PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday is always a good day to smile

Blondie
January 28th, 2014, 07:27 AM

Hello Folksies! It's Tuesday morning for me, still dark thirty in the morning, Gracie is sitting on my lap feeling quite territorial, hubby needs to refill my coffee cup and I am listening to the weather forecasters for the first time in a week or so. Why oh why did I have to hear this stuff so early in the morning? Their words make me go

Like the rest of the country we are in for some more weather. We are just not that good with it as our neighbors to the north and midwest. Personally I don't have to get out in it but the rest of my family and loved ones do. I am thankful I do not need anything from the grocers today. If I am MIA again, it will be because the wifi down at Mom's is taking a hit from the weather too. Sighs. Advisories all over the television, with our weather coming in around noon. Is it just me or has this winter been extra long already? I know it's already been extra cold. bbrrrrr!

Yesterday I stitched a wee bit, mostly did some crocheting. I may do some more crochet to finish up one of those new cowl scarves. They are quick, easy, and I think very practical. I bet you are like me - whenever I pinterest I am the most productive woman on the planet! I make up the bestest things IN MY HEAD and they are all perfectly stitched, co ordinated, absolutely to die for. Then I turn my gaze to the pile of dishes in the sink and remember where I actually am in the great scheme of things. Oh yes. Reality does bite at times, which is why God gave me an imagination and a happy disposition. During and after dish duty I continue with the lovely creations in my head. Then when I do actually get the time to sit and do something, can I re envision those sugar plums again? Heckfire shoot, NO! What is up with dat? Hmmmm.

Wellsir, I've been sitting here, listening to the weather, drinking enough coffee to float the Valdez and now Gracie is snoring in my lap. I love to hear her little chi chi snore. Oh and did I tell you that I got out the eye pencil and colored pretty things all over her face the other day. I did not take a picture - but take my word for it - she looked simutaneously hilarious and endearing. It took me longer to clean her up than it did to sketch her up.

Enjoy your blessings today. Let that smile linger a little longer on your sweet face, hold your loved ones a little tighter and then smile again.

Granny Judy
January 28th, 2014, 07:57 AM
It's so nice to see your smiling face on here today, Blondie!!

I've been Pinterest looking, too! found the how to's for the crocodile stitch and am working on a shawl. I love shawls... for me and for donating to women's shelters. (pssst. even the guys love them) I finished up a face shield/neck warmer for SonNlaw since he has to be out in the weather for work. And he loves it!!

I find myself coming down with the blahs... and think something colorful is needed to fight back... Gotta get thru February's tumultuous weather then I can get going on the gardening... that has lots of Color!! So my next pinterest search will be for gardening and flowers!!

Not looking at the weather report today.... nope- don't want to, and not going to.....

buckeyequilter
January 28th, 2014, 08:20 AM

It is sooo cold here it's -16 right now with a wind chill of -31. Going in to work a little late just because I didn't feel like getting in the shower so early LOL.

Monique
January 28th, 2014, 08:32 AM
Good morning to all these fine people. Blondie, you always make me smile.

I too have been crocheting in the evening watching tv. My husband says I have cornered the market on dishcloths. I have about a dozen ahead now. They will be given away as gifts eventually. I need to find something else to crochet.

I am almost done the little quilt. Just a few more stitches and binding and done. Then I can work on my own stuff.

When I left here yesterday morning, it was a beautiful bright sunny day. I got to town (15 min) stopped at the post office and when I came out it was whiteout conditions. Unbelievable. Hubby had called to tell me to stay home. Too late. Got to exercise class and did some running around that I needed to do. Hubby was at work and I had the whole house to myself. I can't remember the last time that happened.

Today I work and will go out at lunch (3 hours) and get groceries.

I think next week we will go visit with Phil, Jodi and the girls for a couple of day. I need grandma kisses and hugs.

Have a wonderful day everyone and I will smile today.

