PDA

View Full Version : Still Rockin' After All These Years

Meli
February 10th, 2014, 04:21 AM
I recorded The Beattles Tribute and watched it later. DH isn't really a Beattles fan. Silly man. Because of that, and because it was getting late, I fast forwarded through the other bands. I watched all the bios and the inerviews, and, of course, I watched Paul and Ringo perform, separately and then together. Paul looks at least his age (71). Ringo, 73, looks about 50. Put instruments in their hands, and the years just fall away. Love it!

shermur
February 10th, 2014, 05:03 AM
Meli - I was born that year the Beatles' debut in the ED Sullivan show (I was born a little later in the year though). I really enjoyed the show and I enjoyed the tributes very much! Joe Walsh did a fabulous job playing the guitar his way! But, a thought came coming over in my head....Where was Julian Lennon? Was he there and the TV cameras didn't show him? I read an article from 4 days ago, that they schedule of the entertainment made it difficult for him to perform? That part confused me....thoughts?

Meli
February 10th, 2014, 10:26 AM
This is what I found about Julian Lennon (http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/02/05/being-beatles-baby-julian-lennon-reflects-on-beatles-50th-anniversary/). Oko was there, of course, looking funky and, as always, making me wonder what the hell was going on in her head. Her son Sean was standing next to her, looking surprisingly like his dad, a la the drug years.

Like you, I was born a few months after the Ed Sullivan show.

Hmm... think I'm going to tell DH I want a Beattles CD for Valentine's Day

HandsOffItsMine
February 10th, 2014, 10:50 AM
Don and I recorded as we watched. Loved it as well, I was 3.5 and I can remember it as my folks were both 25 and my mom's sister 26.5, her husband 28. Both couples fans, watching at our house. I was in love with Ringo growing up! :)

Great performances by both, Ringo like you said,very well preserved for his age. Love that they are soooo not like Mick Jagger/Steven Tyler who are wrinkled beyond words and dress like teeny boppers. Glad to see Yoko getting into finally when the True Beatles started to perform. :) Yes, she's trippy as usual. George Harrisson's son did a great job as well.

Only one really off was Katy Perry, her voice was too high for Yesterday in OHO. We'll be watching this recording, fast forwarding through commercials for sure, many, many times.

:) Nice to hear/watch music on TV that means something for a change. OMG am I sounding old for 53! lol

Quiltfreestyle
February 10th, 2014, 11:26 AM
I was 13 when the Beatles first played the Hollywood Bowl here in LA. A bunch of us girls got together & walked the 25 miles to the Bowl on the day before the show. Parents followed in cars to keep an eye on us. Just our little tribute to them, we were all Beatles crazy then.. One of the parents got us tickets to the show, it was amazing!!! My kids still can't believe their Mom did something so off the wall LOL. I have my moments.....