PDA

View Full Version : Happy Mothers Day

janluna
May 8th, 2011, 03:10 AM
Couldn't pass up the chance to log in and wish you all a Happy Mothers Day! Hugs and love, Jan L:icon_wave:

rebeccas-sewing
May 8th, 2011, 06:28 AM
Right back at ya, Jan. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL OUR FRIENDS AT MISSOURI STAR AND ON OUR FORUM!!!!! Have a marvelous day!

Make sure you read "Baking with your child" under the DAILY DEAL. Really cute!

Lisaau
May 8th, 2011, 07:02 AM
I hate Mothers Day

rebeccas-sewing
May 8th, 2011, 08:21 AM
Why do you hate Mother's Day, Lisa?

quiltingtrish
May 8th, 2011, 08:44 AM
I think we all need to give Lisa an extra special Mothers Day Hug.
I'm passing on my special wishes for everyone. I usually don't get anything from my kids - heck I'm happy if I get a hug that I don't have to ask for.
I have to run and get to church early to get the bulletins there on time.
I'll check in before I run to Dad's early this afternoon.
((((((((((((HUGS for LISA))))))))))))))))))).

RFREE
May 8th, 2011, 09:23 AM
Happy Mothers Day to you all!!! Extra Hugs for Lisa:)

Blondie
May 8th, 2011, 09:49 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/holidays/Mothers%20Day/md7-1.jpg
Good Morning Friends
Drizzly, chilly but still a nice day to snuggle in. I need to finish up a small needle keep for my Mom and then church and then dinner and then - hmmmm, it is Mother's Day right?
Perhaps I should just sit and do nothing. yeah, right like that is gonna happy.

Enjoy!

Lisaau
May 8th, 2011, 10:43 AM
Rebecca its just that l've spent 18 years of my 20 yr marriage doing the IVF program and have lost 19 embryos which didnt become pregnancies and 1 which did and took 11 yrs to concieve and it died at 8wks... so weve lsot 20 all up and l'm 45 yrs old.

Why do you hate Mother's Day, Lisa?

debinmalaga
May 8th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Good morning and Happy Mother's Day, all! Lisa, sorry this is a bad day for you :(. Good to see a post from JanLuna! Getting concerned that we haven't heard from our Paula lately. Hope she's well.

It's a beautiful, cool sunny day here in NJ. We have to go grocery shopping - not my fave activity - but we're making the most of it and taking the Mustang and putting the top down, yay. Going to Joann's first for batting and thread, which is the icing on the cake lol. My azaleas are outrageous and the birds are singing, hope everyone makes the most of their day today.

NM Lady
May 8th, 2011, 11:10 AM
Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers, mothers to be and mothers of the heart. I had one mother, but many who influenced me (mothers of the heart). Lisa, I'm sorry this is such a difficult day for you. God bless and take care.

LynneLeavell
May 8th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Happy mothers day to all. Lisa I'm sorry this is a difficult day for you. Going to my MIL's for hamburgers and hotdogs. Hopefully a nap and then some sewing. Just about have all my squares cut for the block swap and then I can start sewing. Oh well HAPPY MOTHERS DAY ALL.

Sandy Navas
May 8th, 2011, 12:03 PM
My heart-felt sorrow for Lisa - today is the first 'birthday' of one of my granddaughters who decided to stay in Heaven instead of living here with her family. It is a painful day in that sense. So, Lisa, I do understand your grief.

Spending part of the day with my 95-year-old mother, who knows not who I am. At least she gets excited when 'anyone' comes to visit. Saw her Thursday and she was conjugating Latin verbs as she glided back and forth in her wheelchair. Got to love her.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

meemeecyn
May 8th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Of course this is a hard day for you, Lisa. You've had your heart broken so many times with each one leaving a big hole. It makes sense you hate the day as it is like opening those wounds all over. May you get some comfort in knowing that some women understand your pain. Wishing all the Mother's a nice day, as well as all those that have passed to a better place. It is your day....so SEW!!!!!
As Quilting Trish says....'extra hugs for Lisa"

rebeccas-sewing
May 8th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Lisa,

I lost two along the way and that was difficult. I can't imagine going through so many disappointments. I'm so sorry. I totally understand why you hate this day.

Rebecca

mamaquilt
May 8th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Happy Mother's day to all of you. We don't celebrate until the first sunday in June.

Hope you all had a nice day.

debinmalaga
May 8th, 2011, 05:52 PM
Lisa, Hugs to you today.

Loonwatcher
May 8th, 2011, 08:37 PM
((((((((((((HUGS for LISA))))))))))))))))))).

MaryB
May 8th, 2011, 08:39 PM
Oh. Lisa. I do feel so sad for you. We were also childless for years, no IVF back in those days, but thankfully overseas adoption in Australia was not so difficult then (nearly impossible now in some States). I was also distraught and found it very difficult to even be around pregnant friends. So I can empathise. Yesterday must have been awful for you. Hugs.

Very best wishes to those who are having a lovely day. Mine began with Asti and croissants (jam and cream too, of course) for brekky, followed by family visits, 'phone calls and an evening with Andre Rieu. Mmmm, nice.

Mary B.

Lisaau
May 9th, 2011, 11:03 AM
Thanks Everyone for all of your hugs ((((((((((((((everyone insert name in here and feel the love)))))))))))))

SuzyQue
May 9th, 2011, 11:15 AM
I didn't get on yesterday, so want to share in Lisa's pain. I so understand how hard a day it was for you. I, too, lost little ones, but not near as many as you. It is a wonder you have any heart left with all those holes! It was a difficult day for my husband, too. He lost his mother this past year. Extra hugs and love to you Lisa.

quiltingtrish
May 9th, 2011, 05:08 PM
Lisa - I'm so sorry to hear this - yes, HUGS for you.

I didn't have a great day yesterday. DH and oldest Son didn't even say HMD, that's the least they could have done. Let's just say I was not very quiet this morning like I usually am when I got ready for work. DD didn't even text - well, I'm not going to her game tonight. She can't even spend 10 seconds to just send a text - well, sorry, I don't feel like going to a 2 hour game for her. Odie did text from California and must have got busy later when he said he would call, but that's okay, at least he texted a HMD and said he loved me. I went to the cemetary and cried over my Mom's grave, I could have done better if I could have talked to her. Then to Dad's like I usually do on a Sunday and got the grass mowed. The self-propel part on the mower broke so it was an agonizing 3 hours of mowing and picking it up. Aarrgh. I'm just glad the day is over.
I have to get back to sewing - the pick me up I think I may need.
Hugs,