PDA

View Full Version : DID you know that some lipstick contain LEAD ? Here's a simple and cheap alternative !

redcaboose1717
January 27th, 2014, 04:52 AM
CRAYON LIPSTICK !!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=iwYibvVBDXs

I found this YouTube Tutorial while surfing the net ( I was looking at cute Cat / Kitten Videos ) .....and stumbled on this young gal's video...and it makes sense ! Take a look....I think I am going to try this ! :icon_wave:

toggpine
January 27th, 2014, 05:24 PM
Lipstick? I think the last time I bought/wore any was at my wedding.

Carmex or lip balm? Yes, for those occasions when I'm sick or I have chapped lips, but I usually have to throw even those out before I use them up.

Make up is expensive, and I'd rather spend my $ on fabric, or thread, or batting, or more fabric, or hay, or templates, or even more fabric. Well, you get the picture!

Iris Girl
January 27th, 2014, 06:47 PM
I agree last time I wore lipstick was either my own wedding or someone elses. I am an all natural girl and do not wear any makeup except chapstick.

IBake
January 27th, 2014, 10:26 PM
I checked this out...and according to the FDA, the amount of lead in lipstick is negligible and is within the set guidelines. I also looked it up on Snopes and they also list it as false. Although I don't encourage(?) the use of lead in cosmetics, it's nice to know that they are keeping an eye on the amounts. If a company makes a new batch of a dye, they need to send a sample with the analysis of the contents.