PDA

View Full Version : Wall Street Journal Artical is Out

auntiemern
February 1st, 2014, 02:18 AM
Jenny Doan Stitches Together a Quilting Business in Missouri - WSJ.com (http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303277704579349133544709954)

Kateskloset
February 1st, 2014, 02:25 AM
Great article!

Miss Sheri
February 1st, 2014, 02:30 AM
That was awesome Marilyn, Thanks for sharing the link.

Genny
February 1st, 2014, 02:36 AM
I love reading everything I can find about the MSQC....."What A Wonderful Life" !

EsGrandma
February 1st, 2014, 02:58 AM
Thanks for sharing this article - don't think that this captured the true spirit of the Doan family that we have been blessed to share. Their spirit is refreshing - Jenny is the most amazing lady! This store captures the essence of Americana - they have built this amazing business with family, hard work, personal sacrifice , ethics and community support. I hope that their success is the model for many others - we will all be richer for this.

Simply Quilting
February 1st, 2014, 03:14 AM
Marilyn, thank you for sharing the link. Good article.

stationarymom
February 1st, 2014, 03:15 AM
thanks for sharing the article. it's nice to know more about jenny and how all of this came about.

Granny Judy
February 1st, 2014, 05:18 AM
Love the article... Thanks for getting the link to us. I know there is a lot more that went into getting the M* going.. but it's nice to see they are getting noticed for all the hard work and sacrifice.

shermur
February 1st, 2014, 07:23 AM
Very classy! Thanks to the Doan family, many of us are creating traditions and lovely quilts for families to share. And even though some say Jenny has taken away the traditions? I say NO...she has encouraged creative people to find their craft and develop passions that otherwise would not be found.
Quilting is an art, it is labors of love; so, if Jenny has found the best and quickest way for us working Moms, students with busy lives to accomplish quilting? I say, she has but shared her secret to success. Those of us that have gotten the privilege to meet Jenny and her family? I can state they are good as gold and they deserve everything that they have built.

Iris Girl
February 1st, 2014, 07:35 AM
Thanks for sharing what a heart warming article!!

Jean Sewing Machine
February 1st, 2014, 08:15 AM
How cool! And he found our forum member Monique to interview and add a bit of Jenny love to the article!

Bubby
February 1st, 2014, 09:15 AM
This is a wonderful article. Thanks!

MRoy
February 1st, 2014, 10:18 AM
That was a great article. Thanks for sharing the link. The Doans could have used this article as an opportunity to talk about how much money they are making, but didn't....that speaks very highly of them to me. They are what I call "Good People!"

Kat 2
February 1st, 2014, 12:05 PM
Thanks for sharing, what a wonderful article.

Ahamblin
February 1st, 2014, 12:26 PM
Wonderful article. Thanks for sharing.

lilmouse
February 1st, 2014, 01:48 PM
That is awesome for the Doan family...and I am very happy for them!

Lilly
February 1st, 2014, 01:59 PM
Great article but one complaint: What's with this "Mrs" Doan? Mrs Mrs Mrs. Don't they know she's "Jenny"?

paandrus
February 1st, 2014, 02:41 PM
Jenny, you have arrived!!! The WSJ, no less. Congrats!!

Bristol Sunset
February 1st, 2014, 04:11 PM
Great to read a small business success story first thing on a Saturday morning. Missouri star quilt co on the front page of the Wall Street journal -- Wooooooooooooo Hooooooooooooo. Way to go (!!!) to the extended Doan family and to all of you who make M* tick. You've given (and continue to give) me a great shot in the arm for my creative juices. It is a pleasure to do repeated business with your company. Kudos and congrats for the

Bristol Sunset
February 1st, 2014, 04:13 PM
(Last sentence above got cut off) Kudos and congrats for earned recognition outside of the quilting world.

Loralye2
February 1st, 2014, 05:41 PM
I just read the article in the Wall Street Journal! Congratulations to Jenny and the crew at Missouri Star Quilt Co! A class act (no pun intended of course) hehe

Margok
February 1st, 2014, 05:58 PM
Comment made in the Theater articles about the WSJ article. Wonderful business exposure on the work of successful small business.

Louise
February 1st, 2014, 08:34 PM
Love the article jenny and here family deserve all they have achieved in such a short time and I wish them many more yeArs of success I was wondering in the video they show her cutting a square in quarters which video is that I think I missed that one !

Jeannie acton
February 1st, 2014, 09:06 PM
I have a lot to thank M* for. I come from a family where sewing a button on was a challenge ! I learned to hand sew in school and sewed a few clothes for my kids when I could not find what I wanted in the shops. I now have the best ever hobby ( for hobby read obsession) and like many others came to believe that I could 'do it'. Yes, it is a craft where you learn something every time you make something but without stumbling over you tube and Jenny I would never have ever tried to quilt. I am not even a regular customer because I live overseas but nevertheless I feel part of this community and love the 'can do' attitude . More power to their elbow as we would say in the UK. I wish them every success for the future and wait with baited breath for them to expand to Europe. Lol.

lourixe
February 1st, 2014, 09:10 PM
I had never considered the "side effects" of M* popularity, like the increasing number of "bored spouses" visiting the closest hardware store. Thanks for the link!

AuntieVic
February 2nd, 2014, 12:24 AM
That was a good article, thanks for the link.