PDA

View Full Version : Snowplows getting ready...

Genny
February 4th, 2014, 12:05 PM
We're under another winter storm warning. All over our county our snowplows are ready....I'M NOT!

SandyWhite
February 4th, 2014, 12:08 PM
Same in my area of the country.

shermur
February 4th, 2014, 12:20 PM
It's here, too!

grannyann
February 4th, 2014, 12:25 PM
I think Mother nature is really ticked off this winter and there is no calming her down I guess. We are waiting for it to start this afternoon. Hope it is not like that last one which was a horror for so many that lost loved ones on the roads.

buckeyequilter
February 4th, 2014, 12:38 PM
Same here and my boss said we're going to be open even in a Level 3....I just laughed and said you go right ahead, without me. If I have to call in tomorrow I am going to talk to him and tell him if he wants me there to come and get me. He lives in town......I live 15 miles away.....have to drive on a curvy, county highway and then get back to my house.

Jean Sewing Machine
February 4th, 2014, 12:43 PM
Same here, waiting, waiting, waiting,. Meanwhile I have cranky bored grandkids to deal with!

RFREE
February 4th, 2014, 12:50 PM
Same here. Sooo sick of winter this year. Winter storm warning from 12 noon today til 6 am wed. morning. I am iced in and I never wanted to go somewhere so bad in my life. Ha ha I am usually a homebody never wanting to go anywhere. And this internet connection is driving me nuts! Now you have it now you don't kinda thing!! GRRRRRRRRR

Bubby
February 4th, 2014, 01:50 PM
Our storm is hammering us right now. We have a lovely layer of ice and the snow is really coming down and sticking. The wind is pretty strong also. We're hunkered down to ride it out. The storm over the weekend is supposed to be worse than this one.

EmmaB
February 4th, 2014, 02:20 PM
Storm hasn't made its way to me yet but it's comin! Battin down the hatches everyone!

Sorry about the bored grankids Jean. It's one thing to be cooped up by yourself but a totally different story when there are bored kids involved.

Lindagie
February 4th, 2014, 05:32 PM
I was expecting snow later this afternoon, but it started around 11:45 and has been snowing ever since; a fine, heavy snow so far. Not sure what band we are in as the weather people keep changing the amts. to expect. guess I'll just wait and see what we end up with. It IS pretty, if nothing else!

shermur
February 4th, 2014, 05:41 PM
I went to work and left by 11:15 AM; the snow at that time had accumulated to 4". So, I will go to my sewing room!!!!

mspepper
February 4th, 2014, 06:12 PM
I think this one missed us!

Iris Girl
February 4th, 2014, 06:37 PM
Our winter storm warning is for 10pm tonight until 7pm weds night. 8 to 12 inches coming mixed with sleet and freezing rain. I will be home sewing tomorrow. AND dreaming for spring, right behind this one is another set for sunday with over a foot coming.

Simply Quilting
February 4th, 2014, 10:45 PM
In the middle of it right now of the snow storm. It does look pretty outside but I'm glad that I don't have to be out in it. I have been sewing most of the day. I know that the kids are ready to get outside but it is too cold. We are suppose to go to the city tomorrow - I told the lady when she called that it depended on how things looked tomorrow if we would make it. She said just to call if we could not.

Ginny B
February 4th, 2014, 11:59 PM
Waiting to get hit starting late tonight. We got about 9" yesterday and we will have to wait and see what we get tonight into tomorrow. This is supposed to have a bit of ice at the end of it. Yuck. But, I agree, it is very pretty out there right now. And wondering what this weekend will bring.

Be safe and warm everyone.