PDA

View Full Version : Happy Superbowl Sunday

Ginny B
February 2nd, 2014, 11:13 AM
Good morning all. It's a bit foggy here today but not too cold I don't think. Haven't been outside yet -- and may not go outside all day. :) I had a nice afternoon yesterday crafting with some friends from work and then yesterday evening we had our last Christmas celebration of the season with a friend of ours. It was so cute -- he kept a ceramic tree up on his sideboard in his dining room with the Christmas runner I had made for him a few years ago , used his Christmas dishes and even had Christmas music playing. :) But I guess Christmas season is over now .

Going to be a stay at home day for us today. We will have an early dinner and then settle in for some Super Bowl festivities. DH is happy his Seahawks are in it this year. I am figuring I will get 3 potholders finished during the game. Just have to sew the binding on and they can go into work with him tomorrow (they are for a co-worker).

I hope everyone has a good day today.

buckeyequilter
February 2nd, 2014, 11:33 AM
Good morning...

We got up early....absolutely beautiful outside and snowing, since I don't have to be anywhere it is even more beautiful! A nice day for quilting!

I've been in and out of my sewing room working on my Ellie Ann quilt. I have it on the frame and decided to use Aurifil thread for the quilting.....wow, what a difference. I have a lot of the Connecting Threads thread that I will use on utility type quilts and such but for the other quilts I think I'll be using Aurifil...ordered some more of it yesterday. I may order and try out some other threads too.

Have a wonderful day! Prayers and hugs

toggpine
February 2nd, 2014, 05:18 PM
Go Seahawks!

Yeah, we have the football infection here! We were watching the news this morning and the parties were already starting at 9 AM in some places! That is taking it a bit too far in my humble opinion.
We'll have Mom over and watch the game. We have a few snacks and hubby smoked a tri-tip yesterday, so we'll have that for sandwiches. We splurged and bought some huge cupcakes with blue and neon green frosting. We are going to need the toothbrushes after those!
We are very pleased that the team has done so well this season. Most of the players seem to be decent guys. A lot of them are active in charity events here and in their own hometowns. I know that they aren't saints, but doing more good than not is a good way to live your life no matter who you are. Hubby & I were remarking that we had never seen this level of fan support before. It is kind of fun to be walking down the aisle, street, etc. and have somebody notice your Seahawks gear and give you the "Go 'Hawks!" as you pass by. It's almost like the little wave the the bikers give each other as they pass on the road.

For those of you that aren't into football I hear that Animal Planet is playing Puppy Bowl X today. Hallmark Channel is offering the first ever Kitten Bowl, and for those who are allergic to pet fur, National Geographic Wild is offering the aquatic version with the Fish Bowl. My guess is the commercials won't be quite as thrilling.

I'm off to make sure the chores are done around the farm!
Have a great day!

Genny
February 2nd, 2014, 06:12 PM
I'm sitting here watching Puppy Bowl...love those puppies!

JCY
February 2nd, 2014, 06:14 PM
Go Denver Broncos!! I'm rootin' for the home team. I think it will be a close game. JCY

toggpine
February 3rd, 2014, 01:16 AM
I think we all thought that the game was going to be a lot closer than that.

I'll say we had the strongest opponent in the Denver Broncos and we were looking forward to the challenge. Thanks to the Denver players and their fans for staying classy in this day and age of derisive smack talk.