PDA

View Full Version : I'm SO SO sick of winter!

Sharyn J
January 30th, 2014, 09:26 PM
OK,, I've had enough!!!!! My bones are brittle and feet have been freezing for weeks. I hate socks, but now have to resort to wool socks on my feet at night to sleep. My neighbors in the condo are super #B#%&y. I'm on my 2nd car battery in 2 months, the heat bills are skyrocketing. Can't go outside...........can't breathe and roads & parking lot full of ice. If, and when I've been able to get to a grocery store, it's full of old, cranky people who want to dicker about 2cents.

Internet intermittant. TV cable works sometimes and sometimes NOT. DD driving me crazy. Why? Why? Can't she stop talking to me? I don't need conversation today.

My dog went to do his business and had to balance himself on 3 legs it was so cold and windy. Poor little dear couldn't stand the cold on his paws. Saw my good neighbor on his way out the door and gave him a "poop bag" to take to the dumpster! haha, at least he's one of the good ones! I'll bring him some cookies!

I'm sorry. I know there are so many more important problems in the world and with our friends, but I'm so sick of winter that it's depressing and making a monster out of me! :icon_eek:

PeggyM
January 30th, 2014, 09:34 PM
Amen, sister! I came home to find my house temperature at 55 degrees. I have an old boiler/steam radiator, and it didn't hold enough water to last the day. Aruba, here I come!!

ilive2craft2
January 30th, 2014, 09:43 PM
I am with you! We are supposed to get 5-7 inches tomorrow night and then more on Tuesday. We got about an inch today - at least it covered up the icky dirty slushy snow left from the last one. My headache just won't go away - turned into a migraine on Tuesday and feels like it is headed there again tonight.......arghhh...

Heading out to run errands with my sister - I just need some sister time - there will be giggling involved (there always is) and I know it will make me feel better!

RFREE
January 30th, 2014, 09:43 PM
I hear ya sister! I'm so sick of it too. They say propane is nearly $6.00 a gallon. I just paid $1.49 in october. I am tired of being cold at home, at work and on the school bus. I am shocked I haven't gotten bad sick yet!
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!

PeggyM
January 30th, 2014, 09:58 PM
Heading out to run errands with my sister - I just need some sister time - there will be giggling involved (there always is) and I know it will make me feel better!

Sissy will fix it :)

Bubby
January 30th, 2014, 10:02 PM
AMEN!!! I had to go to the dentist today (otherwise nothing could have made me go outdoors) and the wind was blowing 55 mph. We have more snow and ice on the way. We're all ready for Spring.

Pandabear
January 30th, 2014, 10:41 PM
Two inches of snow. School closed. FOR A WEEK. Snow melted. Snowed an inch. School closed 1 day and opened 2 hours late today.

Summer can come anytime now. I need to be barefoot and wearing t-shirts.

Genny
January 31st, 2014, 12:47 AM
OK,, I've had enough!!!!! My bones are brittle and feet have been freezing for weeks. I hate socks, but now have to resort to wool socks on my feet at night to sleep. My neighbors in the condo are super #B#%&y. I'm on my 2nd car battery in 2 months, the heat bills are skyrocketing. Can't go outside...........can't breathe and roads & parking lot full of ice. If, and when I've been able to get to a grocery store, it's full of old, cranky people who want to dicker about 2cents.

Internet intermittant. TV cable works sometimes and sometimes NOT. DD driving me crazy. Why? Why? Can't she stop talking to me? I don't need conversation today.

My dog went to do his business and had to balance himself on 3 legs it was so cold and windy. Poor little dear couldn't stand the cold on his paws. Saw my good neighbor on his way out the door and gave him a "poop bag" to take to the dumpster! haha, at least he's one of the good ones! I'll bring him some cookies!

I'm sorry. I know there are so many more important problems in the world and with our friends, but I'm so sick of winter that it's depressing and making a monster out of me! :icon_eek:

Hey girl...I'm on your side....I'm sick of winter...and we've got more snow and ice coming tonight...

MayinJerset
January 31st, 2014, 12:54 AM
Think we all are also suffering from Cabin Fever. It is find to stay indoors when you feel like it but not so fine when the weather forces you to do it. Don't know what's headed our way but you can be assured it isn't warm temps.

Genny
January 31st, 2014, 12:55 AM
I hear ya sister! I'm so sick of it too. They say propane is nearly $6.00 a gallon. I just paid $1.49 in october. I am tired of being cold at home, at work and on the school bus. I am shocked I haven't gotten bad sick yet!
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!

The price of propane is rediculous! I have a friend that has 5 hog barns and she told me today that they'd spent $7000.00 (yes seven thousand dollars) in the last 3 weeks to heat their barns.

