PDA

View Full Version : Hello, it's Friday

Blondie
May 6th, 2011, 06:50 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/gm/1bh.jpg

Sure hoping this will post. Also glad I am not the only one to have had problems!
Y'all sure didn't miss much from me ~ I was just trying to say good morning, have a good day and whatever else was in my brain at that particular time. After spending that amount of time, practically filling the room with the smoke from my brain working, I have discovered that fabric is truly not my only addiction and I do have determination. I almost fit that proverbial square peg in a round hole. Not quite, but A for effort.

Yesterday was a pretty good day for me. Decent day at work, came home and started to sort through this mess of fabric from Mom's vintage closet; I had laundered them and they are alive with color. I cut some of the smaller pieces into strips and squares of various sizes. Even made dinner! Then I spent the remainder of the evening trying to tell my Mom over the phone how to get a facebook account started up. Good grief. Now I know where my determination comes from. Oy! I finally said, "Mom, it is 10:30. I am going to bed and you will see me tomorrow. And BTW, why don't you call my brother, the computer whiz kid?" Her reply? "He gets too upset with me when I can't do things easily." Boing! Same reason I never go to him. LOL.

Have a great day, ladies. Fingers crossed that this will actually post.

Dragonfly
May 6th, 2011, 07:35 AM
Good morning Blondie, I also persisted way too long at trying to get in here...several times over the couple days. eventually sent an email in the vain hope someone would hear my cry from the wilderness and rescue me, I had no idea lots of others were experiencing the same issues.

Well my day is about done, spent it at sit n sew with some lovely friends, didn't achieve much in the way of sewing but who cares, it's good for the soul to spend time with friends.

You all have a lovely day, I'll catch you later.

quiltingtrish
May 6th, 2011, 07:50 AM
Good morning to you too Blondie and everyone out there in Quilty Land.
I can just see the room filling with smoke from all your thinking - haha! What a visual. And I can see you trying to help your mom with the FaceBook - have many times I try to explain the 'new things in the world' to my Dad.
Just 2 weeks ago he shows me proudly that he ordered a CD set from those commercials on T.V. A beautiful Country Western romance song set of 10 CD's. He was ready to have me put them in his DVD player hooked up to the T.V. so he could see the singers singing the songs. I had to explain that they were not DVD's, but CD's to listen to on a CD player. He argued with me for an hour that 'no, I was to put them into the DVD player. After all, he saw the singers singing the songs on T.V. and so he should be able to watch them on TV too. And, I said no, it's a CD set and that was just a commercial for him to buy the set. When I left that night, I knew he still didn't get it, even when I tried to put them into the DVD player to show him it wouldn't work with pictures. He doesn't understand why they would lie to him about that.
Thank goodness he doesn't want a computer!
Sunny day today and hoping the rains hold off so the grass can get cut over the weekend. It's Friday! Yippee! I NEED to get some sewing done and bring myself out of this mood. Still waiting for a meeting with Katie's other family. The mom does have a busy schedule with kids going here and there, but I explained to her that if it were her child that wanted to leave home and we were left in the dust, that I thought after 2 1/2 months that she would want some kind of answers too so somehow, we would have to make a meeting happen asap.
Oh! Odie is graduating this morning from his Marine school for learning how to fire the Howitzers. Saturday or Sunday he is flying to his new first unit - to Camp Pendleton, California. He seems excited. Now that training since September is over with, he can relax a little without all the little annoyances of training life. A cross country trip over the summer to visit him would be a dream of mine - always wanted to drive out west and back - but that's to be determined. I couldn't see going with my husband - he would have to be ahead of the driving pack the whole way there and back, but even with the troubles with Katie, I could see taking her along - just her and me and seeing all we could see. Like I said - a dream.
Well, off to start my Friday so the weekend gets here.
Have a great day everyone!
Hugs,

debinmalaga
May 6th, 2011, 08:20 AM
Good morning, all! Blondie and Lynn, I'm so glad you were able to get in to post. I'm wondering if Paula (Middlesis) isn't having the same problem, haven't seen a post from her in a bit...

Trish, you are beyond patient with Katie's "other family". Hope the meeting happens soon. You're such a strong lady.

It's another beautiful cool sunny morning here, and it's my short day at work. Hopefully going to pick out some fabrics after work for my new QFK quilts, I need to get moving on them. Haven't been able to sew very well lately, been getting frustrated with tension troubles, so I hope these new projects are a new phase for my machine and I... we haven't been getting along very well lately :-(.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday!

