PDA

View Full Version : It is a blessed Sunday!

Monique
February 9th, 2014, 10:32 AM
Oh Sunday, did you have to come so fast? Today is the 18th anniversary of a car accident I had. Left my right knee pretty damaged. It would have also been my father-in-law's birthday.

I hope that Sandy's great grandbaby makes a safe arrival today. I haven't heard anything yet. And I hope his momma can get herself out of the funk she is in. Prayers for Sandy and her family.

Hubby and I went to an auction sale yesterday. We came home with 3 pictures. One is signed by Vivian Flasch. I am trying to get some information about her. I don't think the print is priceless but it is certainly worth more than the price of $5 for all three. The other is a Mola Panama. Made from women in Panama. It looks similar to Haida art. It too is worth more but not priceless indeed. It is nice to know where these come from. We usually buy stuff and not know where it comes from.

I got into my sewing room and worked on the square in a square quilt. It is coming along nicely.

I guess I will work more on that today. The Scotties curling tournament is in finals today. I don't know if any of you follow curling at all. The gold medal game is on this evening. Should be an exciting game.

That is about all I have to say about that. Have a wonderful Sunday no matter what you do.

Bubby
February 9th, 2014, 10:50 AM
Good Morning,

It's going to be another slow day for us....yay! After we wake up I will make bacon and French toast for breakfast. This is a treat we have about one a month. Jeff is trying to lose some weight so I've been cooking high protein low fat lately, which goes against my country roots. A treat once in a while is allowed.

I think I'm going to have to go to the doctor for this URI I've had for two weeks. It's gone into my ear and my neck on that side is really sore and swollen. Jeff is pretty much over his URI but he's still real tired.

My DD made it safely back to New Mexico. She will drive back to California in about a week. Thank you to everyone who prayed for her trip.

Dottie took the plastic bolt covers off the toilets and hid them somewhere. I found one under her bed, but three others are missing. Today my mission is to locate them to make sure she didn't eat them. She's my problem child!

Wishing everyone a wonderful Sunday. Hugs.....

Mpyles
February 9th, 2014, 10:51 AM
Morning Monique,

I went to bed last night feeling less than myself and have awoken not feeling much better. Possibly the creeping crud...I dunno...maybe a trip back to bed will help. I intended to work on a wall hanging last night...but that didn't happen. Hoping to find some energy to get in there today. Today I am grateful to be at home.

I love all of the Olympics...will watch it all!
Everyone have a great Sunday!

PeggyM
February 9th, 2014, 10:57 AM
Happy Sunday. Monique, so glad you recovered from your accident. Thirty years ago today I lost my mother. She was only 53 and I was 25. She never got to see her grandbabies. I consider myself blessed to have lived long enough to at least have one (hopefully more.).

Ginny B
February 9th, 2014, 11:04 AM
Happy Sunday. Nice and sunny here right now -- but cold. We are expecting a bit of snow later on tonight though. No plans on going anywhere today. I will just make a batch of marinara sauce and we will have some ravioli for dinner today. I've got a Valentine's tablerunner to make and I would like to sit and work on my Feb. UFO for a bit. (it's a Christmas wallhanging that I am handquilting). I think it would be nice to sit and do that while watching the Olympics.

I stayed up until almost 1:00 watching the Olympics last night. I had a bunch of it recorded and then there was some on late last night that I watched for a bit -- just the figure skating part; then I had to close my eyes. I recorded the rest of that so I will catch up with that and see what other events are on today.

Monique, I only see curling when it's on during the Olympics. I enjoy it a lot. Barb, sorry you are feeling under the weather and good luck hunting for the hidden plastic bolt covers. Mary, hope you get to feeling more like yourself and that creeping crud just creeps away.

Ok, I've had my nice quiet cup of tea to start the day and now I think it's time for breakfast. Have a great day all.

Sandy Navas
February 9th, 2014, 11:22 AM
No news as yet this morning. Last night I talked to my DD and Amanda's contractions had stopped. They planned to let her rest and if she didn't 'restart' they were planning pitocin this morning . . . sure hope they don't wind up with a knife-happy OB . . . we have loads of confidence for her midwife though.

