PDA

View Full Version : No real progress

Sandy Navas
February 9th, 2014, 04:11 PM
It's after 1 in the afternoon and we still don't have a baby. Last time I talked to my daughter she said dilation was only about 4 1/2 cms - meaning she has a way to go. They started her on antibiotics since her water had broken over 24 hours ago, and finally gave her some pitocin but since she was starting regular contractions on her own they hadn't loaded her up. Grandma to be (who worked in the Houston area as a midwife for many years) said the Mom2B is not coping well at all . . . she's not a very big girl and has development issues . . . prayers, please.

Kat 2
February 9th, 2014, 04:15 PM
Will keep her and baby in my prayers.

Mimis-quilts
February 9th, 2014, 04:15 PM
Is the baby too big, or she just progressing too slow? Poor thing...hope she begin progressing soon! Thoughts and prayers coming your way!

Madeforyouinma11
February 9th, 2014, 04:38 PM
Oh the poor thing! Praying that things start moving more quickly and that momma can hang in there. Thanks for the update.

MRoy
February 9th, 2014, 04:41 PM
Prayers for momma, baby, and all of you.

quiltingtrish
February 9th, 2014, 05:03 PM
Oh definitely Sandy - prayers coming. These babies come on their own time. It sure would be nice to come on ours though.

Hugs,

asta
February 9th, 2014, 05:03 PM
Prayers for a safe and healthy delivery.

bakermom
February 9th, 2014, 05:17 PM
Aw, it must be scary for your GD. She'll be in my prayers.

For what it's worth, I was in labor more than 24 hrs with my first, but things decided to move, they moved fast- 2-3 pushes and she was here. SHE(DD1) had the same experience with her first, dragging on labor then BOOM! here's your baby!

Mpyles
February 9th, 2014, 05:25 PM
Aww poor girl, I can relate...after a whole day there who wouldn't need prayers. Prayers for progression and a healthy baby and momma!

auntiemern
February 9th, 2014, 05:59 PM
Awe honey, so sorry to hear she is having such a hard time. It has to be wearing on everyone. Prayers for calmness for mom, and those helping out. Praying Ezra makes his appearance soon, and his healthy. Love and hugs to all of you.

GrammaBabs
February 9th, 2014, 06:03 PM
so hard feeling so helpless,, I know... it's a tuff thing for a young gal.. I pray God sends her the strength and peace you all need right now!!! Barbara

Susann
February 9th, 2014, 06:21 PM
Oh, poor mom to be!! Keeping her and little one in my prayers.

Genny
February 9th, 2014, 06:24 PM
I'm keeping all of you in my prayers. Hope the little one is born soon.

ncgrammie
February 9th, 2014, 06:54 PM
Prayers for safety for mama and baby and peace of mind for family. I was in transition for 7&1/2 hours with son#1. We didn’t think he would ever come. I hope your grandbaby is born very soon.

Bubby
February 9th, 2014, 06:56 PM
I'm praying for her and the baby. Keep us updated. Hugs, Barb

PeggyM
February 9th, 2014, 06:57 PM
She's in my prayers.

SuzyQue
February 9th, 2014, 07:03 PM
Prayers continue here for a safe and healthy delivery for both Mama and little one! I know my labors progressed so slowly....I would be at 4 or less forever.....but once I hit 7-8......watch out and get ready! I usually only pushed once or twice. I can't imagine how hard this would be to wait and not be able to help. Your presence probably means a lot to those in stress. Hang in there and keep us posted, please!

Monique
February 9th, 2014, 08:09 PM
Sandy prayers indeed.

Jean Sewing Machine
February 9th, 2014, 08:30 PM
Hope everything goes OK, it's hard for young girls to experience these difficult situations. Prayers for all.

turena65
February 9th, 2014, 09:58 PM
Poor girl... if she isn't coping well, sounds like she might be a candidate for an epidural, if she doesn't already have one. Nothing worse than a prolonged labor and sleep deprivation, with pitocin to boot. At least with an epidural she can get some rest so that when it is time to push, she has the energy to do so...

BellasQuilts
February 9th, 2014, 10:43 PM
Praying hard the give her a shot to speed things up or do a c-section. Wish I could be there to hug you right now, Sandy!

Simply Quilting
February 10th, 2014, 12:45 AM
Praying for her, the baby, the family and the doctors that the baby can get here safely and soon.

dwil23
February 10th, 2014, 01:41 AM
Sandy, will keep your family and the medical staff in my prayers tonight. Please keep us updated as you are able.

(((HUGS)))

stationarymom
February 10th, 2014, 03:41 AM
oh i hope she has a safe and healthy delivery and baby. i was in labor with my first for a week because he was 2 mos. premature.so i hope she delivers soon.

easyquilts
February 10th, 2014, 08:25 AM
Prayers going up now...