PDA

View Full Version : Friday is here

Blondie
January 31st, 2014, 08:58 AM

Happy Last Friday in January, folksies!

I am soooo ready for April. Forget February and March. We generally get our worst weather in February. Come to think of it, we have had freak ice storms in April. Hmmm. I may need to rethink this.

Yesterday I stayed at my own house ALL day. It was heavenly. Phone and internet service were out. I really didn't care. School was out. I really didn't care. I made homemade brownies with frosting, pots of black coffee, cleaned out the refrigerator and cleaned out the linen closet. One was stinky, the other one scary. Take your pick! I actually found some old Christmas presents shoved in the linen closet from who knows how many years ago. I am ahead of the game for this year! Hurray! It doesn't matter that my kids haven't watched Sesame Street in uhh, 30 years. Hey, wait. I have a grandchild now at just about the right age. I really should give all the closets in the house a good thorough cleaning! There is still the matter of missing Christmas gift for oldest son from close to 15 years ago. We have never found it. And I have looked. And looked. I finally decided it vanished within a vortex - perhaps the next time I clean the linen closet . . .

Here's hoping everyone has a marvelous weekend. Remember those who need a hug, a smile an encouraging word or just a strong shoulder with a pair of ears to hear. Arms around those who need it. Smiles for everyone!

Monique
January 31st, 2014, 09:05 AM
Good morning Blondie. Glad to see you this morning. It was another uneventful day. I only bought two fat quarter packs of kids prints at Walmart, a wine fridge cooler type thing (it was only $69).

Hubby has planned a weekend getaway. We are headed to Kingston, Ontario for the weekend. There is an antique show that he would like to go see, I found a few quilt shops that I would like to visit. Then on Monday, we will head on over to see Phil, Jodi and the girls. I am in terrible need of grandma kisses. It will be nice to get away as we haven't done that since our anniversary in September.

Today might be the haircut day. Blondie I sure wish you could come here and cut my hair. I will wait and see what kind of weather we get today.

Have a wonderful Friday and last day of the month. Tomorrow is the start of a whole new month. The month of LOVE I shall call it.

dwil23
January 31st, 2014, 09:17 AM
Good Morning, all!

Blondie, stay at home in my pajamas? That's my kind of day and exactly what I did yesterday, too.

Monique, sounds like you have a great weekend planned.

I was saddened to read Ann's post earlier about Jesse. I pray for his family as they go through these next weeks and months adjusting to their "new normal".

I'm also sad and teary eyed remembering that it was nine years ago today that my own Dear Dad went home. We still miss him so much.

I hope Everyone has a Blessed day.

lilmouse
January 31st, 2014, 09:18 AM
Morning Blondie and Monique;
Was up early and thought I would stop and check in and see what everyone is up to...you all have a great day...I am planning on it myself...hugs to all in need and prayers for those who need them as well

EnumclawGramma
January 31st, 2014, 09:32 AM
Good Morning Mary Sunshine, what makes you wake so soon? You scared away the stars and chased away the moon!
(Little diddy my Mama used to sing to me. I sang it to my DD and now to my DGD who says "I HATE it when you DO that!")
So, I'm up. For awhile now. I slept good, I just didn't sleep long. I spent some quality time getting caught up on my journal. That is a commitment I need to keep because it shows me the progress of my days....healing.

I'm taking Yoga, may or may not have mentioned this. Therapeutic yoga. 3 days a week. Today is day 3. I don't often do things ALONE, this is one. I like it so far. I have a lot of anxiety I'm trying to work out of my body. Yoga is something that comes highly recommended. And then massage. Massage is next. That I will do alone without reservation!

We have rain here. Cleansing wonderful rain! We have had so many dry calm days that we've had some air quality issues. Rain is GOOD! It's not snow, so I don't complain, even tho I'm from Washington!

Did I mention that I've applied to volunteer at the hospital? I think they'll put me in the gift shop to start, which I think should be fun. This is another part of healing....volunteer, give back.

Ok, I'm off to get this started! I hope everyone has a wonderful, productive, relaxing uneventful day. Hugs and prayers all 'round for whoever wants/needs. And you know who you are so reach out and GRAB em!

HandsomeRyan
January 31st, 2014, 09:32 AM
Morning everyone.

After getting my butt kicked all day yesterday by what should have been a quick and easy quilt I am looking forward to a better day today. I'm still a little under the weather but drove in to work this morning because these plants won't take care of themselves. I'm leaving as soon as I finish up my core responsibilities though to go home and lay back down for a bit.

We have our 36 week checkup for little man today. They will ultrasound him and tell us how big they think he is. (Huge. The answer is huge).

Hopefully Mrs. HandsomeRyan is at the house squaring up the quilt that bested me yesterday and cutting binding strips so I can finish it this evening. I'll be glad to have that one bound, washed, and out of my house.

I hope everyone stays warm (or cool for our friends down under).

Oh, and Happy Chinese New Year! 2014 Year of the Horse. I work with a lot of scientists who moved here or are visiting from China so holidays like CNY are celebrated here at my office.

Bubby
January 31st, 2014, 09:48 AM
Good Morning,

I was so saddened to hear about Ann's little Jesse. He was such a brave little guy.