All along I had teased Amanda that Ezra would make his appearance on my Dad's birthday - if he were still living he'd be 101 today. Let's see how it goes, I'll post when I know more.

HandsOffItsMine
February 9th, 2014, 11:25 AM
Monique, we're blessed that you survived that accident! Love auctions, you never know what you might find. :)

Barb, get checked out by the doctor dear friend! Dottie's antics made me laugh. Our Ginger would do stuff like that.

Mary, snuggle back into bed, watch TV and let's hope you feel better by tomorrow.

(((Peggy))), know that your Mom is with you every day. My Mams joined your Mom 14 years ago and didn't get to see her "Baby" (GD Kat) get married and have her babies. I feel very blessed to have survived my cancer to see Kat get married and have 3 babies. You and I are very blessed Sister Mary Margaret! <3

Genevieve, I've missed all of the Olympics so far...better start taping some of it. Enjoy your tea...

Today, I must put away Cyber Elves donations and clean my house. Oy some how things have piled up over the last week.

Enjoy the day. Huggers, Ruby

buckeyequilter
February 9th, 2014, 12:00 PM
Good morning...

It's a snowy day here so good for catching up on some laundry and household chores. Then I will be finishing up my curtains and moving on to my next project. I didn't get the Maple Leaf quilt pinned on the frame, as planned yesterday, maybe today I will.

I am trying to only have 2 projects going at once. One in the house and one in my sewing room, I seem to be getting more accomplished by doing that. I have so many UFO's because I would start something and then see something else I wanted to try....well I'm trying to get rid of that habit. Maybe I will start a journal of ideas so I can write down what I would like to do and when I get my UFO's under control then I can look through that when I'm ready for a new project.

Well need to get some breakfast and get going. Have a great day! Prayers and hugs

MayinJerset
February 9th, 2014, 12:43 PM
Morning everyone although the morning is half over. Cable company has been doing some stuff overnight and I haven't been able to hang with the Night Owls but glad cable came back around 8 am.

Snow showers were predicated overnight and snow all day today but haven't seen a snowflake and that's good news. Our driveway is only half cleared and the sides and entry are frozen solid. Kind of a bumpy ride backing out to the street so we'll need some really warm temps to be able to clear the frozen stuff away.

Had toast, coffee and a doughnut (Sunday treat) around 8 and I'm still hungry but will just go to my sewing room until lunch time.
Besides sewing some blocks together I'll be picking out stuff to donate for the raffle baskets at my guild's show in May.

Everyone stay as warm as you can and off those icy roads, Hugs and prayers for all, May

easyquilts
February 9th, 2014, 12:57 PM
The weather kept me from church today.. I will watch Sunday Mass (EWTN app) at noon...

So I plan to do some sewing....I want go finish a Project Linus top.... My quilting group will be working on them at our Feb, 16th meeting..... Looking forward to that...

It's going to be a quiet day.... And that's OK.... There is a certain coziness that happens when I am snowed in....or in this case iced in.... Finn, the Chihuahua I used to have as my avatar,,,,is nestled under a piece of flannel, on my lap. They are both usually here.. I guess Spencer has found a warm spot somewhere....

Looking forward to hearing about little Ezra's arrival..... Wow....a great-grandbaby.....

Oh yes... I need to do some cleaning up in my bedroom.... Right now, it is a mess....and that is driving me crazy.....

Wishing everyone a blessed and peaceful Sunday.

buckeyequilter
February 9th, 2014, 01:07 PM
This is about how I feel right now...though I'm working on getting those UFO's under control:

lilmouse
February 9th, 2014, 01:23 PM
I currently have three projects going at one time and began them all about the same time.....work on one until I get tired of it and move on to the next one....and so on I go....then will have three to layer and quilt...one is a commission and needs to be done by March 1....I have a ways to go...first project up today....also have the usual household chores to do as well....want to hit the sale at JoAnn's as well and the bank...wonder how far I will get today and what gets pushed back until my days off mid week?
Hello to everyone.....Sandy hope that Ezra makes his appearance soon....I am sure Momma to be is anxious to see him as well.
Hope everyone has a great Sunday and will chat later...
Hugs and prayers for all!