PDA

View Full Version : Happy Saturday Evening

Ginny B
February 8th, 2014, 09:37 PM
Didn't get on here this morning for the Good Morning post because we headed up to Connecticut for the day. Got my craft booth set up for spring, wandered about Niantic for a bit, headed back down towards home with a stop at Hobby Lobby. Got some fabric there for a Valentine's table runner for a co-worker, some new scissors and then stopped for an early dinner at Cracker Barrel on the way home.

Now I am settled in on the couch and watching the Olympic Opening Ceremonies. I recorded them last night because I was getting everything finished up and packed up. I'll be recording the events from tonight and catching up with them either later or tomorrow.

Hope everyone had a wonderful day today.

quiltingtrish
February 8th, 2014, 10:27 PM
I saw some of the opening ceremonies from last night - just beautiful.
Spent my day painting around 2 doorways and 2 windows in my new quilt room. We got the Kilz (?) put on and tomorrow we will put the white paint on all of it. Then I can start vacuuming the books, and everything else that was left in the room when DH was working there. Then I can start to organize everything. I knew I had a lot, but wow - I have a lot! It will be nice to have it all in one area. He started the room in November sometime and has gone all out to make it nice. I will have to get a photo of it when things are arranged.
And I have chosen a name for it! The Cotton Patch.

Hugs,

Miss Sheri
February 9th, 2014, 01:07 AM
Ginny, it sounds like you have been really busy, but it sounds like it was a fun day all the same.

Trish, I like the name "The Cotton Patch" for your sewing room!

I put ribs in the smoker, and have been finishing the 'Big Stitch" hand quilting of my King Sized Quilt for my bed. Now I'm ready to cut the binding strips. . . my goal is to have it on the bed by Valentines Day, I think I may actually make it.

Hugs to all, Sheri

Granny Judy
February 9th, 2014, 07:00 AM
I'm hoping the Night owl's will show up here soon.. I went to bed too early and now I'm wide awake.. Love this getting old stuff. At least I am retired and won't be suffering thro a day of dealing with others with a smile on my face.. (that is what I used to call my job/work) I was a nurse in my "former" life.

I did spend some time surfing the net and found the perfect backing fabric for my Ghastlie top. I'm sending it out to be quilted.. too big for me to wrestle thru the home machine.

Ribs sound sooo yummy!! And I love the name Trish gave her "room".

Trying to decide what my next project should be. I get a little side tracked with my other hobbies.. paper crafting, cards and scrapbooks. Rubber stamping and punch art.. Crochet and knitting tons of leg warmers, shawls, scarves and hats (esp during the cold weather). Maybe just a few more cards since I have some new punches to play with..

Ginny B
February 9th, 2014, 10:21 AM
Trish, I love the name for your room. It's perfect. Can't wait to see some pictures. Sheri, don't forget to show us your finished project. Sounds like you are well on your way to having it done in time for Valentine's Day.

Judy, thanks for the reminder that I need to make a few cards myself for birthday's this month --- and also to take my heart punch and put it in my purse for someone at work who asked to borrow it.

MayinJerset
February 9th, 2014, 12:01 PM
Judy wanted to hang out with some Night Owls last night but our cable was out again overnight. That's the 3rd night in a row that they have done that and they better cut it out as all I could do was play solitaire and that can get boring pretty fast. Gave up and watched some TV while reading latest book for my book/quilt group.