PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday Greetings

Bubby
January 29th, 2014, 09:47 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

I'm not sure where Blondie and Monique are this morning so I thought I would get us started on the new day.

I have an early morning doctor appointment to have my A1C checked. I've been having sugar issues lately and need to see what's going on.

It's still frigid and windy but it's expected to get up to near 30 today....WooHoo!

I couldn't resist the Daily Deal. I love Robyn Pandolph fabrics. They're always so elegant and beautiful quality.

I'm off to see the Wizard. Wishing everyone a great day and as our Blondie would say, SMILE!

Mpyles
January 29th, 2014, 10:40 AM
Morning barb! Have a great day and visit to the doctor. Hope all goes well!

EnumclawGramma
January 29th, 2014, 10:47 AM
Morning Barb! Hope all goes well with the doc today and that once finished you'll find something fun for YOU to fill the rest of your day.
I'm going to a yoga class this morning after dropping DGD at school. Therapeutic yoga. This will be my second class, and totally out of my element here because I'm doing this alone. But it's ME time, good for what's ailing me and a good start on my road to normal. Now if I could just find a good massage therapist! (I actually have one living with me - DD - but she's busy. Go figure)
It's raining here. My hope is that the temp doesn't drop enough to turn it into snow! Ugh.

Have a wonderful day. Hugs/Prayers for whoever wants/needs. Find a way to brighten someone's day today. it'll make you feel good!

jlmascasa
January 29th, 2014, 11:45 AM
Good Morning!

Beautiful, sunshiny day here in Hamilton and I hear the temps may get above freezing. WOO HOOO!!

Hope you get good news at the doctor, Barb.

Have a joyous day everyone!
Jean

GinnyKNC
January 29th, 2014, 11:59 AM
Good Morning. Blondie is probably hibernating which is what I want to do! It's cold, snowy and ice here in NC and it's January - ugh this weather is so strange. It's our first snow of the winter but by now winter is usually over here. Remember this is NC we don't have the equipment to deal with this kind of weather as most states do. This would be nothing back home in PA, but here it is horrible.
Barb good luck today on your A1C. Are you a diabetic? I am and it was under control for over 10 years. The fall of 2012 it started to climb and we struggled for over a year to get back under control. My pancreas just decided to stop producing insulin and of course the liver just kept producing the glucose so it was dangerously high for a long time. It's finally back to normal after playing with different types of insulin and multiple doses. I'm now on two types of insulin and seven shots a day, but if that's what it takes I'm happy to do it. I feel like crap when my glucose is high or low so being normal is awesome. Please watch your carb intake :) I've learned so much about what to eat and not eat over the past decade lol. Now if I could just take of the weight - well one hurdle at a time.
I have a new great niece! Lynnea was born at 9:21 last night. She is three weeks early also just like my granddaughter was. I finished two quilts for Lynnea and started three receiving blankets for her and hope to finish those up tonight along with some burp cloths. Then I can ship those and all the clothes and little things up to her. Now that she's early I feel so far behind :(
I hope everyone has a blessed day and keeps warm. Prayers to those in need and hugs to all. Happy quilting.

Simply Quilting
January 29th, 2014, 02:25 PM
Good Morning!!! I stayed up a little later than I should have last night working on getting a Chocolate and Lime Green Minky rag quilt ready for a friend's baby. It is finished and was actually fairly easy once I decided to use the walking foot to put the squares together. When dh came home from work last night, he got out the vacuum cleaner and starting cleaning up the cutting area while I finished snipping in the sewing area. I even put the minky the dryer on air fluff before I started but what a mess it makes.

Today I am hoping to spray base a quilt and start working on it. I also have my son's quilted minky that needs the edges that need to be folded over and sewn.

Barb, I hope they can get things figured out with your blood sugar. And like you, I'm looking forward to the warmer weather.

Jean Sewing Machine
January 29th, 2014, 02:40 PM
Good Morning!

Beautiful, sunshiny day here in Hamilton and I hear the temps may get above freezing. WOO HOOO!!

Hope you get good news at the doctor, Barb.

Have a joyous day everyone!
Jean
Hi Jean! Glad to say hi to you in our morning greeting thread! I so wish I could come to Hamilton TODAY! The USPS is making me a crazy person for losing an order from MSQC that I desperately need for a customer order! It would be better for me to come up and pick up my fabric in person than to wait each day for my post office to find what corner they threw it in and deliver it! I've got Becky on it, hopefully she can figure out what is going on!

Barb, hope the doctor visit is showing everything to be OK!

Mpyles
January 29th, 2014, 03:34 PM
Hi Jean! Glad to say hi to you in our morning greeting thread! I so wish I could come to Hamilton TODAY! The USPS is making me a crazy person for losing an order from MSQC that I desperately need for a customer order! It would be better for me to come up and pick up my fabric in person than to wait each day for my post office to find what corner they threw it in and deliver it! I've got Becky on it, hopefully she can figure out what is going on!

Barb, hope the doctor visit is showing everything to be OK!

Jean the usps lost my daughters college textbook order....it took 3 weeks and was damaged when it got here...which is now waiting to go back since I had to purchase them elsewhere for her....hope it arrives soon and not re-wrapped!