PDA

View Full Version : January was a blur! Warning...This a little long

EmmaB
February 4th, 2014, 01:00 PM
When something happens in my life it all happens at once. Good, bad, mediocre...doesnít matter what it is it all gets rolled up into one big ball and hits me.

It all started Tuesday, January 7. DD went back to school (yay) and I was relishing in the quiet of my home that evening. My sister called me. She and her husband had booked a cruise for Jan. 19 through the 26th. Something came up and he canít go and she offers me his place. Heck yeah!!! Had to talk to my boss so Wednesday morning I talked with him and call sis, hech yeah itís on like donkey kong!! Only glitch, I need a passport. Yes, Iím 50 and donít have one. My BIL finds a fast passport service and we get started working on getting one right away. So Iím all excited and Wednesday Iím getting my passport pic taken at Walgreens and their developer is down but it will be ready by 4:00. Ended up going somewhere else on Thursday evening and also find out I have to go to a nearby town to the county clerk to fill out papers. The Sis picks me up Friday morning and on the way there phone call from my dd......

She needs a break and is coming home. Okay, I say and try to let that go. We get to the courthouse, my bf texts me ďcall me as soon as you get this messageĒ. I leave my sister to deal with paperwork at the counter and go in the hallway and call. Remember I was looking into the public administrator job? She tells me the county commission is looking for someone to help out. The present PAís health has taken a turn for the worse. After a whirlwind of phone calls I am set to meet with the commission on the 16th.

Days go by and during this time Iím dealing with my daughterís malaise and funk which include seeing counselors and a trip to her regular dr for possibly something to get her out of the funk. Sheís getting herself together. I meet with the commissioners Thursday morning all is well with my world. Friday morning comes. We are leaving for St. Louis this afternoon to fly out Saturday morning to Ft. Lauderdale. Iím at work, my bf calls....I had the job and then the PA passed away during the night and now there is a vacancy. Total different ball of wax. A call to my bf Friday night. The county clerk is waiting to hear from attorney general what all needs to be done. Then and there, I decide Iím going to deal with this when I get back since they know nothing.

Went on the cruise and had an awesome time. We docked in St. Martin, Grand Turks and San Juan. Long story short, St. Martin was my favorite (went to the butterfly farm), went to the rainforest at San Juan and laid on the beach at Grand Turks. Dramamine was my friend on our way to the different ports and I kept getting lost on the ship. Course I tend to et turned around in a closet. My sister and I decided to take a few yoga classes...um....did the first two but not the third (hee hee). Just had a grand time. Oh, and I met ďthat yoda guyĒ on St. Martin and he autographed a sketch of Chewbacah for my dd. She was thrilled with it.

My house was insanely messy when I dragged myself in there Sunday evening around 11:00. Clothes were everywhere, the kitchen was a mess and my daughter is asleep. I developed a cough Saturday night and by Sunday night it was getting worse. I drug myself to work Monday morning ended up leaving at noon and did not go in Tuesday. Kept myself doped up with Nyquil and in between sleeping listened to my dd whine and cry. And the pa job? It crept into my mind on and off the whole time I was cruisin. Used my sister as a sounding board and decided it was too much stress and responsibility. Presently, there are 54 clients. Can you imagine taking care of that many people? So Iím back to daydreaming about my future. To say the least, January was a wild ride.

Blondie
February 4th, 2014, 01:05 PM
And what a ride it was! Wow. I am ready for a nice long nap now.
Good to see you back - you were missed!

MayinJerset
February 4th, 2014, 01:48 PM
Wild ride indeed. Time to get yourself back in the groove and hope your bad cold is gone.

alliek
February 4th, 2014, 02:57 PM
Wow. You sure had an amazing January, I hope February brings good health and rest to all. Loved your experiences, thanks for sharing:)

Kgrammiecaz
February 4th, 2014, 03:25 PM
Wasn't the surprise cruise wonderful. My sister took me on one a couple years ago, because the person she was going with backed out. And I didn't even have to pay for the cruise. I was so so blessed. We had such a wonderful time.

Good to hear you did too. Sorry for all the craziness, but it will all work out in the end.

Now go rest up more and feel better.