I am officially sick. I think I have either the flu or bronchitis. I saw my doctor Wednesday and at that point she said I had no infection so she wouldn't give me any meds. Today I'm running a fever, sore throat, foghorn cough, etc. My sugar is way out of whack again today, from being sick I'm sure. We have water problems at our apartments. Tenants have been calling to say they have dirty water. This looks like an issue with city utilities, but who knows. Right now I just want to go back to bed.

Ryan, your quilts turned out great! I'm so thrilled to have you and the other guys on the forum. It adds a dimension we needed.

Here's a ((Hug)) for everyone who needs one. I'm off to take more Mucinex and go back to bed.

MRoy
January 31st, 2014, 09:51 AM
Good morning all! I was so sorry to learn of Jesse's passing. His family (Ann) is in my thoughts. I've had some anxiety going this past week. My grandkids are re-locating to TX as their step-dad got assigned to Fort Bliss. They've been traveling across the country from NY to TX since last Wednesday and were scheduled to arrive at their new home sometime yesterday. They were looking forward to the move from the extreme cold and snow to a warm climate.

I haven't checked yet this morning, but as of yesterday there were no updates on the status of the missing relative. I get "feelings" about things sometimes and the feeling I have about this isn't good. I really hope my feeling wrong.

It's Friday and I'm going to try to make it a good day....I hope you can do the same.

Mpyles
January 31st, 2014, 09:52 AM
Morning!

Not a lot here...sewed yesterday, went to a nieces volleyball game, dinner with DH. That's about it! Back it work today....Monique, enjoy your weekend! Libby, enjoy your yoga and massage. Ryan, get some rest!

Have a great day!

ilive2craft2
January 31st, 2014, 10:06 AM
Mornin' all! I ran errands with my sister last night - best thing I could have done. She needed groceries and I was just along for the ride. Giggling is great medicine for anything that ails you!

Hoping to go looking at some cubby/shelving units for my sewing room tonight, but depends on when the snow starts - I think we are supposed to get 5-7 inches followed by freezing rain and sleet tomorrow. Hoping it holds of till later tonight and I can pick up the shelving units to have a project to put together. If not, I have plenty of sewing I should be doing!

Keep smiling and if you have the chance, giggle! :)

MayinJerset
January 31st, 2014, 10:32 AM
67003Starting off with some hugs for everyone, especially Ann and Jesse's family and Myrna's awaiting some news about missing relative.

Ah, our office closet and room look pretty good today after yesterday's messy cleaning out of supply closet, boxed gift wrapping supplies piled in a corner, and stacks of books destined for the library's book sale. Like Blondie I came across some long lost items but, alas, not Blondie's oldest son's missing Christmas gift. I'll keep looking for it as I have several more closet cleanups, Next my list is my sewing room closet. In search of items to donate for our quilt show raffle gift baskets.

DH carted the trash out, mostly gift boxes I've had forever. Since nowadays everyone seems to use gift bags I don't need 3 gift boxes in every size cluttering up our supply closet. He also dropped 2 boxes off at Good Will and returned a Christmas gift. He did all that and then went to his dentist appointment only to find out he had a cracked tooth under the crown that kept falling out. Dentist and oral surgeon made speedy work of it, broken tooth extracted, they'll take an impression on Monday morning and new bridge will be ready in afternoon.

Keep the hugs going as I think there are a lot of us out here in need. May

Granny Judy
January 31st, 2014, 11:23 AM
Hugs going out to all and prayers for strength to get thru the day...

I'm a firm believer in "taking it one day at a time". Enjoy the events in micro minutes and get thru the rough spots as they can pop in at any given time. Nothing seems too huge to manage when you don't think too far in advance. Any how, that is MY philosophy and isn't for everyone.

I need to clean out my craft closet..In hopes of finding some Lost items. Maybe later today. Right now it's just enjoy my first cuppa and see what project is screaming my name. And a good book to listen to.!! I live close to Lisa (ilove2craft2) and the weather is gonna be "forcing" me to stay in and sew. LOL.

Got my smile on for today.. sending it along to everyone who stops by. 67026

SallyO'Sews
January 31st, 2014, 12:12 PM
Friday! :icon_woohoo:
*Forrest Gump voice* And that's all I've got to say about that.

BellasQuilts
January 31st, 2014, 12:38 PM
Good morning all. work day for me today at home. I get so much more done here than at work. Hoping for rain. We are dry, dry, dry. Pray for rain for us since California feeds the nation! Sewing this weekend - whoo hoo! Smile!

toggpine
January 31st, 2014, 02:35 PM
We have a few things planned for today.
Hubby has his 40 hours in as of yesterday, so he's home today. I'm working on this adjustment to my week. It looks like it will be this way until business picks back up. This week I have the added bonus of having him home on Monday too. The power will be off at the marina while they change out the transformers. No power, no work. Wish me patience!

I still have the garden tags spread out on my work table. I think I may be nearly caught up on all of them. I have lavender and comfrey left to make, and I can get back to the normal mess of fabric in there. I can say I really haven't been driven to finish them up. I do want to get back to the sewing machine, so it's time.

Well, I had better get to moving, as we have places to go. Hubby will be pacing shortly if I'm not looking like I'm getting ready.

You all have a good day!
Hugs, Cathy