PDA

View Full Version : Aahh, It's Friday!

Blondie
February 7th, 2014, 08:01 AM

It's Friday Folksies!

Even though many peeps work on Friday, just think of all the anticipation that everyone feels. It starts out as a kid when you are in school. No more teachers, no more books. Then you got to be a teen and it was Friday night football and Saturday date night. As a college student, it was party ON. As an adult, it was the time you could sleep in. Maybe you didn't do all those things. Sometimes I did and sometimes I wasn't able to - like sleep in. I still don't sleep in very often at all, I still work on Saturday but I still like High School Football. Heckfire shoot, we are on a rotation schedule at my house as to which school game we will go to - will it be the Dan River Wildcats or the Eden Panthers? Some things though, just never change. I look forward to the weekend. The Luscious One is home then, he saunters across the road these days on Saturday mornings and visits with some of my clients who are his favorites. They even give him a Christmas gift and he never disappoints them with his own handmade pepper relish.

Okay, so what are your plans for the weekend? After work, I am going to gather some things together and stay with sis and mom for a girls sleep in. Of course, that means my Big Man will also be there, although he never participates in our yahtzee frenzie or games of rummy with the old Card Shark, also known as Mom. Sunday will be our real day of worship and rest. The most work we will do will be to gather more wood for another round of weather we are expecting next week. I know my life sounds boring. I will take boring over hospitals, skilled nursing centers any weekend. It feels good to be getting back to normal - what the heckfire shoot is normal anyway?

Have a wonderful weekend folksies! Be happy you are on this side of the ground, that you can complain about the weather. Take some time to remember those among us who are less fortunate and for goodness sakes! Don't forget to SMILE!

EnumclawGramma
February 7th, 2014, 08:27 AM

Morning! Just wanted to be the first to greet you today Blondie! Now off to read your post!

EnumclawGramma
February 7th, 2014, 08:38 AM
Ok, I'm back!
Gooooood Morning and Happy Friday! I slept till 2 and that's awesome and I'm taking it! I got up and checked the daily deal and lo' and behold a new tutorial! My wheels got to turning and so now there's an adorable charm pack (or two, but don't repeat that)on it's way to me and I've got an itch to sew! I went and turned the heat on in my sewing room and there's a baby quilt on my machine waiting to be finished. Soon as I'm done here I'm taking my coffee and heading in there.

My man came out a minute ago with his work laptop and emailed his boss that he's staying home. I LOVE unplanned days off! It's such a treat to have a bonus day with him. Sweet sweet! He'll watch cooking shows and I'll sew, but just hanging out together is wonderful. We're both fighting the crud that's going around, I mostly feel like I'm winning, and Thanking God daily for that. I've seen it, and it isn't pretty!

It snowed here just a bit last night! It looks more like a thick frost. We're expecting more tomorrow and thru the weekend. The wind and cold temps here have been unreal. Worst I've seen in years. The wind cuts right through you, and when you're at the store you can't get home fast enough. Spring....you ARE on your way, right?

Blondie, waiting for normal? You know life has taught us that THIS MOMENT....is our normal! Subject to change, of course! Love you GF and your evening with the girls sounds like bliss! Have fun!

That's it from my corner of the world. (for now) I'm sending Prayers/Hugs for whoever wants/needs.......reach out and grab em, there's more where these came from! Have a wonderful day all.....

EmmaB
February 7th, 2014, 08:39 AM
WooHoo! Last day of the work week. I just love it.

I'm hoping for a quiet weekend with my sewing machine. I'm embarrassed to say that I got it the first part of January and it is still in the box!! After I got it, things started happening and I didn't have a lot of time to just sit down with it. So that is my plan. I'm also looking forward to the Beatles special that will be on CBS this Sunday. I think my DD is a little excited about it also. We were discussing the show the other night and talked about what kind of music they would have come up with if they were all still around.

We are suppose to get another inch or two of snow tonight. Gettin a little weary of winter.

Have a great day everyone!

Bubby
February 7th, 2014, 08:59 AM
I love those sweet unexpected times with Jeff, too. He stayed home three days this week sick, but he's good company even when he's sick. Me, not so much. I like to be left alone when I'm sick and I'll come back around when I'm well. Always been that way.

My DD is driving from California to New Mexico today and I would appreciate your prayers for a safe journey. This time she will be alone, so I will be on the phone with her most of the day.

I'm having trouble with the tooth the endodontist did a root canal on and my dentist later put a permanent filling in. Every time I bend over I have a lot of pressure in that one tooth.

Wishing everyone a wonderful Friday and a great weekend. Stay safe...

dwil23
February 7th, 2014, 09:19 AM
Good Morning, everyone!