CountryHut
January 28th, 2014, 08:49 AM
Good Morning everyone :)

it's a tad on the soggy side this morning - fur babies made their morning run and now their back in bed -
hubby is sleeping in this morning - later today he has his last little fix 'em up surgery - so we'll be off for a bit of plastic surgery later today during all that rain and yuk that coming our way -- then he'll be off the rest of the week
- *oooh nooo -- where's my word counter*~

I found out a few days ago -- that a friend, my computer/grafx mentor of many many moons
lost his battle with Lung Cancer earlier this month and his wife never called me I had to find out via google :(

yesterday I rec'd an email from a buyer .. . asking me if I had any coupons . . . coupons?!?!? . . WHAT!! . . LOL*~
emailed that person back and told them the only coupons I had - I plan'd on using . . *giggling*~ . .then they said
oh no no .. do I offer coupons on the things I sell . . . told them no -
but I do accept tips to help pay my sellers fee's . . L*~
*lordy lordy - whatz next*~

the only other plans for my world - is to get that blasted new computer set up -- oooooooh how I am not a happy camper
when it comes to setting up a new computer . . . and now with windows8 . . . it's takes me 5 minute to find the shut down button . . *good grief*~ . .

watching the morning news - and me thinks that the pot growing nudest that lives a few doors down the road
will be happy to hear that Florida might have medical MaryJane available for cancer patients
- fur-sure her pot barn will be open for business . .*ugh*~ . . . but I'm sure it won't be for medical reasons

me thinks it will be good day to pick up some Panera's soup and a sandwish for the hubby after his surgery today
it will make him say yuuuuuuum

y'all -- ''Make it'' a good day :)

grannyann
January 28th, 2014, 08:55 AM
Just want to say Good morning and it is nice to see you Blondie starting the day for us. Welcome back.

It is very cold here - 6 right now. No schools open again today.

Jean Sewing Machine
January 28th, 2014, 08:59 AM
Hi everyone! Hasn't this been the longest January ever? No wonder it is my least favorite month of the year! Long, cold, icky weather, no money from paying Christmas bills! Can't wait til it's over!

I'm still waiting rather impatiently for my LOVELY. Fabrics from MSQC. One package has supposedly been in St. Louis at the mail sorting center since Thursday. Yikes! Did they throw it on the floor and lose it? I want to go over there and help them sweep out the corners to find it so I can get started on my quilt due Feb. 8! In the meantime, dear forum buddy Karen Mc Euen sent me her leftover LOVELY. Charm packs from the Iron Quilter sale that she didn't use. From New Mexico, they got here in two days. From the mail sort facility 5 miles away, it has been 5 days and I still don't have them! It's going to drive me crazy till I get these in my hot little hands!

I made a crock pot meal with chicken and diced tomatoes, seasoned with chili spices yesterday. It had corn and zucchini in it. My daughter and 2 grands came by while I was eating. They all wanted to taste it. I gave them little ramikins with a taste of it. They went back over and over again, my granddaughter actually licked the bowl clean she loved it so much! Even with zucchini and tomatoes in it, my grandson had several bowls, and they were begging their mom to make it for dinner. Guess that one was a hit!

Hope to start my quilting today with Karen's blocks. Have a great day today!

Bubby
January 28th, 2014, 09:06 AM
Good Morning,

I'm going into hibernation after I get off here. I need some more sleep. I'm fighting off some sort of bug. Everyone at the court was sick last week....everyone, even the judge and the attorneys. I was locked up in a room with 11 other jurors, all of them coughing and hacking.

There is no news here other than we have another arctic day with wind. The Girls even hate it outdoors right now. They had a long day at the groomer yesterday and came home with attitudes and pink bows on their collars. They will sleep most of the day today because their glamour day wears them out.

Wishing everyone a great day...I'm off to dreamland for now. Hugs....

Cathy F
January 28th, 2014, 09:13 AM
Morning all,
Right now the outdoor thermometer says 15 degrees, so that means I'll be indoors today! Plenty to do in here to stay warm and cozy, reading, and sewing. No cooking tonight I made a big tray of baked ziti layered with breaded eggplant yesterday,YUM! Just have to add a salad and garlic bread and good to go! Stay warm and smile!

Doloris
January 28th, 2014, 09:19 AM
outside temp here right now is -16. No plans to go outside for anything!!! Right now my plan is to stay in bed with my heated mattress pad turned on. Eventually I know I need to get up and do something, just not sure what or when. Stay warm everyone.

Mpyles
January 28th, 2014, 09:40 AM
Morning, same ole same ole here!

My gratitude for the day...sunshine...sure do miss it when it's not around..

Have a good day!