Loonwatcher
May 6th, 2011, 09:18 AM
Morning All,

Welcome back Blondie and Lynn. Trish, I loved your cd vs. dvd story. Too funny.

Looks nice but cool out right now. Sunny - that's the important part. Although possible rain later. I'm off to aqua class then work then heading to camp for the weekend. Hope the waters haven't risen enough to reach the camp. Lots of flooding around these parts, mostly Lake Champain (big enough to have been another Great Lake) and the waterways that feed it.

Have a great weekend. I'll be back on Sunday night - no internet or phone at camp. Oh, and gotta see the season finale of The Amazing Race on Sunday. My fav show!

Be well,

meemeecyn
May 6th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Good morning! Glad to see we all can get on. The Remember Me button has made things a lot easier. Hope ya'll get a chance to do some quilting this weekend. Nancy, enjoy your time at camp....have plenty of life jackets??? haha! Seriously, hope you find things ok.

llm161
May 6th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Happy Friday! I agree, Friday's are great. Unfortunately, I am working today from 10-7, Saturday from 9-5 and Sunday from 11:00-whenever. Retail never stops....especially seasonal retail. I work at a plant farm (in the store) and we will be crazy busy today (it's sunny, yeah) and tomorrow. Sunday is a ???

Happy, happy, sunny Friday ! Have no energy for quilting. I just stare at the computer and drool at all the lovelies.

Sandy Navas
May 6th, 2011, 11:06 AM
GOOD MORNING, ALL MY QUILTY FRIENDS!!

Spent some time 'cussing and discussing what we'd do today. Al and I decided we'd continue trying to finish projects we have started rather than running off to have fun at garage sales or cleaning out the garden shed. So, I'll be here hand sewing on Zoe's quilt. Maybe, just maybe I'll get it finished and ready for the binding today. I need that behind me so I can move on.

Still waiting on this new grandbaby. I know Momma is sure ready. She had a severe optic migraine yesterday and her blood pressure has been up. Don't like that. They did make a trip to the Hospital Wednesday night but after clearance they sent her back home. Next week it does look like possible induction time.

Hope everyone has a wonderful, fun-filled, sunny weekend full of love, laughter, and lots of sewing time.

sewsoft
May 6th, 2011, 11:30 AM
Hi all, I'm glad to have this site working so I can get back on. I haven't been up to much I did get my sewing area
clean and ready for sewing again. I don't have much to say so I will end it here. Take care.

patticakes
May 6th, 2011, 12:47 PM
Hi all!
Glad you made it on Blondie, we all love your posts. Sometimes I feel like I have become my Mom when my kids have to explain the "newfangled" things to me.
Trish I have made that cross country trip before, just up and did it with no notice after a extremely emotional time in my life. I drove it in 3 days, manically happy and ugly-crying across the USA. It ended up being the best thing for sorting my head out. One thing I did discover is that we have such a beautiful country I can't understand why people have to leave it to think they have gone somewhere special. I would also love to make a trip like that with my daughter, although I have to admit it would have it's messy moments because even tho she is a grown woman, we sure can still push each other's buttons if we spend too much time together.
Sorry about your tension problems Deb. I think that is one of the most frustrating sewing machine problem you can have. Once my baby boy went over to my machine and just twisted all the knobs like it was a radio and the thing never sewed right again!
Hope you have fun at camp Nancy! Sounds like a good place to spend a weekend!
Linda, I have sympathy for the retail hours you have to put in over the weekend. I so don't miss it!
Wish I could go hit some garage sales today Sandy, but I would just find more treasures I don't really need. Of course, if I go out I might just stop at a thrift store! Hope that baby makes it's arrival soon!
I haven't seen Jan on here and am hoping that she is okay. Also thinking of Gina and wondering if she got moved.
Well, off to work on some binding. Hopefully I will have a "finish" to post in Show and Tell soon!
Have a great weekend!

toggpine
May 6th, 2011, 05:24 PM
Hi!
I am working on assembling the zebra rows. Maybe the top will get done today. Maybe.
I have a spring youth fair to judge tomorrow. So at some point I need to make sure my bag is packed for that adventure. I usually take my family with me to the fairs, but this one only has animals and nothing else to look at. The family has opted to stay home. Mom may come with me on Sunday. Whoo hoo! What a fun Mother's Day - evaluating goats for structural soundness.
Back to the machine!
Cathy