PDA

View Full Version : carpal tunnel

HalfSquare
February 4th, 2014, 11:20 PM
Just had my stitches removed today from carpal tunnel surgery about 2 weeks ago. Looks kinda ugly, and wrist is still tender. BUT, I am not experiencing that numbness and pain in my thumb and fingers. Looking forward to being able to hand bind my quilts, and maybe get back to hand quilting. Anyone else have the surgery?

stationarymom
February 5th, 2014, 03:42 AM
i had the surgery years ago,and haven't had any problems since. good luck

vchale
February 5th, 2014, 04:56 AM
I had surgery on both my hands almost 7 yrs ago. My right hand was so bad the dr said the surgery would keep it from getting worse but didn't think it would get better. It did and I wish I hadn't waited so long. I don't have a lot of strength in that hand but no pain except from the arthritis. Hope you heal fast.

Blondie
February 5th, 2014, 08:19 AM
wishing you a really speedy recovery with no ill side effects. Once a quilter, always a quilter and I know it will feel wonderful to have needle and thread in hand once again.
Blondie

Bubby
February 5th, 2014, 08:36 AM
I had the surgery in 2002 and had good results. Now I have arthritis in that hand, which prevents me from hand quilting.

catmama635
February 5th, 2014, 09:04 AM
I had the surgery on both hands 9 years ago and no problems with that anymore...other problems but not that. The physical therapy afterwards was very helpful.

JCY
February 5th, 2014, 06:04 PM
Just don't get too frisky too soon! Take time to heal & get back into things slowly. You don't want to re-injure your wrists. JCY

mommadeb
February 5th, 2014, 06:44 PM
Yep. Three times in one year. Nov 2010, April 2011 and Nov 2011. My hands are great now. I'm so glad I had it done. I filet fish for my job and have no issues at all. Sewing is a breeze now.

Kateskloset
February 5th, 2014, 07:33 PM
Had both hands done at the same time...was the best thing...no problems at all since. Maybe a little, lifting heavy things. Good luck with yours.