PDA

View Full Version : nice weekend

mamaquilt
May 7th, 2011, 05:16 AM
I want to wish all the quilting ladies a nice, relaxing and sunny weekend from a green and sunny Grand Duchy.

Today we're off to a wine estate. We'll be tasting local white wine and maybe some champagne too. The champagne is called crémant here, as the name champagne is a registered trade mark and can only be used in the Champagne in France,

We'll be finishing tonight with national ham, a trade mark from Luxembourg, as well as some french fries with some new "asperagus" ( don't know if the word is correct). I just love our Saturday, but I guess I'll be on a diet tomorrow.

Blondie
May 7th, 2011, 07:27 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/Days/Enjoyyourweekend.jpg

Good Morning Ladies!
Michele, your Saturday sounds much more fun-ner than mine. I have to go to work; a little longer day for me than my usual Saturday since a few folks had to reschedule.

Had trouble again last evening getting back in. Each error sign I see is different. Sent an email off to Al. I reckon I will just not worry all the time that something is wrong with my computer. heheheee

Does anyone know who is doing a charitable block or quilt for Alabama victims?

Off to get ready for work.
Much fun to everyone this weekend!

debinmalaga
May 7th, 2011, 08:25 AM
Good morning all! Michele, what a lovely day you have lined up! I'm working, sad to say, and so far my weekend is full of things that have to get done, and nothing fun. Ah well, there's always next weekend, right?

patticakes
May 7th, 2011, 09:07 AM
Happy Saturday! I got up early to walk but as soon as I got out the door it started raining. Hope I can motivate myself to get over to the gym later. Not much planned for this weekend. We were going to drive up to my DD place but she has so much going on that we both decided that another weekend would be better. Today I am going to finish up the binding on the D9P. I am undecided on if I should wash it or not. I love that soft, crinkly/vintage look that it gives a quilt, but it seems to take away the crisp new look. I am torn but have all the hand sewing of the binding to decide.
Yesterday I got a good deal on the fabric to finish off the Black & White Dresden fan blocks from the recent swap. I went to my local JoAnns to see what would work at a cheap price due to my small fabric budget these days, and saw that they had marked all there standard cotton fabrics up a dollar a yard. I needed 4 yds. but when she went to produce the slip to take to the registers the price increase hadn't been adjusted in their system yet so I got it at the lower price. That plus my coupon meant I got the whole piece for $12.85! I was so excited! I also scored the cutest Pottery Barn Kids toy box at a thrift store for $4.99! We've been wanting something to put the baby's toys in that didn't look completely out of place in our living room. It's the cutest large basket with wheels. It had a nice liner in it, but it was dirty & I almost passed it up, but the basket was so solid and I'm a sucker for baskets! I figured I could just sew a new liner but threw it in the wash and it came out just like brand new! Now DGS can just roll his big basket of toys out when he comes! I just love to score a bargain!!
Well BF is off to work soon and I'm off to get a cuppa Joe! Hope you all have some quilty plans for the weekend!

Sandy Navas
May 7th, 2011, 09:52 AM
Good Morning, EVERYONE!! I guffawed when I saw Blondie's picture today and wondered how she got a picture of ME to put on here. I felt just like that when I got off the scales this morning.

It is absolutely BEAUTIFUL out today - blue sky, the grass is green (needs cutting, too), the cardinals have quit dive bombing the windows and that's a big help. Anxious to get out and 'do' something. We're off to a huge auction this morning. A local woodworker is auctioning off all his shop tools and we know who does woodworking!! Should be a great deal of fun, too. I LOVE attending auctions, even if there isn't anything there that I specifically want.

Spent yesterday morning working on Zoe's quilt and another big push will finish the hand quilting . . . almost there. Ran by Jo-Anns yesterday to pick up binding for it. Really wanted a nice, clear, pure blue color but all they had that would work was red, so red it will be. I'll be so glad when this one is finished so I feel good about moving on to something else. So many plans and ideas, so little time.

Still awaiting the arrival of our new family member. Rita (4) said to Momma yesterday "Why are you still here? I thought you were going to get us a baby."

Special prayers and good wishes to all who need them!!

quiltingtrish
May 7th, 2011, 08:01 PM
Would love to go to an auction with you Sandy anytime - I love them too even if I don't always get something.
That basket on wheels sounds like the perfect thing for toys. Roll them in and roll them out!
Hope Blondie is home from work and getting to enjoy some Saturday time for herself.
A wine tasting day - um Yum! Even though I have never been on a wine tasting tour yet.
I had things to had to get done too - fortunately they were things I didn't mind doing.
Got a few small bags of fabric together for the Guild fun auction on Tuesday. If noone wants to put a bid in for them, you just bring home what you took and if that happens, I'll just throw it in the yard sale next weekend. Then if it doesn't go, it will go to Goodwill. Win-win all around.
Beautiful day here in Central PA. Hoping for another day just like it for Mother's Day which I'll spend with my Dad. I'm sure I'll be mowing - has to be done and I'm the only one who will do it for him.
Have a happy evening everyone!
Hugs,

Mia
May 7th, 2011, 09:21 PM
Hi everyone.......
I too feel like the dog in the lounge chair today lol.
I want to wish each of you a glorious Mother's Day and send special hugs.

toggpine
May 8th, 2011, 02:53 AM
Hi All!
I am dragging in tonight! I am judging a youth show this weekend. Fitting and showing was today, I am exhausted. We start at 9 AM tomorrow on the breed type classes. Apparently I have a class of 24 meat goat wethers coming my way. Hmmm. Should probably bring the BIG bottle of BBQ sauce!
Off to go throw the jeans in the dryer, wash up and hit the hay. Early day tomorrow!
Happy Mom's Day hugs to you all! Cathy