PDA

View Full Version : So thankful for my DH!

SallyO'Sews
February 5th, 2014, 11:56 PM
Okay, I'm a few hours early for Thursday's thanksgiving post, but I just need to brag on my sweetie a little bit.

Today is our DD#10's (she's our youngest) 17th birthday. My DH works about 100 hours a week, and usually the gift-buying is something I do; not that I mind - I love to get gifts for our loved ones. And not because he doesn't want to get things for our family members; he just NEVER has time to shop. Well, today, he spent about 3 hours (not all at once) shoveling the 12" of snow off our driveway just so he could go out and buy her some presents. He came back a few hours later with roses, a box of chocolates, and a necklace. I'm so proud of him, and think he did a great job!

TRLSRL72
February 5th, 2014, 11:59 PM
Aww that was so sweet.

auntiemern
February 6th, 2014, 12:27 AM
Wonderful DH, and dad.

Mpyles
February 6th, 2014, 12:29 AM
It is something that will truly stay with her forever! The thought really is what counts! Go dad!!

Kgrammiecaz
February 6th, 2014, 12:45 AM
Awesome dad for sure. And awesome hubby for shoveling the snow!!!

mary3100
February 6th, 2014, 09:33 AM
Thanks for sharing. What a sweetie pie. Mine will usually say happy birthday sometime that night before he goes to bed. So know how blessed you really are...

bdmsmith
February 6th, 2014, 06:59 PM
So sweet! She'll cherish it forever. What a great dad and DH.

Simply Quilting
February 6th, 2014, 07:24 PM
What a great gift for a sweet young lady :)

HandsOffItsMine
February 6th, 2014, 07:27 PM
What a beautiful girl and what a great dad/dh! Plus a clean driveway...what more could you ask for? ;)

GrammaBabs
February 6th, 2014, 07:28 PM
A true New Englander!!! :) You are one lucky family.. she's a doll.. did you say she is child number 10! Or am I reading this wrong... :)B

IBake
February 7th, 2014, 03:21 AM
Do you share?

SallyO'Sews
February 7th, 2014, 02:08 PM
A true New Englander!!! :) You are one lucky family.. she's a doll.. did you say she is child number 10! Or am I reading this wrong... :)B

Haha, GB!! DH was born here in CT, and the only time he lived anywhere else was the 4 years he spent at Bates College in Maine!

Yes, we are very blessed. And yes, Abi is our tenth child (yes, all from one marriage, and born one at a time), and the baby of the family. She will be off to Virginia for college in August. Wow, that was fast! :D

SallyO'Sews
February 7th, 2014, 02:10 PM
Do you share?

Umm, sorry IBake, but I think that would be frowned upon by the church where DH serves as pastor! :lol: