PDA

View Full Version : Snow just

grannyann
February 4th, 2014, 04:43 PM
Just started falling here in Danville. Don't look very nice out there.
Stay warm and safe all getting hit with this storm.
My son who drives a truck for someone is suppose to go out on a run tonight but he don't want to. With all that has happen the last time around he is worried but not the boss. Maybe the boss will change his mind as the weather gets worse by 10:00 tonight.

bubba
February 4th, 2014, 06:32 PM
When I left to meet my husband for lunch, there were teeny tiny flakes falling. Thankfully, it has stopped, but the sky appears to be full of them!!!! I hope I won't be waking up to it tomorrow morning.

It could make a lot of Seahawks fans crazy if they are out freezing in the Super Bowl parade tomorrow up in Seattle....I'm sure they will show up anyway.

shermur
February 4th, 2014, 06:43 PM
Right now, we have at least 3 inches with a possibility of 1-3 more to come before 9 AM tomorrow. My husband is staying in a hotel close to his job per his company. I would like to think I am a strong, independent woman. But I will not try to clear this big drive way in this nasty cold weather.

mspepper
February 4th, 2014, 06:54 PM
No snow here today, (central MN), but boss said it is getting colder out.

Karena1984
February 4th, 2014, 06:56 PM
It here yesterday bad and mores coming tonight!! Snow I like but this ice that's coming tomorrow can go somewhere else!

Susann
February 4th, 2014, 07:05 PM
It started snowing here (north of Indianapolis) at 3:00. I just came in from shoveling 2 inches off the driveway. It's getting heavier as is gets later. Be careful driving out there!!

Lindagie
February 4th, 2014, 07:31 PM
We have several inches already; it started right before noon here and is supposed to continue all night. They keep changing the amt. we will get, so I'll just look out the window tomorrow and then I will know. The birds have really been busy at the feeders, so maybe we are getting a lot. I just hope we don't get the sleet/freezing rain that they are predicting for south of us. I can deal with snow; and it IS beautiful!

ilive2craft2
February 4th, 2014, 08:18 PM
It just started snowing here around 4:30. They have changed us from 5-8 to 6-9 inches by mid morning tomorrow, but supposed to stay all snow. Then of course, the wind is supposed to pick up. I am home and hopefully will not need to go anywhere tomorrow, if we get what they are saying.

Genny
February 4th, 2014, 08:27 PM
My husband just got home from plowing his county highway route and their orders are to go back out at 4am tomorrow morning so till then the snow will keep getting deeper and more dangerous on the county highways so heres hoping everyone that drives county highways will stay home where they're safe and warm.

Lilly
February 4th, 2014, 08:32 PM
Praying for your son, GrannyAnn! This has been a rough winter and I think the central states where you are have born the brunt of it. Horrible cold - like we have in MN - is nothing compared to to the ice etc that you all get. Stay safe Forum friends that are in the path of this. And keep us posted!

AuntieVic
February 4th, 2014, 09:01 PM
Snow here is Kansas from about 7:30 this morning and still coming down. It has lightened up some, but right now we have about 6 to 7 inches. Don't know if we will get more or not. I think I am going to head into the sewing machine and sew some material.

Bubby
February 4th, 2014, 09:05 PM
We got about 5 inches on top of ice. More on the way for the weekend.

Annette Ackley
February 4th, 2014, 10:41 PM
They say we are suppose to get up to 10 inches of snow starting sometime tonight. I hope it misses us. I see they got snow in down state Penna. I'm up in the mountains of Penna. near the NY state border line.

buckeyequilter
February 4th, 2014, 10:52 PM
It started snowing here, on my way home from work and it's still snowing. We're supposed to get 6 - 10" and looks like it has slowed down some but my daughter said during the night it's supposed to drop about 2" per hour for awhile. I told her I want to be up to see that...I know I'm not going to work tomorrow, already LOL.

quiltingtrish
February 4th, 2014, 10:53 PM
I'm 'down state PA'. About 30 minutes north of Harrisburg. We got about 5 inches yesterday (supposed to get 1 inch). Tonight we are to get 3-5 more and then ice on top of it by morning. The lady that gave me a ride home tonight said the plow plan is to NOT plow the snow but wait until the ice is done falling and then plow or they will not be able to deal with all the ice. I don't know. But I do know if we get all they are calling for, school will be closed and I will be downstairs removing all my fabric from my double sized gun cabinet and painting behind that. DH said we can also try to see how the longarm frame fits. The room is getting there. Now, if the electrician will just show up so we have light in there at night. I am giving him until the end of February and then we are calling someone else. Anywho - I am just waiting for that 'school is closed' phone call.

Hugs,

Doloris
February 4th, 2014, 10:58 PM
no snow here yet. we are supposed to get around 10" and ice and sleet. we seem to be right on the edge of the snow /sleet line. if it moves a little farther north we will get the ice and sleet, and if it goes a little farther south we will get the snow. Never thought I would be cheering for snow, but it's better than ice any day.

Mpyles
February 4th, 2014, 11:39 PM
We got about an inch where I live and 1 1/2 at work.

Judy, USMC
February 4th, 2014, 11:53 PM
In Chicago it started snowing earlier this evening. Just poked my head outside and we only have an inch. But I was supposed to leave Thursday to be on the road going south again. The weather between here & there is either too crummy now or will be soon. Looks like another week here in the frozen north.

Susann
February 5th, 2014, 12:44 AM
We've now had 6+ inches in the last 8 hours and shoveled three times already!!

PeggyM
February 5th, 2014, 12:50 AM
We're expecting ice any time now. Handsomeryan is just 20 minutes or so west of me. Hope baby Sawyer doesn't choose tonight to make his appearance.

shermur
February 5th, 2014, 01:31 AM
Snowmageden update......7.5 inches and still snowing. Hubby's company put him in a hotel near his work and I have no muscle here at the house to clear anything. It's supposed to continue snowing through the night and be WAY,WAY, WAY cold tomorrow morning. I can safely say...I see a vacation day in my near future from work, because I'm not driving in that deep of snow with all the idiots that didn't take Driver's Ed.....

Doloris
February 5th, 2014, 09:49 AM
we got about 4" overnight, and now I can hear the ice pellets hitting the windows. DH and the neighbor are out snow blowing the driveway for the next round. We have a small snowblower and it is on it's last legs, but the neighbor has a small tractor with a snowblower on the front and I hear him out there now. Got groceries yesterday and we are good to go. I do have a Dr's apt tomorrow morning, so hope things settle down by then. Fortunately the Dr office is only about a mile from home.
What a mess everything is!!!!!!!

Iris Girl
February 5th, 2014, 09:59 AM
It started here around 1am at 5:30 we had 6 inches , at 7:45 11 inches... Please make it stop!!!

from my front door67620

from my sewing room window at my car