PDA

View Full Version : First Saturday in February

Mpyles
February 1st, 2014, 07:59 AM
Morning! It's February!! That much closer to spring! Today I am grateful for no freezing rain! Up early for inventory. Hope all if you have a great day!!

shermur
February 1st, 2014, 08:10 AM
Mary...well, sweetie...it is sleeting to beat the band here in Lee's Summit, MO! I am supposed to help with a dog adoption event in Blue Springs from 12 to 5 today, but it maybe that I won't make it. I hate driving on ice...too scary for me!
And should I not venture out, I can try to get caught up around the house. Not to mention I need to make more head way on my January UFO project and sometime soon get started on February's project!

kelliedi
February 1st, 2014, 09:48 AM
well from Mid-MO we have ice on stuff but it looks like it is not doing anything, but the sun is not up yet so we will see. Weather can change in an instant here and not that we don't trust the weather forecasters but looking out and around is better. Only in Missouri that when a tornado siren goes off do you go outside to look and see where it is first then take cover...maybe. have a great day everyone and remember to ....SMILE

shermur
February 1st, 2014, 09:52 AM
well from Mid-MO we have ice on stuff but it looks like it is not doing anything, but the sun is not up yet so we will see. Weather can change in an instant here and not that we don't trust the weather forecasters but looking out and around is better. Only in Missouri that when a tornado siren goes off do you go outside to look and see where it is first then take cover...maybe. have a great day everyone and remember to ....SMILE

Kellie! So true, sweetie! I'll never forget the first time my after my hubby moved here from Maryland, heard the sirens...then, he took a TV out on the patio to see the weather forecast and watch the sky....I was ready to head for the cellar....good grief!

MayinJerset
February 1st, 2014, 10:00 AM
Happy February First - may the weather this month be kinder to all of us. Kind of sunny out this morning but cold.

Originally snow was predicted here in Jersey for the Super Bowl but last I heard it was changed to rain. Imagine paying thousands for a seat and sitting in the cold rain. I'm not interested at all so I hope to spend the day sewing, something I haven't done in a long, long time. Need to get going on the quilt for my guild's show in May. Also need to make a small bright baby quilt for a new born, my DIL's niece and her wife just had a 10 lb. almost 5 oz. baby girl. That's a Big Baby. Coffee is about ready so I'm off to breakfast.

buckeyequilter
February 1st, 2014, 10:12 AM
Good morning....

It's raining here and I just hope it doesn't freeze but with it being 30 outside it might just do that. I don't have anywhere to go today because I just drove right past the house yesterday after work and went to the LQS to pick up a few things. I've been wanting to get over there, for about a month now, but it seems every week-end the weather was nasty. I am putting quilt #1 on the frame this morning to start the quilting. I just plan to do loops on it so hopefully my machine cooperates and it all goes well.

Have a wonderful day! Prayers and hugs

Jean Sewing Machine
February 1st, 2014, 12:20 PM
Morning all! I had to pick up my grandkids and their mom to take her to work at 7 this morning, no sleeping in for me! The GKs and I went to our favorite diner in town for breakfast. A young couple from Brasil own it, but have been back home for a couple of months. They were back in the diner, and we were so glad to see them! They were voted best diner in St.Louis, and they only have 8 tables in the place! Good home cooking and cheap too!

Rain here in St. Louis, it started as thunderstorms and heavy rain about 6, now it is just rain and the temp is rising, so I think we are going to be OK as far as ice. I know north of us and west of us, there is freezing rain and ice. I'm just glad we don't have that.

With watching the grandkids today, I'm not sure how much sewing I'll get done. I got six rows of blocks put together for my irish chain quilt. Tomorrow I'll be able to work on it all day.

Stay, warm, cool, dry, happy! Have a great da!

Did you see that great article in the WSJ about the Doans? Marilyn/Auntiemern posted a link to it! Very cool!

Kateskloset
February 1st, 2014, 12:54 PM
Happy February! The month of love, the month that we women need to pay attention to our heart (Feb is women's heart month) It is a BEAUTIFUL 70 degrees here in southeast Louisiana! Ice still melting in the shady spots of the yard. Oh the plans I have to do this weekend! Yard work, and painting a piece of furniture for my sewing room. Because here in Louisiana, don't waste these gorgeous winter days, because it could be 11 degrees next week!

SuzyQue
February 1st, 2014, 01:01 PM
We got freezing fog last night with lots of black ice. Through the night we got sleet, then snow. I am blessed to be able to stay IN today! We live near enough to a highway to use it to forecast traffic and NOTHING is moving so far today. I plan to work on more sorting, rolling, cleaning in the studio and then get to those leaders! My hubby has put my quilting machine head back together with some improvised improvements and new wiring, so.........I need to get busy and catch up! I have a turkey breast in the crockpot and sleepy heads still abed....so while it is quiet......I must go!

Genny
February 1st, 2014, 01:01 PM
I woke up to about 7 inches of snow on the ground, dh was called out at 4:00am to plow, hopefully he'll be home soon. We're supposed to get more Monday and Tuesday...YUK!

