PDA

View Full Version : Should I feel guilty?

SallyO'Sews
February 5th, 2014, 01:08 PM
The snow here is bad enough that last night they canceled school for today, even at the area colleges.
My street has still not been plowed, and it's 11 a.m. Normally they would have made several passes by 8 or 9. So I emailed my boss and said I can't get there. It's only 5 miles from my house, but there's no way my minivan will make it through 10" of this stuff. He emailed me back and said he had no trouble on the road (he's a half-hour north of here, and they also had about a foot of snow) until he got to our town.

So today I've stayed in my nightie until now - gonna' go take a shower, get dressed, make a big pot of chili for the family (DS's # 4, 6, and 9 are out plowing/shoveling with their uncle's service), throw in a load or two of laundry, and SEW!!! :icon_bump:

And I'm wondering...

Should I feel bad that I feel so good? My boss is there at the office, and there is almost no one else there... my partner didn't make it in, and neither did the receptionist... Should I feel guilty?

Nah. :icon_heh:

SuzyQue
February 5th, 2014, 01:11 PM
No----but if you are like me, you will!

ilive2craft2
February 5th, 2014, 01:13 PM
Nope - you should not feel guilty at all. My husband's company is doing a late start at 11 and my school district closed today, but not the offices. We got the driveway shoveled, but have yet to see a plow. I can tell neighbors have made it out of the neighborhood.

My 1pm meeting got cancelled, so I just emailed that I was taking a vacation day. I think I need a nap after that shoveling!

Genny
February 5th, 2014, 01:35 PM
Should you feel guilty....NOPE! :D

EsGrandma
February 5th, 2014, 02:10 PM
No - don't feel guilty. I spent 3 1/2 hours one time (risking life and limb) to get to work and then they wanted us to go home 1/2 hour later - I was still shaking. Never forgot that - Stay home, make that chili, light a candle and quilt! Know that you will work double time when you make it back there.

pcbatiks
February 5th, 2014, 03:02 PM
Nope...........enjoy your day sewing! :)

WendyI
February 5th, 2014, 03:08 PM
Good for you for not feeling guilty! No one should risk their life for a job.

EmmaB
February 5th, 2014, 04:20 PM
Hope you are enjoying your day!!

bakermom
February 5th, 2014, 06:06 PM
Nope. no guilt here, although I would feel bad for my co-workers that were carrying the whole shebang alone. If it stays this bad here, i will walk into work tonight. I do that about once a winter when the roads are bad. it's about 1/4 mile and will take me 15/20 minutes.

SallyO'Sews
February 5th, 2014, 06:11 PM
Nope. no guilt here, although I would feel bad for my co-workers that were carrying the whole shebang alone. If it stays this bad here, i will walk into work tonight. I do that about once a winter when the roads are bad. it's about 1/4 mile and will take me 15/20 minutes.

Be careful, stay warm, and have some hot chocolate when you get there! Hope your boss/clients appreciate you.

maxwellthecat
February 5th, 2014, 10:47 PM
He is not a very nice boss if, he would want you to risk your life. I hope you have a wonderful day. DO NOT FEEL GUILTY!!!

bdmsmith
February 5th, 2014, 10:59 PM
Don't feel guilty at all! This is a rare chance to be home from work without being sick....normally when we stay home from work it's because someone is ill. Enjoy your time to get caught up on whatever you need to...cleaning, reading, sewing, sleeping.

Simply Quilting
February 5th, 2014, 11:49 PM
Hope you had a great day of sewing :) And don't feel guilty.

SallyO'Sews
February 6th, 2014, 12:02 AM
He is not a very nice boss if, he would want you to risk your life. I hope you have a wonderful day. DO NOT FEEL GUILTY!!!

Oh, I have a very nice - and understanding - boss! I am very blessed to be working for him. He has never raised his voice once in the ten years I've worked for him, and when I had a hard time coming back to work after cancer surgery, he was just as supportive as could be. Really a good guy. That said, I HAD A GREAT DAY, AND I DON'T FEEL GUILTY!! :D

auntiemern
February 6th, 2014, 12:25 AM
Nope, not at all.

easyquilts
February 6th, 2014, 02:10 AM
DO NOT FEEL GUILTY! I hope you enjoyed your day...

GuitarGramma
February 6th, 2014, 02:18 AM
Like you said, Nah!

This is what insurance companies call an Act of God. You can't help it that the snow was so heavy! It was an Act of God. So enjoy your day (and be glad you have electricity for that sewing machine, yes?)