Unfortunately for me, Friday is NOT the day I look forward to. Mine is Wednesday. Friday night means back to work. It means the day that I finally feel like I'm half alive and can get some things accomplished, I should stop by mid afternoon and take a nap. Oldest DD has got the crud, too, but has to go to work today as her boss already called yesterday and said she wouldn't be there. Tried to talk her into getting up and going to a walk-in clinic but I see she has chosen to sleep instead. Oh well. You can lead a horse to water...

New house is officially a disaster area. :icon_shake: Hoping that the finishing touches will be put on my quilting room today so I can make some headway in there. Kitchen is almost done and then if we can get the washer and dryer out of the dining room and into the utility room, my handyman can put down the dining room floor, hang a couple of light fixtures, couple of odds and ends and then hopefully he will be done. For now. I just need a week or two to regroup, clean up, put some things away without tripping over tools and electrical cords running everywhere. Still so much to do. One thing I don't expect to find anytime soon is something called normal. Haven't seen it in years.

Bubby, will keep your daughter in my prayers for a safe journey - hoping you feel better, too.

shermur
February 7th, 2014, 09:28 AM
Mornin', Blondie! Good to see you posting that early morning welcome!

Hubby and I used to try our best to attend University of Missouri's homecoming games; we love college football! But the tickets have gotten so expensive now that the team is in the SEC.
Weekend plans? Well, this winter storm and too much snow this week puts a light damper on any plans away from the house. Getting out to do grocery shopping is a challenge. For whatever reason, it takes Lee's Summit forever to clear the streets; especially in the neighborhoods. Halona has had no school all this week. So, I plan to sew and quilt this whole weekend if I can get away with it!!!!

Jean Sewing Machine
February 7th, 2014, 09:37 AM
Good morning all! Donna, I don't envy you the "disaster area" episodes at all, but in a short while, it will all be nice and pretty and new and you'll have your nice new home to enjoy!

I got some sewing done yesterday, finished piecing my Irish Chain but it needs the borders, that will be today's job. I also started putting together the blocks for my Xs and Os quilt using the same fabric. That is going together easily, I've figured out a system of how to lay them out, and then move them to the sewing machine.

Speaking of sewing machines, my Janome 7700 is at the spa, with a bad motherboard that needs replacing. The whole machine may stay at the dealer, as I might trade it in on something else. I'm very frustrated by it. The dealer has a pretty good deal on the newest and bestest, and that might be what comes home with me. I need a heavy duty machine for my costume making, and life's too short to deal with frustrations, I've almost convinced myself to dip into the savings account and go for it. I'll let you know what happens.

I'm going to try to finish the one quilt today or get really close to being finished with it. I have a busy weekend with two shows I'm going to see, one is a kids show Saturday and then a grown up show Sunday, so each of those days will be divided up by events in the middle of the day.

It's still very cold here, near zero, as long as we don't have outdoor activities that need to be done. The driveway is almost clean, thanks to Mr. Sun doing his best to melt stuff yesterday, and hopefully today, he will continue his work and get the rest of the ice melted for us.

Hope you all have a great day. Libby, love it that you joined the morning convo! We miss you when you aren't here. And I'm so glad the alien abduction of Sandy Navas has brought her back to us, what did they do to that girl while she was on her intergalactic trip? Only time will tell!

Mpyles
February 7th, 2014, 10:12 AM
Good morning all! Ya...Fridays aren't much to me either...beginning of a busy weekend at work. Saturdays though...they are my Friday. Today's I have a meeting with a young man at my location to promote him...thinking he will do well. Then it's off to another location where food costs are high and for the life of me I cannot find why...have a staff meeting there. Usually when costs get as high as they are there...someone is being less than honest. The location in Lebanon has settled into a nice steady beat..so knock on wood...hate the drive so the less I have to go there the happier I am. Yesterday I cleaned...sorely needed around here. Then I went into my sewing room and produced some women's ties. We have to wear ties at work...and I refuse to wear a male one. Just don't like the look...I am 5'1/2" tall and a man's tie on me...ridiculous! Anyhow there are a couple other ladies around the company that don't like them either so I made us some new ones.

Blondie enjoy your peaceful weekend!! Libby enjoy your day with the hubs! Donna...I don't envy your work...but when it's done it will be so worth it! Barb..something isnt right with the tooth..call the dentist! Sometimes those root canals don't take. Jean..you are a whirlwind! A new machine...yay...everyone loves a new machine! Keep us posted! And as I often say when it comes to making decisions on money....you can't take it with you. If it's gonna make you happy and you have the money...go for it! Emma..enjoy your machine. Sherri...hope they get those streets cleared! Side roads here are rough but all the main roads are good.

