PDA

View Full Version : Monday - just embrace it

Blondie
January 27th, 2014, 06:55 AM

Happy Monday folksies!

This will be short and sweet since I need to run back down The Hill to be with the Moms . . .

Have not been online this past week - well, that's a big fat lie - I just didn't have time to do more than try to open email; spent all week at Mom's and with the crazy weather we've had, wifi has not been strong enough at all to tackle more than a bleak off and on signal. That's what happens with pirated wi fi I reckon.

Mom has given us all a wild ride the past few weeks and I am more than tuckered out. Not anything super seriously physically wrong, actually, she is doing quite well that way. She just has some other issues she is dealing with. She has been having panic attacks and then her gout flared up. Both are a work in progress and not a pretty thing. I was so happy I could finally take my big toe to work -_ and - work I did on Friday, big toe and all. It has been more than frigid here in my little corner of the world with more heading this way. We had a brief snow with close to 2 inches on my road, an inch or less around town. Nothing compared with what most of you have had - we southern gals do beach better than snow.

Thanks to all for nice pm's and emails. I am a rotten correspondent not because my heart is, but because my time is not always my own. Be back when I can. Play nice and smile often.

MayinJerset
January 27th, 2014, 07:08 AM
Morning Blondie, Happy to see your smiling face and have you greet the new day for us. Been having some issues myself and know how that can affect your life by curtailing things you want to do. Sounds as if your Big Toe is healing and you've been able to work, your clients must be so happy.

Thought everyone would get a kick at of this quick weight loss treatment. Oh, if it really was that easy.

Jean Sewing Machine
January 27th, 2014, 07:17 AM
Hi Blondie! So glad to hear from you! I can just imagine the difficult days you've been having, with your injury and caring for mom. You are loved and missed when we don't get a little piece of you each day! Thanks for coming back to your quilty peeps and sharing a little smile with us.

P.S. I will never understand why someone would berate you for NOT posting! That is shameful.

buckeyequilter
January 27th, 2014, 07:30 AM
Good morning....

Glad to see you here this morning Blondie!! No one should ever be made to feel that they must post here...this is an optional part of our lives.

It's cold out this morning and going to get much, much colder. I hear the wind out there so I'm worried about getting to work. DH leaves for work before I do so I will at least get a report from him before I head out (if I head out).

Well need to start getting ready for work. Have a wonderful day! Prayers and hugs

shermur
January 27th, 2014, 08:13 AM
Morning, Blondie! Glad to see your posted smile! You're in thought and prayer, sweetie with everything you're going through. Just always remember you have friends here in the forum who absolutely adore you!

I was in bed all day yesterday, very under the weather. As bad as I do not want to, I'll drag my sick butt into work. Now, whether or not I'll stay at work is debatable.

Iris Girl
January 27th, 2014, 08:29 AM
Good morning Blondie, Glad to see you posting and your smile, miss that when your not here. My thoughts are with you and all that is on your plate now. You were missed my many.
the weather here will give us a heatwave today we may make it to the freezing mark. Have less then an inch of snow predicted. Hitting the Post office on my way home to get a box out to cyber elves and PICU, be watching for those ladies. Everyone have a great day.

Hugs to all that need and want them

HandsOffItsMine
January 27th, 2014, 08:47 AM
Hey Sis, glad to see you and to hear it's the WIFI issue and lack of time versus real serious health issues with Mama Ruth or yourself. Give Mama Ruth a dang, big hug from all of us here. Also for yourself and Luscious Larry. So wish we were closer to help you out with shifts.

Love you all on The Hill.

The Schmers and The Stegers!

Monique
January 27th, 2014, 08:53 AM
Good morning everyone. Blondie, glad you got a chance to pop it. I think you already know how much you are loved and missed around here. Glad your big toe is healing and you got a chance to get back to work. Your Mom is so lucky to have you.

I did manage to get a tote bag made that I promised a friend. Another WIP done. Today I need to finish up hand quilting a little quilt that I repaired for another friend. I want to get that out of my way.

I have exercise class this morning of which I am looking forward to. Tomorrow is back to work, the hours are crazy, 10-12 and 3-5 but I am not far from Renfrew, Ontario and will get some grocery shopping done and maybe a hair cut if I have time. If not, there is always the rest of the week as I work until Friday. Thursday hours are 10-12 and 4-6. At least I don't have to work Saturday.

I was invited to another retreat the first week of March, at the same place I was at two weeks ago. Thinking about it.

