....etc.....
Too bad we don't have more channgels like ME TV and ANTEN....love it.....