PDA

View Full Version : Olympic disgust

Hulamoon
February 8th, 2014, 02:55 PM
I heard this story and didn't want to believe it..

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/06/sports/olympics/racing-to-save-dogs-roaming-around-sochi.html?_r=0

dwil23
February 8th, 2014, 03:28 PM
That is awful. It is heartbreaking what people do to innocent animals (not to mention innocent people). Rescue work is never done.

Hulamoon
February 9th, 2014, 03:35 AM
I can't believe 170 people clicked on this post and didn't comment on how horrible this is.

Thank you Donna

Madeforyouinma11
February 9th, 2014, 04:02 AM
We had heard something about this before the Olympics started and I was horrified. They said that they were leaving them in the streets until someone else came to pick them up. It's so sad to think that it's because of the Olympics that most of these animals are left homeless and in danger.

goofyizzy
February 9th, 2014, 05:07 AM
This is a very sad story.

ren29
February 9th, 2014, 05:09 AM
It is terrible on several levels. The "rescue" is barely a rescue because, from the story I read a few days ago, the facility has no food for the dogs. Recently, I saw photos of stray dogs making their way to some of the athletic courses/fields/arenas and there is concern about them disrupting the competition or even attacking the athletes. Poor dogs.

redcaboose1717
February 9th, 2014, 05:59 AM
I clicked on this, and while I thinks this is terrible for the dogs, I honestly think that there's a lot more to be concerned ( don't get me wrong, I love animals ) over....especially with the things that are going on with the athletes....Come on, they can't use the water ? Not even for washing their face ?
As someone on the Today show said....The Russians had 4 yrs to get ready for this.....and this is what our athletes are subjected to ? How said that is.

Karena1984
February 9th, 2014, 09:05 AM
That's terrible! I have a habit of trying to take in every stray that I see! I can't stand people who would just kill a dog just because it's in the way!

RFREE
February 9th, 2014, 10:03 AM
Some people really disgust me. I am a firm believer in what goes around comes around. So very sad.

easyquilts
February 9th, 2014, 10:10 AM
I think this....and the deplorable conditions facing visitors and athletes are perfect examples of how Russia operates,,,, there really is no reformed Russia.... They had four years to prepare for the Olympics.... They should be embarrassed.... And ashamed.

I question the wisdom of those who made the decision to have the Olympics in Russia.....

Those poor dogs..... And it is sad that people were forced out of their homes for the sake of what is, in reality, just a sports event... A big one, to be sure, but all the same....

Mpyles
February 9th, 2014, 10:56 AM
It is just saddening what some will do.

PeggyM
February 9th, 2014, 11:02 AM
Terrible conditions all around. Poor doggies. All of my animals have been "special needs" rescues. My Patrick only has one eye. He's the sweetest dog.

Jess1377
February 9th, 2014, 11:46 AM
In addition to the human rights violations in Russia... (edit) however they are not violations in Russia unfortunately.