Iris Girl
January 28th, 2014, 09:48 AM
Morning all. Blondie so good to see your smile and have the morning thread going! 2 degrees here. No weather coming in for us till next week. But BRRRRRR!!!! to cold. Wish old man winter would loosen his grip on us at least some and give us at least around the freezing temps...that would feel like a heatwave. Off to work in a few. Yesterday was a trip and a half at work so many returns. And if anyone is familiar with SNL's Mad TV I had Ms Swan as my customer yesterday... LOL she wanted to return 4 items she bought last week, 2 she used a coupon on and 2 no coupon. Ok thats great. Return all 4 items give her , her money. Now she wants to buy back the 2 she DID NOT use coupons on but use the coupons that were gone from the other 2 items...What??!!? that was last week those are expired and besides you do not get coupons back on returned merchandise. long deliberations about how other stores do that...10 mins later ok I'll buy them for full price. great. transaction done have a nice day... wait forgot an item. ok done Bye have great day. ..Wait I need return this one. (one she had just returned and repurchased. Ok done see ya... Oh ok I want to buy it now I found coupon.... all that took 25 to 30 mins...so aggravating but my smile never slipped..but I was sure glad to go home yesterday!

Have agreat day all and smile.. Hugs to those that need.

buckeyequilter
January 28th, 2014, 10:41 AM
Morning all. Blondie so good to see your smile and have the morning thread going! 2 degrees here. No weather coming in for us till next week. But BRRRRRR!!!! to cold. Wish old man winter would loosen his grip on us at least some and give us at least around the freezing temps...that would feel like a heatwave. Off to work in a few. Yesterday was a trip and a half at work so many returns. And if anyone is familiar with SNL's Mad TV I had Ms Swan as my customer yesterday... LOL she wanted to return 4 items she bought last week, 2 she used a coupon on and 2 no coupon. Ok thats great. Return all 4 items give her , her money. Now she wants to buy back the 2 she DID NOT use coupons on but use the coupons that were gone from the other 2 items...What??!!? that was last week those are expired and besides you do not get coupons back on returned merchandise. long deliberations about how other stores do that...10 mins later ok I'll buy them for full price. great. transaction done have a nice day... wait forgot an item. ok done Bye have great day. ..Wait I need return this one. (one she had just returned and repurchased. Ok done see ya... Oh ok I want to buy it now I found coupon.... all that took 25 to 30 mins...so aggravating but my smile never slipped..but I was sure glad to go home yesterday!

Have agreat day all and smile.. Hugs to those that need.

Wow....she must have a lot of time on her hands...my time is worth more than that coupon. Can you just picture her trying to make an important decision at home, like what to fix for dinner.

MayinJerset
January 28th, 2014, 10:41 AM
Checked the weather this morning, temp is 12 and feels like 5, going up to 17 by 6pm and then snow. Doesn't look like a lot of snow but you never know. Supposed to meet a friend for lunch tomorrow and we're to touch base tonight to make sure driving is OK. We may postpone again. She's taking me out for my Bday and if we keep postponing it will be her Bday and we'll take each other out for lunch. That should be fun because when we are the hostess we try to find a really nice kind of expensive place to eat but if we do one Bday lunch together we'll probably choose the local Italian place that has $5 lunches, beverage included.

Feeling kind of mushy this morning, you know how you feel when it's dark and raining and you hop back under the covers for a nap or wrap yourself in a quilt and chill out on the couch reading or watching an old movie. Only problem is that it isn't dark or raining, the sun is shining brightly in all of our windows so it's difficult to find an excuse to hide under the warm quilts. Better get a move on and get something done this morning.

Lonna
January 28th, 2014, 10:52 AM
Good Morning Ladies,

You would think the end of the world was coming down here in S.E. Louisiana. We are expecting some winter weather everyone was running around like crazy yesterday getting ready. Talk of the roadways being closed down, all the schools are closed today and tomorrow. Government offices closed no garbage pickup today. Also talk of lose of electricity was told on the news last night that if we do it could take up to five days to get it back. And just my luck we can not get my generator to keep running. We will get sleet and freezing rain up to 1/4 inch and maybe up to 2 or 4 inches of snow. I know all this is nothing to you folks up north but for us it is Then end of the world as we know it.

Have a great day friends, stay warm. I am headed to sew for as long as I can.

buckeyequilter
January 28th, 2014, 10:57 AM
Good Morning Ladies,

You would think the end of the world was coming down here in S.E. Louisiana. We are expecting some winter weather everyone was running around like crazy yesterday getting ready. Talk of the roadways being closed down, all the schools are closed today and tomorrow. Government offices closed no garbage pickup today. Also talk of lose of electricity was told on the news last night that if we do it could take up to five days to get it back. And just my luck we can not get my generator to keep running. We will get sleet and freezing rain up to 1/4 inch and maybe up to 2 or 4 inches of snow. I know all this is nothing to you folks up north but for us it is Then end of the world as we know it.