Well everyone...off to another productive day!! Have a great day!! :icon_wave:

MRoy
February 7th, 2014, 10:33 AM
Good morning! There's nothing exciting here. Another winter storm with snow moving in tonight. I sewed the top of another donation quilt yesterday up to the point of adding borders. I'm not sure yet how I'll do those. I'm about to get all the UFO blocks I've made put together into UFO tops. It's time to practice my FMQ'ing more so I can try to quilt most of them myself.

There's no new info on the missing relative. Bradley's information has been added to the National Missing and Unidentified Persons Database (https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/23386). There's talk in the family of a blow-up between him and his mom during the Christmas holiday. I keep praying that he's okay and that he'll contact his sister, grandparents, a friend, etc. if he doesn't want to talk to his parents.

Mpyles
February 7th, 2014, 10:43 AM
Myrna, continued prayers for Jeffrey and your family.

MayinJerset
February 7th, 2014, 11:20 AM
Friday is usually just another day to me as I've been retired for quite a few years but it is always nice to look forward to the weekends. Nothing planned this weekend mostly because there is a thin layer of ice everywhere. If we don't get icy rain or snow DH and I will take a trip to the supermarket. Wow, with all the snow, below zero temps and icy roads we've had this winter that's what we consider a Big Weekend.

See that Jean is going to a kid's show this weekend. I miss going to the grandkid's shows and activities as 4 of mine are in their late 20's and early 30's. 4 still in school, one in out of state college but she doesn't do theatre any longer due to her heavy RN course load. 2 in high school (one in California and other in Mass) and grandson in 7th grade in Mass. so it is kind of difficult to attend their activities. Speaking of grandson his seems to be a wiz at math and his teachers want him to take the PSAT, which high school juinors take. Found out from DH's math professor that there's a program sponsored by Disney and if he has high scores he may get prizes or scholarships. Go Ben Go!

grannyann
February 7th, 2014, 11:29 AM
It is a very cold -8 and wind chill -18 here. So this Friday as I have most this week staying in.
Wishing Mother Nature would calm down and start being nice again.
Hope you all have a great week end. Blessings to all.

LynneLeavell
February 7th, 2014, 12:12 PM
Good morning all. My plan is to sew most of the weekend. My Grandsons will be with their daddy this weekend so we won't see much of our daughter. So there maybe some house cleaning (maybe not) but definately will be some sewing.

Stay warm and dry.

Claire Hallman
February 7th, 2014, 01:46 PM
Go for the gusto, Jean. So right about the can't take it with you phrase.
Nothing much going on here, retired for years, also, but the weekend does bring a chance to see the grand baby hopefully.
We have both had colds so we haven't seem the kids in a while, don't want to spread any yucky germs specially to my preggers DIL since meds are a no, no.
Have fun all, what ever you are doing.

Simply Quilting
February 7th, 2014, 03:01 PM
Morning!!! I'm finally getting around to getting on the internet today. I've been busy paying bills, working on the house and cataloging books that I picked up a while back. I am hoping to work on a planning a quilt and maybe start sewing on it sometime this evening.

It is bitter cold here but we have wonderful plans for this weekend. We celebrate our 17th anniversary on Saturday. To celebrate, we are going to renew our vows and go out to lunch. Then my hubby goes to work in the afternoon so nothing big is planned. It is going to be a very private affair as only us, our children and the minister will be there. The children and I are going to make a cake this afternoon.

We are hoping to take the children to the new Lego movie sometime this weekend. On Sunday the Children's Choir at church has a kickoff party for their spring musical so hubby and I are helping with the snack of apples and popcorn.

auntiemern
February 7th, 2014, 03:59 PM
Yes it is Friday. I have the kids after school til after midnight, then have them all day tomorrow. They have a b'day party to go to tomorrow for my great nephew. Chucky Cheese. I do NOT like that place, AT ALL.
While I love my DH, it is time for the lake to thaw out so he can go down there for a few days...to much togetherness...is not good in this household, lol.
Guess I am just in a funk after talking with DD @ midnight last night. She needed to talk to her momma, because she was sad, and having a hard time.
Gonna go read the other parts of the forum, before I go pick up my happy 'little' man.

kensington
February 7th, 2014, 04:12 PM
My husband just walked through the door in the middle of the day and scared me silly. But, I guess he took the afternoon off to take me to the Chiropractor because my rib is out and I am snowed in. LOL. No big plans for the weekend, other than getting my car out of the corn field where he put in in the snow and ice yesterday morning. He tried last night but "no go"... so he is having a tow truck come today sometime.

Such is life in the country I suppose. Have a great weekend all!