Ginny B
February 1st, 2014, 01:02 PM
Happy February! A little overcast here this morning but not freezing as of right now. Yay! Got a busy day today. I'm off to craft with some friends from work for a bit and then this evening to a friends' house for dinner (and finally!! our Christmas get-together) Been trying to do this since Dec. 28. LOL

So, no sewing for me today but I did work on a tablerunner and some potholders last night and hope to have some sewing time tomorrow before the game. We are just going to stay home and watch it -- just the two of us. DH is a Seahawks fan and is looking forward to it. He asked me this morning that since the weather forecast has changed and it's not going to be too nasty, would I like to go to the game? I laughed and said, No. Can't see paying that much money for a ticket and I won't be able to even see the football. I did hear there were tickets available though. Through brokers I imagine and you would be paying a pretty penny (a bunch of pretty pennies) for those tickets. I think he deep down wants to go. Wish we could.

Have a wonderful day everyone. Stay safe

Iris Girl
February 1st, 2014, 01:17 PM
Happy Feb everyone. Out doing food shopping early so I can have the day to sew. Its sunny and a balmy 41 here so 2 loads of laundry out on the line. Just finished my BOM block for Feb for Rhondas group. Working on a pink hugs and kisses quilt for PICU. Then cut some of my UFO groups snowman runner. Enjoy the day all stay safe, stay warm and smile. Hugs to all.

Simply Quilting
February 1st, 2014, 01:45 PM
Happy February. We woke up to snow thankfully and not ice. Not sure what project I will work on today. I need to get the borders on the Rosemont so that it can be ready for quilting.

For lunch, it is soup and grilled cheese sandwiches.

toggpine
February 1st, 2014, 02:02 PM
I'm not absolutely sure what today will bring. I know what I should be doing, but wether i actually get to it might be another.

Tomorrow is football day! I'm not sure how Em is going to be able to wait. She got off the school bus yesterday wearing a paper Seahawks hat/crown. According to the bus driver all of the kids were nuts. Hubby & I were remarking that we have never seen anything like this. He lived in CA and played in the "parking lot" band for the Raiders. He said they had crazy fans, but never the fan support like we have seen this year. The team has had some problems, but for the most part, the team is made up of really good guys that are giving back to the communities in many different ways. Maybe that is why we are finding it so easy to get behind the team. So we are looking forward to a good game between two good teams.

Well, it's time to go move some manure. The goats still haven't figured out they need to poop outside. It would make barn maintenance so much easier if they would get that lesson.
The good news is that the grandson should be here for a visit this afternoon!
You all have a good day & smile, 'cause you aren't out in the barn with me & a pitchfork!
Hugs, Cathy

Sharyn J
February 1st, 2014, 02:38 PM
More snow and more on the way!

I JUST WANT TO PLANT FLOWERS!!!!!

ilive2craft2
February 1st, 2014, 02:50 PM
Very gray here today so far - got snow and some freezing rain, more of both are supposed to come today and then another storm on Tuesday. Plan is to get my cubby shelving units together for the sewing room - I can hardly wait!

Hugs and prayers to everyone!

Mom23
February 1st, 2014, 05:37 PM
Rain is washing away all the salt and ugly snow here today. I got up early and got bedding washed, finished binding a quilt, and dinner started. DD stopped by on her way to get a pedicure so I jumped at the chance to go along. When we got home it was a little lighter so we took pictures of quilts. I tried for a hour to post them to the Show and Tell page, no luck. I finally just attached a link to my album. In a little bit we are heading out to a baby shower for my niece. I can't wait to give her the pink, grey and white chevron quilt I made for her. We are going to church tonight so tomorrow I will have the entire day to sew. I might take a break to watch football but hope to have so hand binding to get done by game time.

shermur
February 1st, 2014, 05:40 PM
More snow and more on the way!

I JUST WANT TO PLANT FLOWERS!!!!!

Sharyn J! What a pretty dog! what breed and what it's name? Kind of reminds me of mine.....

K. McEuen
February 1st, 2014, 05:49 PM
Sharyn J! What a pretty dog! what breed and what it's name? Kind of reminds me of mine.....

Hahaha, when I first saw the pictures I wondered why she was posting a picture of Dottie.

Sharyn J
February 1st, 2014, 09:01 PM
Sherri, that was our pitt bull, Cyrus. He was such a great dog for nearly 12 years. He's now with the doggy angels! And yes, I think your dog looks like they could be cousins. :)

AuntieVic
February 2nd, 2014, 12:32 AM
Freezing sleet here last night. And calling for snow later in the week. That does not make it seem like it is closer to spring.

shermur
February 2nd, 2014, 10:43 AM
Sherri, that was our pitt bull, Cyrus. He was such a great dog for nearly 12 years. He's now with the doggy angels! And yes, I think your dog looks like they could be cousins. :)

Sharyn....Cyrus was a beautiful dog; so sorry he crossed over the Rainbow Bridge, sweetie! I know he had to have been special and very loving....