PDA

View Full Version : Monday - a new week and almost new month

Blondie
February 3rd, 2014, 09:20 AM

Happy Monday Folksies
Yepper, it's Monday. all day long. I watched half of the super bowl - one of the most epic-ly boring games of well, forever. I was dissapointed since I love a good back and forth game. Manning was truly psyched out and defeated acting after the first ten seconds. JMOHO.

The snow has melted away here, rain today and for the next few. I woke up yesterday morning and sat on the front porch down at Mom's feeling like it was a spring day. At least I was able to enjoy a perfect cuppa on a perfect morning. I am looking forward to more lovely mornings where I can enjoy the birds swooping down, singing and twittering. Why oh why did the groundhog have to say 6 more weeks of winter? drats!

I plan on nothing today. My tummy is a bit upset (too much party hardy? nah. I was good) and I think a little more sleep is back in order. Have a great day everyone. Blessings to all and here's a smile to get you on your way.

CrazyMtnLady
February 3rd, 2014, 09:26 AM
Good morning.. sure isn't feeling like spring here... snowed yesterday and is only 8* this morning. I can't seem to get warm.

I couldn't watch the Super Bowl...living out in the sticks with only an antenna we can't pick up the signal for Fox. I am kind of glad I couldn't see the Bronco's lose. But I did miss the commercials and the half time show. :(

Going to stay under the covers today and nap I think. I have a bit of a stomach bug and I think extra sleep is in order for the day.

Have a great day everyone.
Hugs and prayers to all.

MomGram
February 3rd, 2014, 09:28 AM
Morning, I agree with you observations of the game. So sad when it's not a good fight. Best part for me was my youngest stopped by and asked why I was not having my Bowl party. Did not seem like there was any interest this year. He puts on the sad face so I said I can cook you dinner. That got a big grin he plopped down and stayed the entire game.

dwil23
February 3rd, 2014, 09:31 AM
Good Morning!

Not to rub it in, but it is already HOT here. We've had the A/C on for the last two days. Not good. I know many would trade places with me, but, please, could we have at least a little more winter down here? 60's would be nice. On the positive side, the rainy, gloomy days are over for a while.

I have the next four days off work, but plenty of work to do. My kitchen and utility room floor was put down yesterday - going out to see it this morning. Still more painting, flooring and such to finish. Speaking of painting, Blondie and May, while you are cleaning out y our closets will you please be on the lookout for a quart size can of "Valley Mist" paint? It seems to have gone into the black hole and maybe you might find it! I have checked every black hole this side of the state line and it's not in any of them. I really hate to go buy another one.

I am so anxious to get all of this done so that I can get back to quilting and scrapbooking.

Hope everyone has a great day - stay warm if you are in the path of the next storm. You know, I think I would be more than ticked if I had sold my Super Bowl tickets for "next to nothing" (compared to what they were worth) and then the big snow storm didn't happen. I wonder how long it will take for someone to sue The Weather Channel? Oh well, I wouldn't have had tickets to sell - not a big sports fan anyway.

shermur
February 3rd, 2014, 09:32 AM
Morning, Blondie!
IT's very cold here and the forecast is very yucky for this week. We could get 6-10 inches of snow by tomorrow...Oh joy. I didn't venture out this past weekend because of the sleet. Guess what? I do not want to go to work today.
I saw probably 2/3 of the super Bowl. The commercials this year were not as good as the past ones. There was even a couple that made me upset!
Anywho, I had the January block of KC Star 2014 tribute to WW1 veterans mostly cut (except for the applique pieces). I started piecing it together and the foundation done. Then, I was going to cut out the applique pieces only to found out....I do not have the "correct" color of green for the leaves....I was not happy with myself. So, that project is at a stand still until I get the right olive color to complete the block!!!!!

buckeyequilter
February 3rd, 2014, 09:42 AM
Good morning....

I didn't go anywhere over the week-end.....just stayed home and enjoyed it. We're expecting 6-10" of snow tomorrow night (which translates to probably 1-2") so I need to get my work done just in case we don't work on Wednesday. I am so ready for spring, summer, fall...any season but winter.