Have a great day friends, stay warm. I am headed to sew for as long as I can.

Stay safe!!! It is -16 here right now and with the wind chill -31. The main roads here are clear....just some ice spots. I hate losing power in the winter....makes some long days and nights, because there's not much you can do, even with a generator.

New York Sue
January 28th, 2014, 11:06 AM
Hunker down, Blondie!
I heard a forecast this morning that 10" of the white stuff is coming to N.C., and thought of you immediately! ;)

catmama635
January 28th, 2014, 11:10 AM
Good morning everyone,
It's -14 here this morning, wow. I'm starting to get cabin fever. The library where I work is closed again today. Tom Skilling, the world's best weatherman :) said last night that we may be in for a couple more of these polar vortexes before winter is over. Great. At least the sun is shining--isn't it amazing that with all that sun there is absolutely no heat? And the weather in Alaska has been like 60 degrees! There's ice in the corners of all my windows and last night my house was making these loud sort of popping sounds every once in awhile--I hope that's normal! Anyway, I think I'll try to sew something today and maybe go out and see if my car starts. Have a great day everybody and stay safe!

GinnyKNC
January 28th, 2014, 11:17 AM
Good Morning. How oh how do we go from 63 with sunshine yesterday (beautiful day) to winter storm advisory with ice and snow today? Ice and snow in NC (bah haha), you have to be here through ice and snow to understand why that's funny. From someone who was born and raised in Pgh PA where we measured now in feet and didn't blink an eye at it, to an inch closing schools, businesses and wrecks everywhere. I moved South to escape the snow and ice as my bones just can't take it. I'm praying everyone stays safe today. I'm staying off the roads!
Today is one of those days I just want to stay in bed but work calls :(
I finished up that D4P with flannel and ugh I will never again use flannel with that pattern, but I just love the pattern. I also finished up another baby quilt last night and hope to get a few receiving blankets done tonight.
Hugs to all and prayers to those in need. Happy Quilting and be safe.
P.S. I just love being a gramma :)

MRoy
January 28th, 2014, 11:29 AM
Good morning, I've been awake since 4 but just now checking in here. It's 8* (-6* wind chill) here now. No snow or ice...just very, very cold. I'm stocked up on food so there's no need to go out other than having cabin fever, but I'll survive. I'd rather stay in and stay warm. For those of you down south, stay safe and warm.

LynneLeavell
January 28th, 2014, 11:51 AM
Morning all. We are waiting to see what kind of weather we are going to get here. I live in the area that is suppose to get up to 1 inch of snow and my husband is working in Waycross GA which is south of Tifton GA and they are predicted to get 3 to 5 inches of snow. As long as I don't lose my power or heat I am ready. I have several projects to work on so come on Snow.

Prayers going to out to those who need it and to those who don't.

EnumclawGramma
January 28th, 2014, 12:14 PM
Good Morning! I've been up for hours, since 2. Oy Vey. I woke and just could not get back to sleep. But since I'd been sleeping since 8:30 I figured I probably had enough. Hopefully. Since my battle with insomnia and anxiety associated (?) I've been trying to be conscious of what I eat and drink all day, especially the hours before bed. We ate late, I bet that was my problem.

It's another warmish morning here. I see no frost on the cars, so that's a good thing. Got two loads of laundry done and one ready to go. Vacuming and dusting dusting dusting (allergies have been buggin me!) are on my agenda today. Then ironing and hopefully some sewing.

I've volunteered at the hospital here for some good therapy for me. I need to turn in all my paperwork today and hopefully in a week or so I'll be a gift shop helper! Did I mention I gave yoga a try last week? I'll be going three times a week starting next week. Therapeutic yoga they call it. I'm really looking forward to it. Now if I could just get my DD, who is a licensed massage therapist, to commit to a once a week hour with me I'd be in heaven! Working on that.

Have a wonderful Tuesday everyone. Sew if you can. Stay warm no matter what. Hug the ones you love. Smile at a random stranger just to make their day! Oh! And hugs/prayers all 'round for whoever wants/needs!

CrazyMtnLady
January 28th, 2014, 12:14 PM
Just wanted to pop in and say good morning to everyone.
Not much else to say except....it's cold!!!!! It's only 10*...but I don't think we are in for any snow. Haven't checked the forecast.