That is about all I have to say about that.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

MRoy
January 27th, 2014, 08:58 AM
Good morning! Blondie, it's so good to hear from you and learn there is nothing seriously wrong. We get concerned about you and your mama when you're missing. Take care of yourself and your mom and rest whenever and wherever you can. (((HUGS)))

CrazyMtnLady
January 27th, 2014, 09:01 AM
Good morning. It is sure great to see Blondie's smiling face again. Continued prayers for her Mom.

It is super windy this morning. I don't even want to think about the dogs waking up and wanting to go out! DH finally went to bed about a half hour ago. He is such and insomniac. I was awaken a little after 4 by him opening a bag of M&Ms :( so I started my coffee pot and then rubbed his feet and back to help him relax enough to go to sleep. Things are getting a bit better every day but we still have a long way to go to get back where we were.

I have lost 40 pounds but still have another 30 to go before I will be satisfied. I want to be able to get out my tub of jeans that I labeled "Jeans That Are To Small for My Fat A$$" and wear them again. LOL..

Hope everyone has a great day.
Hugs and prayers to all.

pcbatiks
January 27th, 2014, 09:16 AM
Good morning everyone......woke up around 4 to let the dog out and couldn't go back to sleep.

The weather reports say that we have a winter storm advisory for Tuesday........possibly sleet, ice & snow. We already had enough ice Friday to shut things done around here. You know you are an adult when the possibility of snow doesn't excite you any more. :D

I'll be sorting books & buying groceries today & staying home tomorrow.

Blondie........hope you are able to find a few minutes of rest during this busy time.

May........love the weight loss cartoon.......too bad it isn't that easy! :D

dwil23
January 27th, 2014, 09:30 AM
Blondie, so good to see your smile - it was surely missed, but we all understand. Glad nothing too serious is going on with your Mom, but I know from my Dad and his brother, gout is no laughing matter. I have a friend who swears by drinking 2 tbsp. of RAW apple cider vinegar in water, sweetened with raw honey three times a day to keep arthritis and gout away. Wouldn't hurt to try!

Off to the house to meet the movers. Everything from storage is packed in the truck - DS's and DD did that on Saturday, now it's time to unload. Unfortunately, the floors are not done, so we will be putting everything in the living room to be moved again later. UGH. Not what I had planned. Oh well. Yesterday we uncovered serious damage to the inside the exterior wall of DD room. So, now will be putting the floors on hold so that the handyman can tear those down, replace windows and put up new drywall. It never ends. It's raining here, but according to radar, it will end shortly.

Hope everyone has a Blessed day. It's raining here, but according to radar, it will end shortly.

HandsomeRyan
January 27th, 2014, 09:42 AM
Blondie!

Welcome back! There had been all sorts of rumors circulating about you...
• Someone said you were big game hunting in Siberia.
• Someone else thought you had decided to set a new speed record for hot air ballooning across the Pacific Ocean.
• Another theory put forward was that you had purchased a Siberian tiger on craigslist and were taking some time to teach him to jump through a flaming hoop.
• I don't remember who said you were going back to college on a bass fishing scholarship?
• I even heard whispers that you were spending some time trying to cross breed Dromedary and Bactrian camels to make one with 3 humps. (They said you kept ending up with only a hump and a half.)

Glad to see your avatar and I hope things calm down so you can get some rest.

Bubby
January 27th, 2014, 09:51 AM
Good Morning,

It's grooming day for the Girlz so Jeff and I made a flying trip to Houston in the dark because they have to be there no later than 6 am! It was so cold and windy. Olive went into the shop okay, but Dottie tried to hide in the back of the truck. It took both of us to get her out. She really has her stubborn days.

I've been pooped since jury duty. I baked a German Chocolate cake yesterday for our anniversary. We were too tired to go out for dinner because we have to drive all the way to Rolla (40 Miles) just to get a decent meal. We ate at home and had cake and watched Godfather reruns.

I have lots on my agenda this morning while the Girlz are gone. Olive is scared to death of the vacuum and Dottie attacks it, so I get to vacuum in peace when they are gone.

Great hearing from you, Blondie...keep smilin' Hon.

Hugs...

Mpyles
January 27th, 2014, 09:58 AM
Morning!

Cold and windy here.

Grateful for my heated home.

Shirley
January 27th, 2014, 10:43 AM
happy to see you here Blondie ! Hugs to you and your Mama. Luscious, too!

grannyann
January 27th, 2014, 11:01 AM
Glad you got to post Blondie but sorry to hear all that you have been dealing with. All were worried only because your so well liked on here. Hope things slow down for you so you can take care of your self. God bless

LynneLeavell
January 27th, 2014, 11:56 AM
Blondie it is good to see you on the forum this morning. Continued prayers for you and your mom. Stay warm and take care.

