PDA

View Full Version : Well......winter arrived :(

bubba
February 9th, 2014, 02:49 AM
Started snowing and blowing hard about two hours ago. Looked like a blizzard outside. The just announced a winter storm watch and by the time I go to work at 0600 tomorrow, the say six inches of snow on the ground. Now, I don't really like snow, but I really don't like that I can wear my boots because of my stupid foot! This is going to be c-o-l-d!!!

Last I looked out there is probably a couple already down and it's still dumping buckets. This is one of the worse times to have a job at 911!

Genny
February 9th, 2014, 02:55 AM
Its snowing here again too...dh will probably get called out again to plow and hes so tired. Hes had to work every weekend for the last 3 and has worked over 50 hours overtime since the beginning of January just plowing the county highways. Spring can't come fast enough...

buckeyequilter
February 9th, 2014, 03:01 AM
It's snowing here too. My daughter was coming home from work and was driving about 40 mph because the roads were slippery, well I guess she was driving too slow for someone and they passed her and then she watched them go in the ditch.

bkthomas
February 9th, 2014, 03:09 AM
It's snowing here too. My daughter was coming home from work and was driving about 40 mph because the roads were slippery, well I guess she was driving too slow for someone and they passed her and then she watched them go in the ditch.

Now that's Karma at it's best!!!

bubba
February 9th, 2014, 03:15 AM
I'm so glad I have an SUV w/four wheel drive!!! One of the few times I'll be using it come morning. Nice to have when I need it!

dwil23
February 9th, 2014, 06:46 AM
You all stay safe out there! Please.

Better to be late than not make it at all. I had someone pass me in the pouring rain the other day by going into a turn lane on my right and then cutting back sharply in front of me. I caught up to him at the next light. And the next. And the next - where he turned. Why do people have to drive so carelessly? He did not make it any faster than he would have if he had stayed at a reasonable speed.

turena65
February 9th, 2014, 06:52 AM
Winter has finally arrived here on the Oregon Coast as well... we don't get snow very often, every few years and only an inch or two at that... right now we have several inches and freezing rain on top of it so it's a solid sheet of ice out there... school cancelled and most businesses closed because of it... the city of Portland has basically shut down... yikers! We aren't used to this kind of weather!

RFREE
February 9th, 2014, 10:15 AM
We missed school all last week due to mostly ice. Then we got a little snow Friday night and I got up this morning to find out it is snowing again. I got out yesterday and one lady was complaining because schools were out but I told her I would rather keep my child off the roads as to risk her getting hurt or killed being on a school bus. The way some people drive today;with the distraction of cell phones and all; to me it just isn't worth it. You wouldn't believe how many people will pull out in front of a BIG yellow bus with no regards what so ever.When I started riding I was in shock how many times my driver had to brake or ever swerve to prevent a collision due to some idiot not watching or caring what they are doing. Just makes me sick to think about it.
So we make this time up in the spring/summer so be it. I'm good with that.

Bubby
February 9th, 2014, 10:53 AM
Whatever you do be careful and stay warm. This is the worst winter I remember in quite a few years. We are supposed to get more snow later today.

quiltingtrish
February 9th, 2014, 12:03 PM
Donna - why do people do that? Plain and simple - because they are an idiot with a drivers license. I had someone pass me on the right flying by and he ended up in an accident further down the road. Did I feel bad for him? No.

Hugs,

bubba
February 9th, 2014, 12:06 PM
Schools are already closed here tomorrow. I know that a lot of times, they don't close because of the snow, the close because of the cold. They simply can't get the schools warm enough for the kids to be in....especially the older ones, of which our city has several. My youngest grandboy is in the Portland area now, so it will be interesting to see if he is back up here by Tuesday for school.

easyquilts
February 9th, 2014, 01:25 PM
Started snowing and blowing hard about two hours ago. Looked like a blizzard outside. The just announced a winter storm watch and by the time I go to work at 0600 tomorrow, the say six inches of snow on the ground. Now, I don't really like snow, but I really don't like that I can wear my boots because of my stupid foot! This is going to be c-o-l-d!!!

Last I looked out there is probably a couple already down and it's still dumping buckets. This is one of the worse times to have a job at 911!

I think Winter has decided to stay here... The snow and ice have kept me pretty much housebound most of the past two or three weeks... Winter be gone!

rebeccas-sewing
February 9th, 2014, 02:10 PM
Here in Orange County we just keep hoping for more rain, more rain, more rain. At least they've been having some snow up in the mountains. That's a good thing for us. Keep it coming. I was actually watching a blurb on the news about possibly having to treat sewer water to be drinkable and sea water too. Gosh, I sure hope it doesn't come to that. Just the thought of it makes my stomach turn.

bubba
February 9th, 2014, 02:11 PM
I have to say, this winter weather is making the natives restless. Only been here two hours and have dispatched mostly domestics!!! People are stupid, but I guess that is what makes for job security....

Kat 2
February 9th, 2014, 04:44 PM
We seem to get a little snow or ice everyday here in my part of Ky.

I agree with you RFREE, my grandkids ride the school bus and in our part of Ky we have a lot roads that are very hilly.

All I can say is that I'm OVER winter this year and will be very happy to see spring come.

I laughed and told my kids to remind me of what a rotten winter we had this year if I whine that it is too hot this summer.

JCY
February 10th, 2014, 12:31 AM
They got 4" in Sumner, WA where my son lives. He sent a pic from his cell phone. It rarely snows there. We still have several in. on the ground here. Temps. have moderated from the single digits & below 0 to 20's. They say it might be close to 60 by the wk.-end. It's about time! JCY

bubba
February 10th, 2014, 12:39 AM
Yep, they got it worse down there. People were leaving their cars and walking home because of all the hills out in the valley.