Need to get busy...have a great day! Prayers and hugs

Mpyles
February 3rd, 2014, 09:58 AM
Morning all! Just another chilly morning in southwest Missouri! Dd got lots of snow down at school...thankfully it skipped us here. Just a bit if freezing rain and sleet. I heard on the news there was snow in Hawaii?? Someone will have to check in and tell us about that!
DH and I were commenting yesterday that this winter seems like one from when we were kids.

I worked on a small girly quilt this weekend. Just need the binding.

Today I am thankful for my job!!

It's off to work today for me...everyone have a great day!!

Iris Girl
February 3rd, 2014, 10:00 AM
Morning all. It is SNOWING again here. we could get 3 to 5 inches not devastating but enough is enough. Hubby just called from the road said its slick out there. This is the time I would be leaving for work so he said stay home. YAY snow day. sewing for me !!! I don't watch the superbowl but the kids do and they also said epically boring. I am a happy girl today not because its snowing and I get to saty home and sew... But because Patt (quiltingfreestyle) has a piece of the fabric I desperatly needed for my snowman runner for UFO group. THANK YOU PATT!!! that makes me a happy girl doing the happy dance. Stay warm all , hugs to all that need them. Working on a pink X's and O's quilt for PICU today, have 6 rows complete thinking I will make it 9 long.

Jean Sewing Machine
February 3rd, 2014, 10:17 AM
Good morning all! No snow here today, YET! It is supposed to be a bunch hitting this afternoon.

I worked on my irish chain top and got it all put together yesterday, ready to be quilted. It ended up pretty big, maybe too big! Before I quilt it, I need to check with my client to make sure it won't overwhelm the bed.

Love the irish chain pattern. Goes together really easy!

Hope you all have a great day! Stay warm, or you in Tampa, stay cool!

HandsOffItsMine
February 3rd, 2014, 10:25 AM
Pooh, the year I sit down to root for a team I like (Don was on assignment in Denver and I made several trips to the Promenade, hoping for a long term transfer in 2009) - A major DUDDDDDDD. Did Denver even know that they were at the Super Bowl to play?!?

On a positive note, our Hawaiian boy Bruno...fun performance! A bit of Motown and James Brown thrown in. From my teen years. :) Don't quite understand the drop in of RHCP but was happy they were clad for the most part at their age. lol

We had fun at Kat/Matt's for a SB party, Scott (Matt's SD) celebrated his 51st BD as well. Nothing like more cake on top of the food goodies. Lots of laughs, commentary of the guys on the bad plays as they were all for the Broncos. They were big boys though and admitted when the Seahawks made excellent plays. :) I'm not a football fan at all, I have to have a connection emotionally somehow to root for a team. lol Normally IF I watch, I root for any guy who is by himself and I yell...run, run, run. Irritates the hell out of Don when it's the opponent of HIS team. lol

It rained so hard last night, we thought the windows would break. I'll be staying indoors, it's going to continue on. I need to clean up my sewing area and my dining table which is drowning in paperwork somehow. Why is it that paper multiplies like rabbits?

Folks stay safe! Enjoy your day...

Huggers, Ruby

MayinJerset
February 3rd, 2014, 10:28 AM
Rained heavily last night and just hope that didn't freeze because since 6am some really serious snow has been falling and it is expected to keep falling all day. DH just moved the cars and put the trash can in front of the garage so we should be all set especially since we did a food shopping yesterday. We have coffee, milk, bread and some cookies what more do we need? LOL!

Sorry Donna, No Valley Mist paint turned up when I cleaned out our closet, still haven't emptied the big totes on the bottom shelf so the can maybe be hiding in there. Never know what turns up when you really empty a closet, did find a big computer keyboard that we don't ever remember owning and several small items that we had no idea what they were.

Let's all take Blondie's advice and 67424, makes everyone wonder what you have been up to.

Cathy F
February 3rd, 2014, 10:28 AM
Morning all,
Well,woke up last night to pouring rain, fell asleep again and then woke up to a dusting of snow, now it's snowing like crazy. Schools are closed today and an expected accumulation of 5-8" of heavy wet snow, not the lightfluffy kind, that's easy to shovel! So looking forward to spring! Will have to cancel my class for tonight as I don't want any students traveling on icey roads. Looks like today is a good pot of soup day, and hit the sewing room day.
For all that have this weather be safe on the roads, hugs to all that can use a few extra today.

aliaslaceygreen
February 3rd, 2014, 10:33 AM
Good morning! Raining like it means it here. Spent a good deal of the superbowl on the potty (toilet training time, oh, JOY).... I understand I missed NOTHING. I kinda thought after that first score 12 SECONDS in that it wasn't happening....
And, since we ARE toilet training, SOMEONE woke extra early saying, Try Potty? So we did. Thankfully she went back to sleep because she is a Sleeper and that wasn't a long night!

