PDA

View Full Version : So I guess everything is NOT bigger in Texas!

bhaggerty
January 28th, 2014, 06:58 PM

So, you see, icicles are NOT bigger in TX!

There is a saying that everything is bigger in Texas. But today I guess that was disproved!

Pretty much everything else is! LOL! (Hahaha)

KathyCrofoot
January 28th, 2014, 07:28 PM
OMG - I can't imagine what Texans think of this weather! I spent 4 winters there and they closed school once for 1/2" of snow. On a brighter note, at least they're not like this one outside my hotel room window where I got stranded in a blizzard on Sunday night...

Jean Sewing Machine
January 28th, 2014, 08:16 PM
OMG - I can't imagine what Texans think of this weather! I spent 4 winters there and they closed school once for 1/2" of snow. On a brighter note, at least they're not like this one outside my hotel room window where I got stranded in a blizzard on Sunday night...

66763Gee Kathy, I thought that was your house with the indoor swimming pool!

Auntpiggylpn
January 28th, 2014, 08:59 PM
Well, icicles ARE bigger in Michigan!!!

MRoy
January 28th, 2014, 09:04 PM
I don't have any icicles to show here at home in KY but it's cold as whiz! It's supposed to get up to around 20* tomorrow....heat wave coming!!

easyquilts
January 28th, 2014, 09:13 PM
Our new pastor, who has been with us a year, now, spent 11 years in Texas... the Dallas area, I think.... He us simply amazed by the weather here in the Cincinnati area.... He think's it's just wrong!

bhaggerty
January 29th, 2014, 12:36 AM

LOL! They have closed school due to possibility of snow!

bubba
January 29th, 2014, 12:44 AM
That curved icicle is pretty cool! A couple years ago, I had one that was all the way sideways from the wind blowing so hard.

I have a friend who has a B&B on Galveston Island and she fled to Las Vegas to escape the cold! Guess her blood has turned whimpy since lived up here!

Schools here will close in the winter too when it gets too cold. They can't heat the buildings up enough.

Jen7
January 29th, 2014, 02:37 AM
Can't even wrap, was 70 here today! Of course we haven't had any precipitation in like 3 months, so will be crying the blues this summer! I will post pics of frying eggs on the pavement in 120 this summer! Stay warm and safe my friends.

auntiemern
January 29th, 2014, 03:00 AM
No icicles to show, but can show you my thermometer if you want. It says, ****ed cold.

Wwena
January 29th, 2014, 04:35 AM
Don't be sad if you don't have the biggest icicles! Dad always say that unless there's been sun to melt the snow (and then it got cold again) icicles are a sure sign that your roof is leaking out the heat that's supposed to stay in the house. :)

I read this list a Scotish guy who moved to Sweden, had learnt about his new home country during the first week. My Canadian co-worker had found it and he was like "the first week?!? oh this guy is in for a few more surprices lol". Anyway, he had said that one of the nice things was that kids in Sweden play in the snow. In Scotland snow meant that kids stayed inside because the grown-ups said it was too slippery outside and they might fall and hurt themselves. We certainly are raised differently. :)

Grandma G
January 29th, 2014, 12:16 PM
Ha! I had to laugh when I saw that photo because I just live down the road, so to speak, from you. Here is a photo I took last Friday and sent to a friend in Detroit to show her a photo of our "snowstorm" that closed all the school districts. You can only imagine the reply I received to this photo!!

So, you see, icicles are NOT bigger in TX!

There is a saying that everything is bigger in Texas. But today I guess that was disproved!

Pretty much everything else is! LOL! (Hahaha)