Have a great day everyone.
Hugs and prayers to all.

rebeccas-sewing
January 28th, 2014, 02:41 PM
No to rub it in or anything but the high today in Orange County is going to be 76!!! When I see these low temps you guys post I remember to count my blessings! Stay warm!!!

K. McEuen
January 28th, 2014, 02:52 PM
It's 27* here this morning, warming up from a low of about 20. It will continue to warm up to about 45 as long as the sun shines. It's the darn wind that messes thing up, makes it feel a lot worse than it is. As far as I know we aren't in for any snow, at least not in the city.

Doloris
January 28th, 2014, 04:09 PM

just got this pic from DS in north east Alabama. He said everything was shutting down for the day.

auntiemern
January 28th, 2014, 04:39 PM
Good day Blondie. Good to see your smiling face here today. The weather is going crazy all over the country. Signs people, signs.
We went from 60* Sunday to 15* yesterday. Yesterday did not go as planned. You know how life just gets in the way sometimes. Well, it was all in my way yesterday. I did get my 'puppy love' quilt quilted, and am working on sewing the binding down in the back.

For those of you that remember my toe injuries ( I feel ya Blondie). Doctor removed one, and the second one, I removed myself cuz it wasn't actually attached to anything. No pain at all. The one that the doc did, still isn't growing back. The one I did, had one growing back, but it wasn't right. Still lose from the nail bed. After soaking in the tub for a while yesterday, it felt really lose, so I tried to lift it off...didn't happen. But...it started bleeding under the nail. After several hours, I was very uncomfortable because of the pressure from the blood under the nail. Sooooo, I decided to relieve some of the pressure. The nail was lifting off just fine, but was attached to the surrounding skin. I clipped part of the skin, (ouch), and the blood was flowing. I kept going to the point that either I had to get the darned thing off, or go to the ER. DH couldn't even look. Finally after much bleeding, much pain ( Ha ha I even used a small seam ripper) I finally got the dang thing off. The the nail that I had to take off was very thick and about a half inch long. I was never attached completely to the nail bed. So now I am back in a post op shoe. Ibuprofen seems to be enough for the pain right now. So now I can add to my long list of 'title's' nail surgeon.

Hugs, blessings, and prayers.

bhaggerty
January 28th, 2014, 06:54 PM
It is even cold in Houston! Just home from work. Super slow! Cleaned out our offices and then some!
Not common to see this ever here!!!

Wwena
January 28th, 2014, 07:35 PM
Blondie, I've missed your smile. :)

We've had some weather too and DH is really happy about it since he bought a snow blower. He is getting good use out of it, he actually broke it and had to repair it once already lol. Using my bike to get to work is an adventure all in itself and grrrreat exercise (or so I tell myself). Good thing I got winter tires for the thing or I would've fallen soooo many times. Or actually, I would've just walked or taken the bus. But with the kids to pick up at two different places from this fall on, that just eats up too much time.

I am exactly like that with Pinterest! Sooooo many great ideas, enough to fill several lifetiems even if I didn't have a job to go to, a family to take care of, salsa classes to go to (yay!) etc etc. It's gotten to the point where I, when I do have the time, can't decide what to do, all the enthusiasm and inspiration just goes out the window in the face of the enourmous possibilites. I guess I need to just get a grip! I did that today, home with my younges who is ill, and tried out a new paper pieced tea pot block. Me like. Me learnt lots (me ripped lots). Me will do a teacup tomorrow! :)

Jean Sewing Machine
January 28th, 2014, 08:45 PM
My daughter and SIL just moved to Atlanta! Leaving behind their winter stuff ( heavy coats, snow blower). Mother Nature is playing a cruel trick on them and their fellow Atlantans. SIL was on the road over 4.5 hours and was still miles from home. Hope he makes it home before midnight! They will be working from home tomorrow!

Ginny B
January 28th, 2014, 11:39 PM
Good evening everybody. Sounds like everybody is a bit chilly today. It wasn't too bad here today, but maybe we are just getting used to it. My brother lives in Atlanta and he told my sister that he is expected to stay overnight where he works (he's an IT guy) because of the state of emergency and the fact that they are expecting an inch of snow. My #4 son lives on the other side of GA (Brunswick) and he was telling us they have closed the schools down statewide. Well, all I can say to you all experiencing this is to stay home, keep warm and enjoy the day off. That's what I do when we have a storm that shuts us down for a while. I hope nobody loses power though because that could put a bit of a damper on a "snow day".

Stay safe everyone.