I know I posted my retreat photos over in Show and Tell from last week....I haven't even unpacked it all yet, let alone find border fabrics, etc....think that may be todays plan....

Have a great day, ((((((((((hugs))))))))))))

Granny Judy
February 3rd, 2014, 10:41 AM
Monday....the start of another work week for most peeps.. I am thankful that I have retired and can stay at home and play.

The kids loaded the pantry with foods and brought home "wings" and "pizza" for the game. I sat in my craft area (all snugglie warm) and played with paper and punches.

But today, I've got to put a binding on a quilt for the Shelter and start another sandwich for them. I am doing the small quilts since our Long Armer got swamped with the larger quilts. Yes we are still donating our time and efforts. This Winter has seen an influx of needs. The center opened up it's beds and facility to the homeless with the weather being so bad.

I get warm fuzzy feelings when we take a box of goodies to them.. Sure makes me SMILE all day long..

EnumclawGramma
February 3rd, 2014, 10:48 AM
Good Monday Morning from the wonderful PNW, home of the Superbowl Champions The Seattle Seahawks!!! Can you tell i'm just a little bit happy about this game? I have watched the Superbowl for the last 35 years hoping someday this would happen in Seattle. I remember when this team first came to Seattle. I have been a die hard fan for nearly all of those years. And this was OUR year! So come on, even if you love Denver.....can't you just feel a little joy for my team? Our QB is young, our team is young...not one on the roster had ever made it to the Superbowl. They played their hearts out. It wasn't just that Denver didn't show up to play. Seattle played their HEARTS OUT! The 12th Man played a huge role, and the team gave us credit as evidenced by the 12th Man Flag they carried on to the field.

Climbing off my box....

Frosty morning, but no snow. They are calling for it though. Ugh. Please Spring, come quickly!!! I think I'll take today to just be lazy. We had all the kids and Grands here for the game and I am tired. Slept good, but I'm still tired. Yoga this morning, I hope I make it! Oy.

Have a wonderful Monday, hugs and prayers all 'round for you if you want or need!

quiltingtrish
February 3rd, 2014, 10:59 AM
Ruby - I do the same thing - root for any fella running like all get out to get to the goal line IF I watch any game. And I don't care which sport it is. LOL!

Snow hit here too. When I went to bed they said 'less than an inch". This morning I wake up to school is cancelled and there is already about 4 inches out there with more to come. Katie is supposed to fly out today - the airport is about an hour away on dry roads. Today, could take 4 hours. So far, her flight is on time to depart at 3:26. I think that will change. Just heard the main highways are a parking lot out there. I wish she would call the lady in charge and reschedule until tomorrow morning. I have a feeling we will be shoveling for a few hours. With school cancelled, I get to spend this morning with Katie. She says if DH can get her to the airport, great. It looks heavy and wet. The only one who seems to love it is the dog. She is a Norwegian Elkhound and is made for the cold weather. She is so funny running around in it and when you call her and she looks up, there is snow all over her face and body.

Hope everyone has a safe day out there.

Hugs,

Quiltfreestyle
February 3rd, 2014, 11:37 AM
Happy Monday
This is the first day of my last week at work, at least for a good long time... I'll be taking a 6 week "vacation" they call Family Medical Leave. My husband's health has become very bad recently & he needs full time care..
It's kind of scary cuz this will be a huge life change for us. I've been working for this company for almost 22 years..
Going back to being a stay at home is going to be very weird !!
Then, the other big question is do I want to go back to work when my time runs out??? I may just decide on early retirement. I'm 62 & not at all sure if I really WANT to go back to the high stress job I have.. We will have to see if if we can live on our combined social security money.
So with so much up in the air, I've decided to just trust in God & see what happens,,, I firmly believe that God is good all the time, even if I don't understand his ways...
Wish me luck & please say a little prayer for me :)

Bubby
February 3rd, 2014, 11:38 AM
Morning,

We're iced in this morning. Jeff stayed home from work because he caught the bug I've had for the last week. It was -2 when he took the Girls out this morning. I guess we will lay around and sniff and snort together today. Olive hasn't left my side since I got sick. She wouldn't sleep away from me last night so I gave in and let her sleep in our bed so we could get some rest. I know this is going to be a major problem I created.

