PDA

View Full Version : Update on life.

mom4him
February 4th, 2014, 03:26 PM
It seems like it has been forever since I have been here but life once again has been major crazy.
Allen had his first knee replacement on the 23 of January and he is doing unbelievably well. He has been off all pai meds since day 2 posto. He takes Tylenol consistently but that is it. The narcotic pain meds totally whacked him out. He has gone from the walker to using a cane most of the time in the house and is independent in most things. He had the staples removed yesterday and tentatively scheduled his second surgery for the second week of March. It hasn't been a piece of cake for sure but once they took him off the narc. pain pills, he has plowed through.

Richards wound is healing great! It has gon from 4 cm deep to 1 cm deep in a little over 2 weeks. They have improved on the wound vac tremendously as I haven't had to do a repair once. That has been amazing!

I took Mariah to the ped neurologist just before Allen's surgery. He seemed sure that her vision loss IS from the tumor. We are going to start some cleansing things. She will have another MRI in August. Believing for it to show great impoverishment.

God has blessed us in so many ways. I stand in constant awe at His goodness.

We have had some heart aches mixed in. A very dear friend lost her baby. That has been so heart wrenching. She wanted this baby so much but has had to release him into the arms of her Jesus.

We have another friend that got tangled up in a power takeoff. He is alive but very broken up, in ICU in critical condition. It has been especially difficult for Richard as he works with his wife and this gentleman is Richard's right hand sound man Sundays. He loves them both so much, very difficult to watch. Here is a fundraiser that gives more info if anyone is interested. Let's Fix Jed! by Collin Duprel - GoFundMe (http://www.gofundme.com/letsfixjed)
It has been amazing to watch the fundraiser was set up yesterday and has already raised over 13,000. God is blessing in the midst of the hurt.
I pray all is well with everyone here.

pcbatiks
February 4th, 2014, 03:35 PM
Hi Sandy.........I was wondering about you this weekend. Good to hear from you. Glad your husbands knee surgery went well and that you son wound is improving. Will be praying for your daughter and the friends that you mentioned.

auntiemern
February 4th, 2014, 04:01 PM
Glad to hear most things are going well.

SallyO'Sews
February 4th, 2014, 04:18 PM
Thanks for checking in, Sandy. Please know that we miss you, but are keeping you in prayer, knowing that your plate is very full!
Blessings to you and yours, ~ Sally \0/

Bubby
February 4th, 2014, 04:30 PM
Good to hear from you. We miss you when you have to be away. Hugs, Barb

mom4him
February 4th, 2014, 10:08 PM
Thanks everyone. I do appreciate your thoughts and prayers.
I am looking forward to this being behind us and having more time for my machine.

I especially appreciate the prayers for Jed. My heart is so heavy for him.

dwil23
February 4th, 2014, 10:44 PM
Good to hear from you Sandy, I have been wondering how your husband's surgery went. Sounds like he is doing great! Has he started any therapy yet? Just tell him to take it slow when he does. GLad to hear Richard is improving and you may have some more info on Mariah. I will certainly keep both of your friends in prayer and check out the link.

Keep us posted!

HandsOffItsMine
February 4th, 2014, 11:12 PM
Glad to hear the family is doing better. Will continue everyone in my prayers and sending healing light.

Prayers for your friends, heart breaking. Strength to both families.

baslp
February 4th, 2014, 11:50 PM
Glad to hear that things are settling down for you and the family. Take care of yourself too!

mom4him
February 5th, 2014, 12:01 AM
Good to hear from you Sandy. I have been wondering how your husband's surgery went. Sounds like he is doing great! Has he started any therapy yet? Just tell him to take it slow when he does. GLad to hear Richard is improving and you may have some more info on Mariah. I will certainly keep both of your friends in prayer and check out the link.

Keep us posted!
Donna, he has started therapy. Actually, therapy was started the day after surgery, they sent him home with a page of exercises, and he then started seeing a therapist last Thursday an will see him twice a week for 5 weeks. I help him with the exercises at home twice a day. There doesn't seem to be a take it easy in my dh. LOL