Lynne

ilive2craft2
January 27th, 2014, 12:42 PM
Good Morning all!! Happy to see you back Miss Blondie--you were missed. So glad to hear that mama Ruth is doing ok and that your toe is healing. We all understand when life gets in the way of hanging out with our friends.

Cold here today - high is not supposed to be above 0 today with low wind chills. Once my appts are done, I am going to snuggle in and get my sewing room back together, so that I can SEW!!!

auntiemern
January 27th, 2014, 01:54 PM
Welcome back. So glad to hear from you. Now the speculators can stop speculating. I have lots to do today so not gonna say much. Peace, blessings, hugs, and prayers.

K. McEuen
January 27th, 2014, 02:31 PM
Welcome back!

Simply Quilting
January 27th, 2014, 03:03 PM
Morning!!! Thankful today that I get to stay inside as it is sooooo cold outside. We've made a big batch of Cheesy soup with tons of vegetables for lunch and supper. I am working on figuring out everything that I need to pick up to finish up some quilts and start some others.

Glad to see you Blondie. Prayers for you and your mom.

Kgrammiecaz
January 27th, 2014, 03:55 PM
I would say good to see you back - but now you are left with a bunch more to read. Life does get crazy on us, this forum is certainly not always on the list of things to get done. Glad all seems to be going ok. It is really wonderful that you are able to spend time with your mom. Mom's need their daughters.

Good to hear from you really!

Take care.

GrammaBabs
January 27th, 2014, 04:06 PM
Ryan... you are a RIOT!!! keep them coming!!! Hope your wife is feeling well and thriving with the pregnancy!!:)
Blondie!

Someone said you were big game hunting in Siberia.
Someone else thought you had decided to set a new speed record for hot air ballooning across the Pacific Ocean.
Another theory put forward was that you had purchased a Siberian tiger on craigslist and were taking some time to teach him to jump through a flaming hoop.
I don't remember who said you were going back to college on a bass fishing scholarship?
I even heard whispers that you were spending some time trying to cross breed Dromedary and Bactrian camels to make one with 3 humps. (They said you kept ending up with only a hump and a half.)

Monique
January 27th, 2014, 05:27 PM
Blondie!

Someone said you were big game hunting in Siberia.
Someone else thought you had decided to set a new speed record for hot air ballooning across the Pacific Ocean.
Another theory put forward was that you had purchased a Siberian tiger on craigslist and were taking some time to teach him to jump through a flaming hoop.
I don't remember who said you were going back to college on a bass fishing scholarship?
I even heard whispers that you were spending some time trying to cross breed Dromedary and Bactrian camels to make one with 3 humps. (They said you kept ending up with only a hump and a half.)

Good job Ryan. Thanks the laugh.

SallyO'Sews
January 27th, 2014, 05:54 PM
(((BLONDIE)))

Well. I feel much better now. :)

Sheena
January 27th, 2014, 06:08 PM
Blondie, we were worried about you.

Hope your and your Mum's health improves. I don't suppose the cold helps much.

GuitarGramma
January 27th, 2014, 10:19 PM
Hello Blonide! It is so good to see you back on the forum. I missed you terribly. I got your message, and thank you. You are very kind.

Hope your mom turns a corner soon, and I'm glad to know your toe is healing.

Blessings to you and yours!

Ginny B
January 27th, 2014, 11:22 PM
So good to hear from you Blondie. I hope things slow down for you a bit soon. Donna, wow, congrats on the weight loss. Awesome!

It was a warmer day here today but the temps are dropping again and it's going back to frigid tomorrow. I think I am going to head upstairs and get all snuggly in my bed and watch Castle in a little while. I haven't been sleeping real well the last week or so. I keep having intense dreams and waking up. Not scary, just intense, like having a fight with my cousin, being annoyed at work, trying to get someplace and having all sorts of things in my way. Not sure why I'm having these dreams but I wish they would stop. Then last night I woke up every 2 hours with stomach cramps. Then I went into work an hour early. So, overall, I'm just beat.

Hope all of you who are feeling under the weather, start feeling better. I hope we all sleep well tonight.

Mimis-quilts
January 27th, 2014, 11:24 PM
Hey Blondie and all my other quilty-friends...
Well, we are about to be slammed with another artic blast...supposed to be -15 degrees in the a.m. Not looking forward to that at all. We've already had 2 frozen/busted pipes this month...hope we don't have any more. At least I don't have to go anywhere tomorrow or Wednesday...just hanging out in my sewing room!
Hope everyone has a nice week.