Nothing happening here. Hope everyone is doing well.

EnumclawGramma
February 3rd, 2014, 12:09 PM
Morning,

We're iced in this morning. Jeff stayed home from work because he caught the bug I've had for the last week. It was -2 when he took the Girls out this morning. I guess we will lay around and sniff and snort together today. Olive hasn't left my side since I got sick. She wouldn't sleep away from me last night so I gave in and let her sleep in our bed so we could get some rest. I know this is going to be a major problem I created.

Nothing happening here. Hope everyone is doing well.
Barb when I was at my worst with the insomnia, My Cavalier Mollie somehow knew. When I gave in and brought her into our bed she laid down next to me and that was the FIRST time I fell asleep semi quickly in WEEKS. She is truly my comfort spaniel.

meemeecyn
February 3rd, 2014, 12:38 PM
Good morning, Blondie and all the rest of you special quilting friends. Things here in NH are getting back to a more normal. DH had some sort of bug over the weekend, but is feeling better today. Still seeing the doctor often for follow up from the bone marrow transplant, but his blood counts show progress with each visit.

It is so good to hear how you are all doing and be able to spend time seeing your projects and hearing your stories. Have missed you!

I know some have (or are) experiencing health or family challenges and pray that things improve soon.

Snow to come here in a day or two......but other areas have been hit so hard with weather challenges, I won't complain about the snow!
Cynthia

MRoy
February 3rd, 2014, 12:41 PM
Good morning...we got a dusting of snow this morning after hard rain last night. The big snow bullet for KY went north of us. My grandkids have just relocated from NY to El Paso TX since their Army stepdad got a new assignment. They love telling me how warm it is there. They left sub-zero temps and lots of snow so I'm sure it feels wonderful to them.

I've never watched the Super Bowl. It may sound un-American, but I'm not a football fan. I tried to watch Downton Abbey instead. DH watched it for the first time last night and asked lots of questions about who the characters were, what was happening etc. I think I'll watch it online again today so I can see what I missed while trying to explain it to him. LOL! Wishing everyone a safe, happy rest of the day.

Miss Sheri
February 3rd, 2014, 12:44 PM
Good Morning Friends!
I am in a happy mood this morning, because, like Libby, I am a Seattle Seahawks Fan! I too remember when Seattle got their team (feels like a lifetime ago). I live in Utah now, but was born and raised in the lovely Pacific Northwest. I even like the Denver Bronco's and Mr. Manning, lots of respect for that man. But I am delighted to enjoy Seattle's win. I agree, it would have been much more fun to watch if it had been a little more evenly matched.

On to work, then adding boarders to my version of a coin quilt. Smile, choose to be Happy, and make someone else Happy today too! Hugs to all of you! ~Sheri

toggpine
February 3rd, 2014, 02:45 PM
Hello All!

I have hubby home today as they have the power off at his work while they replace a large transformer. So in addition to the sound of the wash machine, I have guns, bombs, and other various war sounds coming from the front room TV. Odd. Once I've finished my coffee he wants to go down to the beach for a walk about. Messin' with the Monday schedule I tell ya!

We are pleased with the Seahawks win. I can tell you that none of us would have ever guessed that it was going to go that way. We were all set for a long hard battle against the Broncos. Having come from behind in the 4th quarter a few times, I don't think any of us could really breathe easy until then. I do have to say that the commercials were kind of lackluster. Being a Muppet fan I liked the one Hyundai did with them.

Well, I had better get the last of this coffee down and go find my boots. The longer I put this off, the more the schedule will get derailed.

Big Hugs!
Cathy

auntiemern
February 3rd, 2014, 03:16 PM
Good day all. We are getting ready for another hit of winter weather. No kiddos today, so the plan is to sew. I have a small top I made from the left over Falling Charms quilt, that just need to be sandwiched, quilted, and bound. That won't take much time.
The super bowl was on here, but not much interest in it. The kids were here, and they kept me occupied. Took them home during half time, and got back home at the end of the game. Hoping everyone has a wonderful day. Hugs, Blessings, and Prayers for all.