PDA

View Full Version : wonder if the baby came yet

grannyann
February 7th, 2014, 04:03 PM
I wonder if HandsomeRyan is a daddy yet. I haven't seen him post .

EmmaB
February 7th, 2014, 04:20 PM
From what I've read, sounds like he is going to be such a good daddy! Happy for them both.

Doloris
February 7th, 2014, 05:47 PM
last time he was in here he said something about electricity out at home. Hope its back on by now. Maybe troubles with internet too.
He should know we are all anxiously waiting for any word from him.

soul60s
February 7th, 2014, 05:58 PM
I miss him on here. Hope everything is okay with them.

grannyann
February 7th, 2014, 06:12 PM
I think we all adopted him on here. So like all mothers we fret and worry when we don't know what is going on. Sure hope they found a place to stay if the electric is off. I hear they are having a tough time getting the power back on out there because of the snow and ice and trees down. Sounds like a huge mess .

dwil23
February 7th, 2014, 06:24 PM
I was thinking of them today. Should be soon.

auntiemern
February 7th, 2014, 07:25 PM
He hasn't posted anything of FB yet either.

HandsomeRyan
February 7th, 2014, 09:16 PM
What a sweet post. It is nice to know that people think about me even when I'm not here giving bad quilting advice and making off-color jokes. ;)

I'm still alive but no baby yet. We have been homeless (living in hotels) due to an ice storm which took out power to our house early Wednesday. We live out in the country so we are on a well which means no water without power and our fireplace is not safe to burn wood in so no heat either. I enjoy camping from time to time but not with a very pregnant lady. I am happy to report that our power came back on about 4:30 local time and all seems to be back to normal.

We have another Dr. appointment on Monday morning assuming we don't have a baby this weekend. They have scheduled an induction for the 20th if little man has not arrived yet. I am skeptical that we'll make it that long.

Thanks for thinking of me and keeping me and more importantly my wife and our baby in your thoughts. I promise I'll get some pictures and "stats" posted here asap after he arrives.

I did finish the rainbow zig-zag quilt but the power went out before I got a picture and it is dark now, maybe tomorrow I'll post it.
My older brother and his wife received the double hourglass quilt we made for their baby and I believe they love it. I think everyone we have made quilts for have appreciated them but their reaction was one of the more excited.

grannyann
February 7th, 2014, 10:00 PM
I am so glad you are all ok. And glad you finally got your power back on. Thanks for letting us know you are all well.

KathyCrofoot
February 8th, 2014, 12:02 AM
I thought about Y'all Ryan when my client who lives near you said their power went out and the ice storm took out several trees on their property. Hoping for a warm and relaxing weekend for you both. Give Mrs. HandsomeRyan a hug from me!

CountryHut
February 8th, 2014, 12:20 AM
do you see some great off the grid projects in the near future . .

glad y'all are ok - nothing like being in your own surroundings when it so close to the Birth-day :)

I'm still alive but no baby yet. We have been homeless (living in hotels) due to an ice storm which took out power to our house early Wednesday. We live out in the country so we are on a well which means no water without power and our fireplace is not safe to burn wood in so no heat either.

Simply Quilting
February 8th, 2014, 12:32 AM
Ryan, glad you have power back on. I'm very thankful that it happened before the baby not after. We dealt with an ice storm in 2007 that left us without power/heat and had a 15 month old, a 3 year old and 6 year old and added to that I was on crutches. I never want to go through that again.

stationarymom
February 8th, 2014, 04:04 AM
glad to hear that all is well at your home. you need to take your wife for a good bumpy ride or something like that.

snippet
February 8th, 2014, 04:24 AM
Glad to hear y'all are doing well and you now have power. It would be dangerous to bring Sawyer home to a cold house.

I was two weeks late with my first baby (1 week late with my 2nd). The doctor scheduled an induction but the hospital wouldn't take us because all their beds were full (there was a storm that week). So we went home :( and waited for a call from the doctor to tell us they had space. We waited three days. I went into labor on the third day so the hospital had to let me in. What an ordeal.

Mpyles
February 8th, 2014, 07:02 AM
Good to hear all is well...I was wondering if I had one the delivery date pool...but seeing how it's the 8th...nope I didn't win.... Well you all take care down there!

GrammaBabs
February 9th, 2014, 01:28 PM
thanks for posting and letting us know that you and Tabatha are ok.... I'm sitting here smiling, thinking of you both and the new chapter of your life that is about to begin!!!:)GB