PDA

View Full Version : Who's not laughing now???

bubba
January 28th, 2014, 12:44 AM
You may recall the close call I had just before Thanksgiving with getting selected to sit on a jury for a murder trial. While I was quite concerned since it meant I was not going to be able to go to Hawaii if selected, my husband found it absolutely amusing! Well, guess who is on jury duty now?? Yep! Mr. Monkey Man himself! Somehow he managed to get selected on a criminal trial that is going to last into March. He does not find it entertaining in the least! I just can't stop giggling.....:icon_heh:

Genny
January 28th, 2014, 12:50 AM
Oh crap I hate jury duty...

Patrice
January 28th, 2014, 12:54 AM
Lol. That's to funny

PeggyM
January 28th, 2014, 12:59 AM
I've been called, but never picked. I'm told that paralegals rarely are here, but I want to give it a try. (Not a 2-month trial). We apparently have a pretty big jury pool. Good luck to Mr. Monkey.

IBake
January 28th, 2014, 03:12 PM
My oldest son was selected for jury duty at a HUGE criminal trial in our area. He was in his mid twenties, right before he joined the Navy. He was very quickly sent home when they found out that there is no gray in his vocabulary and there is only right and wrong, and yes he believes in capital punishment. Rigid moral standards. Thank you very much and go home...... and he was fine with that. :D

Learner quilter
January 28th, 2014, 03:47 PM
I like it... What goes around comes around...... :icon_rofl:

bubba
January 28th, 2014, 03:54 PM
He was not happy this morning. Called his boss as we were driving down to the courthouse. He told her he would work two hours in the morning and four in the afternoon after he got home from court. Pat thinks she will be spending lots of time up in her sewing room!!!!!