PDA

View Full Version : Thread Posting Times

Sandy Navas
February 9th, 2014, 06:11 PM
Has anyone noticed that the times shown on the forum posts are NOT in line with the time of the actual postings? For Instance: I posted in General Chit-Chat at my time 1:11 p.m. CST and it shows as being posted at 4:11 p.m. . . .

I know, we have people in a multitude of time zones - but it's only been very, very recently that I've noticed that.

Whose clock is off? Probably mine . . . tick-tock.

Genny
February 9th, 2014, 06:15 PM
You know...I noticed my time on my computer was off today and the year on it showed 2011! Wonder what's going on.

bubba
February 9th, 2014, 06:20 PM
All is well in western Washington, time and yearwise!

grannyann
February 9th, 2014, 07:42 PM
mine is ok here in Illinois.

Hulamoon
February 9th, 2014, 07:49 PM
The weird one that happened to me is that the daily deal would come up at 6:30 pm my time and now it's 8: 00. That's not quite fair :(

starlover
February 9th, 2014, 07:50 PM
My time shows up correctly when I'm logged in. If I don't log in, it's always off.

buckeyequilter
February 9th, 2014, 07:56 PM
My computer is right on time here in Ohio....but don't know about the posts.

Edit: The post has the correct time also.

Iris Girl
February 9th, 2014, 08:05 PM
Everything is right time and day for me here. Sandy maybe things got wacked out when you had your out of body experience..

Mpyles
February 9th, 2014, 08:27 PM
Yours came up as 1:11 for me.

K. McEuen
February 9th, 2014, 08:40 PM
Come on, we all know Sandy has always been a bit off ...

auntiemern
February 9th, 2014, 08:41 PM
I have noticed some folks post times being off. So I don't think it is just you.

Judy, USMC
February 10th, 2014, 06:57 AM
You can check to see what time zone you are set to. Top right of page click Settings. On the next page on the left side (under the My Settings header) click on General Settings. Scroll down to Date and Time Options. Yours may have reset somehow. If there is a 5 hour time difference you may be set to Greenwich Mean Time.

I'd also recommend that you select Automatically detect DST (Daylight Savings Time) so you won't have to reset your clock. Hope that helps!

Edited to Add: I'm in Central time but have my clock set to Eastern ... and the Eastern time of 4:57am is showing up on my screen even though it's only 3:57 am local.

Blondie
February 10th, 2014, 07:33 AM
I've noticed that a lot the past few weeks but it seems to be at the correct time this morning. I just thought it was me. My settings are all okie dokie, it was just a wierd thing, like our Sandy said.

easyquilts
February 10th, 2014, 07:53 AM
Buddy, the iPad has times and dates Dow right...

dwil23
February 10th, 2014, 08:14 AM
I noticed the other day that I posted something and it showed up like that. I assume it's Greenwich Mean Time?

redcaboose1717
February 10th, 2014, 11:36 AM
I am not sure, but maybe it has something to do with the time the forum is on ? Perhaps the computers at MSCQ are on a different time ? Again, I am not sure of this either ....

I am editing this post......My computer says the same time that the time is on the post I just did her on the forum. 9:36 am
I would probably say that the time has something to do with your computer.....etc. But the again, that's just a guess on my part.....

Sandy Navas
February 10th, 2014, 11:52 AM
My time shows up correctly when I'm logged in. If I don't log in, it's always off.

I do believe you have solved the problem!!!

(At least someone here realizes I wasn't totally off my rocker . . . yet).

ozziepuppy
February 11th, 2014, 09:18 PM
OK, this is a test to see what time shows up.

Edit (Follow-Up): Appears to be pretty much correct (off by about 20 seconds). So looks good from here. :)

Poppytree
February 13th, 2014, 07:25 AM
At the third stroke it will be 20.55 precisely bong, bong, bong!

Poppytree
February 13th, 2014, 07:27 AM
Yep - says it was posted at 8.55pm (and this took me a minute to type and post)