PDA

View Full Version : Copper Bracelets

Genny
February 8th, 2014, 01:01 AM
Does anyone on here wear the copper bracelets with the magnets for arthritis and if so do they help you? My hands have been hurting more then usual the last few weeks and my husband bought me one of the bracelets hoping it would help. Any thoughts on them, good or bad, would be appreciated.

MayinJerset
February 8th, 2014, 12:20 PM
Waiting with you to hear some news about them. If they do work I'll order a body bracelet. May in Jersey

Madeforyouinma11
February 8th, 2014, 12:23 PM
I don't have one...but I should. My sister has been wearing one for awhile now and notices a big difference in how she feels. Good luck!

SuzyQue
February 8th, 2014, 12:28 PM
My sister also swears by her magnetic bracelets. She not only wears one on each arm, but occasionally wears them on her ankles and I believe she puts them in her bed at night. I have tried them, but find them heavy to wear.

MRoy
February 8th, 2014, 12:28 PM
I've never used these bracelets but I'm interested in seeing what everyone says since both elbows are currently bothering me.

Bubby
February 8th, 2014, 01:02 PM
Jeff and I both bought one and we didn't notice any change in our arthritis.

Amarillo19
February 8th, 2014, 02:14 PM
I think they're like everything else. It works for some people and not for others. Best thing is get one and give it a try. Maybe you'll be one of the lucky ones.

Suzyq
February 8th, 2014, 02:31 PM
My hubby swears by those hematite magnetic stones...he buys that stretchy elastic from Joanne's and makes bracelets with the stones which come in all sizes and strengths. They have no effect on me, but there are articles on the net which explain their magnetic properties and how they help stiffness, etc.

Jewel
February 8th, 2014, 02:54 PM
My SIL wore one for a few days. She does a lot of cooking and it stuck to a pot and she recieved a burn where it was stuck to the pot, after that she didn't wear it anymore. That's all I have heard about them. Sorry not much help.
Jewel

Vonnie
February 8th, 2014, 03:40 PM
Does it have to touch your skin? I'm allergic to most metals.

Genny
February 8th, 2014, 03:49 PM
Thanks everyone! I'm wearing one of the bracelets right now and I'm going to get another one, the way I see it...it can't hurt...at least more then I already hurt. My hands have really been hurting this last month and my thumbs are really stiff.

Mimis-quilts
February 8th, 2014, 07:24 PM
My dad wore a copper bracelet for YEARS! He swore by it!

bdmsmith
February 9th, 2014, 01:49 AM
Thanks for posting this. I may give them a try because my hands and fingers have started to ache which is due to my new job but I'm wondering if this might alleviate some of the aching especially at night.

Suzyq
February 9th, 2014, 07:18 AM
Yes with the hematite bracelet, the stones have to be against your skin as the magnetism or iron whatever is in the stone, works with your internal magnetic energy. There is info on the web on the science of it all..If the bracelet fits snugly around your wrist, there's no way it can get caught on a pot, maybe it was a dangling one..