PDA

View Full Version : Thank you all again...

easyquilts
February 8th, 2014, 07:53 AM
My husband passed away a month ago....on January 8th. It's still very hard for me to "get" that he actually died... I knew it was coming... Just not that day... I thought we had a little more time...

Anyway, I want to thank everyone on this forum for your loving support.... Your kind words have been la real comfort to me.

Some have expressed sadness that the forum is not the kind, welcoming place it once was.... I have found the forum to be a loving, supportive place. I come here every day, and am always glad I did.

God bless you all....

bkthomas
February 8th, 2014, 08:47 AM
Sandy, It is good to hear from you and you sound like you are doing fine....I hope that to be the case.....this is a really great forum and I know it is a part of our everyday lives!
Just continue to come here and talk to us when-ever you like. There will always be someone here with a kind word, a prayer and even some funny stuff!

Jean Sewing Machine
February 8th, 2014, 09:00 AM
Sandy, it seems like things get testy here over the littlest things, and for those like you who have suffered great loss, we hope to be here to support you and lift you up in prayer? One month has gone b for you to try to redefine and redirect your life as a widow, that's not very long. Others may want to see you get " back to normal". Well, you have to figure out a whole new normal. My neighbor who lost his wife several years ago kept saying that, he was getting used to a new normal.

I'm so glad you got a chance to go to the quilt retreat, even if it was shortened by bad weather. It's part of looking forward, which is important, I think! You seem to be using quilting as a healing activity! Stick with it and remember your friends here want to be there for you!

bonniebella
February 8th, 2014, 09:05 AM
I am relatively new to this forum but so far have found the people on it so supportive of each other, a real community. I am so glad to have found it. The forum is the first thing I look at each day.
Hugs to you Sandy, with each month that passes the pain of your loss will ease a little bit.

Mpyles
February 8th, 2014, 09:38 AM
Aww sandy! Hugs to you! I know it must be hard to adapt...I am so glad you have this forum to come to! Blessings and prayers for you!

dwil23
February 8th, 2014, 09:45 AM
(((HUGS)))

Monique
February 8th, 2014, 09:57 AM
I have not been in your shoes but I will certainly lend an ear or a shoulder when you need it.

PeggyM
February 8th, 2014, 10:02 AM
It's a year of firsts for you. We're all here for you, day or night, if you ever need anything. ((Hugs))

Jess1377
February 8th, 2014, 10:04 AM
(((Sandy)))

Bubby
February 8th, 2014, 10:08 AM
I know you are walking in shoes that don't feel quite right yet. Take your time and be kind to yourself. We're here for you with hugs, prayers and support. (((Hugs)))

grannyann
February 8th, 2014, 10:11 AM
All I can say is we can't take away the sorrow or the times you are so lonesome and missing him but we are here to listen and encourage you and pray for you. And I thank you for your thoughts and prayers for Jesse and his family while you are still going through your time of mourning. Hugs Ann

quiltingtrish
February 8th, 2014, 10:14 AM
((((((((((HUGS))))))))))

MayinJerset
February 8th, 2014, 12:00 PM
Sandy, Keep popping in to let us know how you are doing or just to say "Hello" as you find your "new normal" like Jean said. I'll pass the 'new normal' advice along to DS#1, he's 58 and lost his 56 yr. old wife a few months ago. Like your situation they knew it wouldn't be long but they had been kayaking 2 days before she suddenly left us. Keeping you in my prayers.

GrammaBabs
February 8th, 2014, 12:08 PM
Hi Sandy... This forum is and always will be the place to come to fill a day or find an answer to so many of your questions... Perfect, of course not,, we all know that's a myth!!!LOL But from the Doan's who have built this wonderful place and grown their dream including us all... to those of us that have been here from day one (I think I may be one).. you will never find a nicer group.. We are always here!! Trying to be our best! As for the new normal.. I've made a few "beginnings" over the years,, some easy, some not so easy, but with faith and patience, we find our way... Hugs, Barbara :)

ilive2craft2
February 8th, 2014, 12:14 PM
Sandy, I am glad that the forum has been a happy place for you to go for distraction or for support or whatever. You are traveling an unknown road at the moment and that is unsettling even when you know it is going to happen. At some point your new road will just become the road you are on and not seem so new. Hugs and prayers, Lisa

Iris Girl
February 8th, 2014, 12:22 PM
Sandy (((HUGS))) we are all here for you. Sometimes it gets testy here , but all in all it is a wonderful place to share and get comfort as well as give it. We have had some storm off testily and a lot of newcomers. I hope all the newcomers see thru the bad and see the good that is here, Such a collective of wonderful caring and knowledgeable people.

Lilly
February 8th, 2014, 01:40 PM
Sandy, I can't even imagine the deep sadness you must feel but I'm so glad you have the forum to look forward to every day. Take all the time you need to venture into your new life. Be kind to yourself and come here often and keep us posted when you need a hug or a prayer.

Susann
February 8th, 2014, 02:21 PM
{{{{{{Hugs with tears in my eyes for your loss}}}}}}}}

Sew Perfect
February 8th, 2014, 02:26 PM
My husband passed away a month ago....on January 8th. It's still very hard for me to "get" that he actually died... I knew it was coming... Just not that day... I thought we had a little more time...

Anyway, I want to thank everyone on this forum for your loving support.... Your kind words have been la real comfort to me.

Some have expressed sadness that the forum is not the kind, welcoming place it once was.... I have found the forum to be a loving, supportive place. I come here every day, and am always glad I did.

God bless you all....

Still praying for you as well as for others on this forum. Even when I'm not here so much lately. One of the things about this forum, people pull together when they need to. We are all here for you.

Genny
February 8th, 2014, 03:59 PM

God bless you all....

Sandy I'm glad to see that you're here everyday and I pray that with time your days will get easier. I haven't been thru what you have so I can't say "it'll get better" but, for you, I sure pray that it does. Yes, at times, we do have our little squabbles on this forum but when push comes to shove we deeply care about our forum friends that's going thru sad and hard times. Hugs and prayers to you...Genny

Simply Quilting
February 8th, 2014, 09:48 PM
{{{{hugs}}}}

Miss Sheri
February 9th, 2014, 01:28 AM
Sweet Sandy, just sending my love, faith and prayers to you. So happy to call you friend. Hugs! ~Sheri

pcbatiks
February 9th, 2014, 01:33 AM
Sandy.......we are always happy to see you here on the forum......and glad that this group can bring you some comfort.