PDA

View Full Version : I'm such a bad mom :(

Hulamoon
February 6th, 2014, 09:08 PM
I was watching tv and an alert came on for flooding and it showed the date. Oh my gosh it's one of my dd's birthday's. I thought it was tomorrow! I need a hug. I feel awful :(

alliek
February 6th, 2014, 09:11 PM
Here's a hug ((((())))). Your her mom, you were there on her birthday when it really counted!! Don't beat yourself up, see the humor in it. Have a great day.

Kgrammiecaz
February 6th, 2014, 09:30 PM
Too funny. My daughters would be calling me if I did not text them happy birthday at 12:01 a.m. Lol.

I have one daughter that i even say happy birthday eve the day before. She starts talking about her birthday the day after the one she just had lol. She is precious

I am sure your daughter is fine with it. Hopefully she would eventually call you just to be sure all was ok

ilive2craft2
February 6th, 2014, 10:02 PM
Here you go:

Hope it helps - I am terrible with dates!

PeggyM
February 6th, 2014, 10:16 PM
Happy anniversary of giving birth. You didn't forget her birthday, you just didn't know what day it was.

Hulamoon
February 7th, 2014, 01:21 AM
I think I'm forgiven. I called and it was about 1:00. She was shopping for her BoyF's sisters baby shower. She is on another island and I just miss her so much. Sometimes I think I don't have kids anymore . :(

GuitarGramma
February 7th, 2014, 01:33 AM
I did virtually the same thing myself this year. It was my DD#3's birthday. She's always gotten somewhat "cheated" because DD#1 has a birthday, the next month DD#2 has a birthday, the very next month DD#4 has a birthday and then just a few days later, DD#3 has hers. I was always so tired by the fourth birthday that she didn't always get the best birthday parties.

Well this year I had to work through the weekend onto a Monday, then got off on Tuesday. So Tuesday felt like Monday and I was off a day for the entire week. Suddenly, at 9PM her time, I realized it was actually her birthday. I grabbed DH and we dialed her cell phone. We were so glad that she answered!

I had sent a card--you know, the kinds that isn't empty--so it turned out she didn't feel like we'd forgotten. But that was certainly a close call! Like your daughter, mine forgave me. We must have done something right raising them!

SallyO'Sews
February 7th, 2014, 02:19 PM
Want to know how bad I am? Two years ago, I was in the car with DS#8, who was smiling at his phone.
Me: "Who're you texting, Son?"
David: "My girlfriend is texting me."
Me: "Now why would she be texting you in the middle of the afternoon?"
David: "She wanted to wish me a happy 21st birthday."
Me: "OH, DAVID, I'M SO SORRY!!! I COMPLETELY FORGOT!!!!!"
David: "It's cool, Mom. Krystal's got it covered."

Happily, Krystal will become my 5th Daughter-in-Love this summer. So I guess I don't have to worry about his birthdays any more... :0

cyndiofthevortex
February 7th, 2014, 02:23 PM
I've done the same thing! My excuse is that I have too many kids to remember all their birthdays. They're lucky I remember their names!

Of course, I'd never let them forget my birthday. I start reminding them weeks in advance.