PDA

View Full Version : Not good news.....

Klasien
February 4th, 2014, 09:47 AM
Jan just got a call.......he did not get the job.....

I am sad right now and we don't know what to do next.......
Thanks for your support during this job hunt, we hope he finds something else soon....time is running out :(
This was the job he had 3 intervieuws for.......reason he did not get it: to old.....(54) well he was 54 when they met him......so unfair, we had such high hopes......

So sad......

GrammaBabs
February 4th, 2014, 09:55 AM
so sorry to hear this... I am praying for things to turn around for you very soon... hugs, from afar!!! B

Iris Girl
February 4th, 2014, 09:58 AM
So very sorry to hear this news. I know what you are going through. My hubby was out of work for 2 years before he got his current job. Talk about pulling in the purse strings. Have faith it will all work out it did for us. We still have a long haul back to right things after that long with no real income but one day at a time, stay positive.

dwil23
February 4th, 2014, 09:58 AM
So sorry. It always hurts so much when you are hoping for something that doesn't come through, especially a job that you need so badly. I am praying that something even better is right around the corner for you all.

Mpyles
February 4th, 2014, 10:00 AM
Continued prayers for jan that he might find work and for you too dear Klasien.

MRoy
February 4th, 2014, 10:08 AM
Prayers continuing for your family.

MayinJerset
February 4th, 2014, 10:08 AM
That is sad news but a least they called him with it, many times they don't bother to let the candidates know they weren't chosen. Know it is hard to do but you two need to keep the faith and we here will keep the prayers coming for some Good Luck knocking on your door soon.

Grandma G
February 4th, 2014, 10:19 AM
So sorry to hear this. I know it is a terrible disappointment for Jan. I will keep you both in my prayers that Jan finds something soon and also that it is a job he will enjoy.

Jean Sewing Machine
February 4th, 2014, 10:24 AM
I am so sorry to hear this, after he had such great hopes, and obviously was highly considered for the job. I hope something else shows up on the horizon and quickly. I'll be praying for you!

Shirley
February 4th, 2014, 10:36 AM
So very sorry, I was so in hopes he got the job. Hopefully there is something better in his future.

Mom23
February 4th, 2014, 10:41 AM
Oh Klasein, I am so sorry. I will pray something better comes up for Jan, and soon.

Bubby
February 4th, 2014, 11:25 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this, Klasien. I hope things turn around for Jan soon. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Hugs, Barb

Quiltlover
February 4th, 2014, 11:33 AM
If age really is the reason, they are just plain dumb. A person in his 50s has many productive, useful years ahead, is usually much more reliable than a kid out of college, has much more experience, etc. I think that is just an excuse they use. They are the losers. Hang in there. I know it is tough. We, too, have had to face some age discrimination and unemployment. Someone will recognize his skills and dependability. Keep the faith!!
Brenda

TRLSRL72
February 4th, 2014, 12:00 PM
Sorry to hear this. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Kgrammiecaz
February 4th, 2014, 12:05 PM
Age is what gives us our experience and expertise. I am so sorry to hear he did not get this position. I am sure he would have been an awesome addition to their team. I send blessings your way for that next opportunity to show up quickly.

Genny
February 4th, 2014, 12:10 PM
Jan just got a call.......he did not get the job.....

I am sad right now and we don't know what to do next.......
Thanks for your support during this job hunt, we hope he finds something else soon....time is running out :(
This was the job he had 3 intervieuws for.......reason he did not get it: to old.....(54) well he was 54 when they met him......so unfair, we had such high hopes......

So sad......

This really just sucks and I'm so sorry to hear it. Too old at 54?...this is ridiculous! When my daughter and her family moved back from Colorado she was turned down for a Teller Job at the bank because she had been a Supervisor at a large bank in Denver and she was told she had too much experience...are you kidding me...she didn't care, just like your husband...she needed a job!
I pray that your dh finds a job soon.

Simply Quilting
February 4th, 2014, 12:15 PM
So sorry. I will continue to pray.

HandsOffItsMine
February 4th, 2014, 12:36 PM
(((Jan and Klasien))) Sorry to hear this. It's seems to be the norm out there for us over 50. We're too expensive, too old, too experienced for many of the current hiring managers. Don and I have been dealing with this for the last 3 years. Sure hope that it's going to be easier for Jan in Holland.

Prayers for both of you...

Huggers, Ruby and Don

Cathy F
February 4th, 2014, 01:02 PM
Klasien, I'm so sorry to hear your news.

GinnyKNC
February 4th, 2014, 01:17 PM
:( So sorry. I can't believe they actually told him that he was too old!!! grrrrrrr

Jewel
February 4th, 2014, 02:51 PM
So sorry to hear this. I pray that The Lord is opening bigger and better doors for you all now.
Jewel

pcbatiks
February 4th, 2014, 02:52 PM
Klasien....sorry Jan didn't get the job.......will be praying he will find something very soon. Hugs to you.

kensington
February 4th, 2014, 04:04 PM
I pray God will supply all of your needs and send exactly the job he wants to him.

K. McEuen
February 4th, 2014, 06:03 PM
So sorry that Jan didn't get the job. I know people here that would be filing age discrimination lawsuits if they were told too old was the reason they didn't get a job.

Blondie
February 4th, 2014, 07:08 PM
Wow. I just knew he was going to get this one. I am saddened to read that his age played a part in the decision. He still has a lot of work years ahead.
Blessings to you and hugs, dear girl

Blondie

bkthomas
February 4th, 2014, 07:16 PM
Here's a thought; What does he "Like" to do?
Just like what you are doing....turn something you love to do into something you can earn a living at!
Continued prayers for you both.....

PeggyM
February 4th, 2014, 08:41 PM
So sorry. I know this is a very scary time for you. I'm praying for sunny skies for you and your family.

ilive2craft2
February 4th, 2014, 08:56 PM
I am so sorry this one didn't work out - you would think if it was age, that they would have figured that one out at the first interview. Continued prayers for both of you.

auntiemern
February 4th, 2014, 10:13 PM
Ah Klasien, so sorry to hear this. It just isn't fair for them to build your hopes up like that, and then use that as an excuse. Praying a door will open soon.

Sew Perfect
February 4th, 2014, 10:22 PM
I am so sorry. Something will come up real soon.