PDA

View Full Version : Enjoying Today's Daily Deal Ditty

lyric
January 29th, 2014, 02:45 PM
By golly, she/he has done it again. Today's Daily Deal snippet is a hoot! Yeah, makes me want to open up my purse :lol::icon_rofl::icon_mooooh:

"I will admit (if you promise not to tell The Hubs) that I have quite a few celebrity crushes. QUITE a few. There are the oldies but goodies like Cary Grant and Gene Kelly (I love a man who can dance!) There are the universal heartthrobs like Brad Pitt and George Clooney (who is really just the 2000’s model of Cary Grant - thank heaven for reruns!)

And then there are the Brits, who have earned a category all on their own. Not only are these men cute, their accents are enough to make ya weak in the knees. Where to begin? Everybody loves an international spy, so young Sean Connery is near the top of the list. Nobody can resist Gerard Butler’s dreamy eyes. And I’d have a cuppa with Matthew Crawley from Downton Abbey anytime! But above them all I have a soft spot in my heart for Hugh Grant. Whether he’s playing the Prime Minister or a Jane Austen hero, he really butters my crumpets!"

bonniebella
January 29th, 2014, 06:08 PM
I get a laugh most days from the daily deal stories.

Lindagie
January 29th, 2014, 09:14 PM
I happened to catch this right after it came on after midnight; ended up ordering it because I DO love the Notting Hill fabric; and I ordered some more things o go with it and a few other items; used my points and still got free shipping and paid $72.00. I certainly did not need any more fabric, but now I have enough of that line and the extra yardage to do two quilts for sure. One is a BOM and the other; we shall see. Now I am definitely on a fabric diet. Good thing DH doesn't notice when I get things in the mail.

buckeyequilter
January 29th, 2014, 09:53 PM
I ordered the daily deal....and not a clue what I'm going to do with it. I have been in my sewing room the last 2 evenings trying to organize...and here I am ordering more stuff.

lyric
February 1st, 2014, 04:18 PM
Wow, I wonder, oh wonder what that is like . . . the dilemma you two are facing, bwahhhhhhh!!!!

phoots
February 4th, 2014, 01:59 AM
I have always loved Hugh Grant and Collin Firth!

Pam in Vegas

auntiemern
February 4th, 2014, 02:43 AM
Lyric honey, you do realize that Jenny is not the person that writes the daily deal story, don't you? Ha ha, they aren't even written in Missouri. She does have a way with words, doesn't she?

lyric
February 5th, 2014, 12:50 PM
Yeah, I found that out day 1 of joining here. ;-) They are too cool.

Lyric honey, you do realize that Jenny is not the person that writes the daily deal story, don't you? Ha ha, they aren't even written in Missouri. She does have a way with words, doesn't she?