Cathy F
January 31st, 2014, 03:16 AM
Another voice here chiming in, please warmer weather where are you, so tired of these cold temps.

Judy, USMC
January 31st, 2014, 05:44 AM
Sharyn - Just a few miles away from you and totally share your feelings! Going to be in your neighborhood today ... until the snow starts again. This just seems to be never-ending. ON and On and on and on ..............

dizzyLiz
January 31st, 2014, 08:57 AM
This has certainly been a strange winter here in South Carolina as well. Freezing temps all week, snow Tuesday and Wednesday, 15 degrees outside this morning. The forecast for the high tomorrow.....SIXTY degrees !!! I'll believe it when I see it.

Trish04
January 31st, 2014, 10:06 AM
Lol I am really close to you in In N,W, Indiana, I am so ready for spring, and we are suppose to get more snow ugh

g8dhorse7
January 31st, 2014, 05:39 PM
Two inches of snow. School closed. FOR A WEEK. Snow melted. Snowed an inch. School closed 1 day and opened 2 hours late today.

Summer can come anytime now. I need to be barefoot and wearing t-shirts.

Pandabear, I lived in F'burg and Spotsy for 8 years. We moved from upstate NY and my kids were so excited when school closed over 2" of snow. LOL! The school rarely closed in NY and we would sometimes get 5' of snow overnight. I don't miss those NY years at all!

Poppytree
February 1st, 2014, 04:03 AM
That's one of the reasons (besides family) we decided to move to Australia - UK was damp, cold, grey and miserable with occasional frost and snow and I suffered for SADS from November till March.

Extreme temperatures are not nice. We have the opposite problem at the moment with temperatures for 2 weeks of January and also the next 5 days over 110f! Also means its better to stay indoors for most of the day. Off to the beach for a dip at 7.00pm hopefully.

Wwena
February 1st, 2014, 06:24 AM
Hubby is happy since he chose this winter to finally get a snow blower (we've not really had room to store it easily but we sold off both trolleys this year which made a huge diffeence in our "shed"). Also, we are going to Tenerife on tuesday so it's fine by me if winter is here just one more week. ;)

That being said, I don't really like having to bike through all this to get to work and to pick up the kids. Winter tires on the bike helps only so much... I visited a friend last night for a combinaiton of work and nice dinner (board meeting for the local software testing society on a friday night, how geeky is that!) and after about 3.5 hrs my car was covered in 4 inches of snow. Sheesh.

SandyWhite
February 1st, 2014, 12:03 PM
To me the worst of this is I haven't seen or heard any birds.:(:icon_cry:

Annette Ackley
February 1st, 2014, 01:33 PM
I agree with you. We ran out of propane. Asked them to deliver. They said we would only have 150 gallons. There is a shortage!!! We paid over 3 dollars per gallon. My Son who lives in Nebraska, says gasoline out there is around 2.65 per gallon. Here in Pa we are paying 3.55 per gallon. Doesn't make any sense at all. It is hard to make propane last around here, my DH has it running all the time even with the wood stove going. He is cold all the time. But, yet he complains all the time.... LOL Sigh!!!

Sharyn J
February 1st, 2014, 02:53 PM
We got another 6-7 inches overnight and it's still snowing. Our snow plows have not been here yet, so my son had to shovel a path for the dog! Don't laugh, his little legs are too short. It was funny to watch. The dog followed behind my son as he shoveled the path. You'd think this dog was royalty or something! None of us can even walk through the parking lot, but my dog has his own little sidewalk path.

Will this winter ever end?

DCM
February 1st, 2014, 03:55 PM
Please don't hate me but I love winter. I guess it's because I grew up in southern Arizona and never had 4 seasons. I don't like ice but cold weather and snow is fine. We also shovel paths in the back yard for the dog.

Pandabear
February 1st, 2014, 04:14 PM
Pandabear, I lived in F'burg and Spotsy for 8 years. We moved from upstate NY and my kids were so excited when school closed over 2" of snow. LOL! The school rarely closed in NY and we would sometimes get 5' of snow overnight. I don't miss those NY years at all!

I was born and raised in NY so I know what winters are like there too. My kid was born in VA so he has no clue what it's like to go to school when it's snowing. I keep threatening to move back so he can experience the joy of sitting in school watching the snow fall :)

CarrieG
February 1st, 2014, 05:27 PM
I'm sick of it here! Too much snow and too much cold. I was glad to turn the calendar over this morning. DH was in the hospital with pneumonia for 3 days, I got sick after that. Now any effort makes both of us exhausted. At least with no kids or pets we can be really good at being lazy. At least the daylight is here longer now! Spring is just around the corner...I hope!!